Shrines need a buff/rework

Shrines are long past due for a rework. Can we possibly see some shrine changes in the future? Im tired of grabbing an EXP shrine to have it pulled off in the first pack and i know im not the only one. Stamina shrines are next to worthless and refilling shrines are redundant when mana, health and wells are everywhere.

What are some ways we can change shrines to better be sutied for D2R’s future?

2 Likes

I use both and they are good. geez people are complainign about everything a nd wnat to buff all possible things…

1 Like

Get off that b.s dude. Ive heard that same line parroted from 50 people so far. This isnt a complaint about “everything”, this is about shrines that are next to worthless. You’re the .00001% that would pretend these shrines are good. They have near zero value in hell in most builds. Prove me wrong…. Nobody said “buffs” either, i was asking what we could do in the future. They absolutely cou ld use a revamp to accomodate where the game is at and headed. Input positive feedback or ideas or quit “complaining”, geez.

There is reason for that, many people are asking for all kind of BS which would make game very easy. Buff this bufff that…Worst is that these ideas come from people who barely understand how game even works and what makes it one of the best ARPG games in history of gaming.

Experience shrine is highly utilized in rushing and ladder race. Stamina shrine is quite usefull for new characters. Refilling shrines are great, I use them all the time and I always like to see one. Not all shrines have to be amazing for characters with elite gear btw.

2 Likes

OK.

In Hell difficulty, the timed buff shrines are a quick curse removal tool.

There you go.

Oh, you expected more? What’s the point in having a hard difficulty if it isn’t hard? It’s already relatively easy for any long time veteran of the game.

1 Like

That isnt adding any value to the stamina shrine. ANY shrine does the same thing but also has an effect with more value. If stamina shrine were removed, you would still be able to remove curses with any shrine that takes its place. Also why cant we be cursed while maintaining a shrine buff? Removing curses with shrines is making the game easier….. but any veteran of the game could easily surmise that.

Im not saying anything about the usefulness of exp shrines or refilling shrines, they def have a use but i would like to see them useable in all areas of the game. Chaos sanctuary is not shrine friendly. I dont see why we cant get an xp boost while also being cursed. Also there has to be a way for stam shrines to have value outside of normal on new characters. I feel as thoug my points are being missed here and misconstrued. I DONT WANT THE GAME TO BE EASIER and i understand that not all items or interactions have to be viable for endgame. Stamina in itself is a broken and dated mechanic, i dont see an argument for it. However, I DO want to see positive change for the game that i love. This was supposed to be a place to brainstorm ideas for said positive changes and ideas, not to argue over opinions. Have any ideas for positive change, leave them here.

When I start a new ssf game in NM and Hell I like to grab a stamina shrine in Blood Moor and run around from there to Tamoe Highland looking for Exp shrines so I can use them on bosses.

i irony of you saying you like to grab a near worthless shrine in order to find shrines of value is funny. Even if you are to do this, wouldnt you run into wells to refill stamina? Dont waypoints kind of counter this too? Once you grab the WP in each area you never need to forest gump it again.

Was thinking about it, but i think it should come if they release the Cleric, it could be her form of utility.

(For the record a Cleric class was planned for D2’s original second expansion that never happened so its perfectly in the cards Blizz might make her if they plan to keep releasing new classes).

That sounds amazing, i would love to see a cleric class. What do you mean it could be her form of utility?

Also i will give some ideas ive been throwing around in my head for shrine changes.

#1. Combine all elemental/res shrines

#2. Stamina shrines need to have an additional effect or stamina should be removed/adjusted.(have ideas for this too)

#3. Gem shrine drops should scale with difficulty/area.

#4. Why not replace refilling “shrines” with wells.

#5. Armor shrines?

#6. Party wide shrines?

#7. Curses and shrine buffs can exist at the same time. Curse removal shouldnt be as easy as grabbing any shrine.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Shrines should grant self aura sigils around the character, so they can’t be cursed off, and so they also effect multiple people within the radius

This is a great idea! This is what i like to see.

What if they scale with amount of players too? More players= weaker buff.

Also what if shrine buffs interacted with other shrine buffs. XP shrine+ Combat shrine= xaura

The only change I want to see to shrines is not having curse duration reduction applying to shrine effects. Cure is a very easy and very useful r/w for instance, particularly on a prayer merc with insight as well, which gives you triple prayer. But having the cleansing aura on you doesn’t just shorten the duration of negative effects, it also shortens the duration of shrine buffs.

Also instead of curses overwriting shrines and vice versa, they should coexist.

1 Like

I play game at the highest level I can, and I don’t need Blizz to make things easier for me, nor change things I don’t use or find useless.

I run each area at full speed and note all the Gem, Skill and Exp shrines. There is almost always a stamina shrine in Blood Moor, I grab it, and I don’t have to worry about my stamina running down. Wells slow me down, especially if I have to drink twice to get full stamina. I do this every new game I make and it only takes a couple of minutes, and for sure I find Exp shrines for Diablo, Nihl, and the Baal waves. I even have videos of my WW barb killing Izzy, Hephasto, Diablo, and Nihl with the same Exp shrine.

1 Like

The only problem to fix with shrines are what CaptainJack said.

Fade and Cleansing aura make them shorter as they are treated like curses. That could be fixed. No more changes are needed.

2 Likes

I dont know what this comment is because it surely isnt ideas for positive change, it seems more like you tried skating my last statement and now are trying to convince yourself that the old system is working for you. Im not interested in seeing you kill any bosses while under the influence of shrine buffs, everyone has done this. Is it more efficient to spend a “couple extra minutes” looking for shrines than it is to just go next game? Wouldnt it make more sense to just be able to grab a shrine and be excited to go to the next area instead of starting fresh in a new lobby?

Blizz doesnt need to change things you dont use or find useless? So you DO find them useless? You can also CHOOSE not to grab shrines if it makes the game “easier” for you. Im not understand the point you are trying to make here but it sounds like youre happy with previous verions of the game and you are free to go “play at the highest level” in those versions. This discussion is supposed to be for ideas for the future versions of the game.

This, and also make shrines party-wide (up to a reasonable radius). Having each shrine ninja’ed in MP games is not fun.

ah yes I momentarily forgot about fade as well.

Basically she’d cast them on people. Think of it as reverse curses. But also depends which direction they go with her. Cleric is a pretty generic class, like a Warrior or Mage. My idea would fit if they basically make a pure “Holy” caster, but that kind steps on the Paladin toes.

My personal preferred take on a D2 Cleric would be something closer to John Constantine, the more modern/Keanu Reeves version anyway, not the early comics, (as a woman since the original D2 Cleric was female), using crossbows (currently a pretty useless weapon class besides Buriza and even then…). Again it edges on “ranged Paladin” but there’s going to be cross ups between both concepts. Its not like that prevented Blizz from releasing the Warlock (who shares a lot of DNA with the Necro).

New idea: Rune Shrine that works like Gem Shrine.