Shoutout to Devs, Techs and CM's

worst part for me is: last blizz tracker post: 18h ago.
No response, no reaktion NO Twiitter dont count. EU /DE Forum much worse

1 Like

It is entirely conceivable that we are looking at a 0-2 man dev team who simply aren’t around

Haha what? That would mean they actually did their job properly.

But isn’t that their MO?

Locked char is only the consequence of the server issue. I guess the parameters of your char were not saved correctly when the server is down. So obviously two causes here:

1. The logic behind “char status” is not correct, how can the status be “online” when the user has been logged out. Even if the server recovers from the breakpoint, the status should not be set back to ‘online’ as in the breakpoint
  2. Blizzard is using their own servers and they are not scalable. Also, clearly, they under-estimated the traffics

Because they didn’t program that in. Trivial fix, actually, that “cleans” the database on game exit.

Or open game opening, in case the last exit was a non-normal termination.

This stuff isn’t hard. If you think of it…

Keep going Blizzard! :+1:

:smiley:

1 Like

Wow. I am astounded at the amount of perfect people who know everything and feel its their duty, NO responsibility to judge others on unplanned or foreseen problems. Not everything is predictable or as precise as some of ya’ll think. Everyone but you is lazy and incompetent. Seriously, impressive.

1 Like

Blizzard resolved the AVX issue. Still more work to do! Keep going Blizzard!

Woot! :+1:

2 Likes

5 month necro! :skull:

Hopefully we’re coming in for the home stretch! The train is running a wee bit late, but that is better than never! Appreciate the hard work VV/Blizzard going through thick and thin to bring this remaster to life!

Ladder time is coming soon! Woohooo!!! Lets gooo!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i havent been able to see a single online game since release day

good job blizz!

Lol hard work. No just no

1 Like

The light at the end of the tunnel is finally visible! :eyes:

Thank you devs, techs and CMs for the hard work! Delays suck, but IMO it’s worth the wait. I’ve been through what crappy servers are like in the original game… 4000+ game creation queues just to create one game, regular server restarts to fix the issue for the issues to only return a short time later… Don’t want those headaches in D2:R, nope, nuh-uh, no way!

:+1:

4 Likes

Stop being a blizzfan, 7 months is way too long for an update. It just shows incompetence and a complete disregard for costumers.

3 Likes

Or, it shows that they in fact had a major problem on their hands that they did not discover until after the game was launched.

You honestly think they wanted the ladder to be delayed this long? Get real.

Delays suck, but I’d rather them take the time to fix the problems right instead of rushing things which might have made problems worse or created new problems.

3 Likes

Well I would like to be a millionaire but if I don’t take any steps to achieve that then why should I have any other expectation than to not be a millionaire?

If Blizzard isn’t willing to spend the money to accommodate the quality and scheduling from their past incarnation, there’s no reason to expect keeping deadlines.

This is something Blizzard can proactively remedy by spending the money. But they won’t do that. This is not a natural phenomenon or something. It’s something that is remedied by proactivity from the company itself which they refuse to do: spend the proper amount.

1 Like

Temporary Job opening: Developers and coders needed to expedite the process of resolving the D2:R server problems. Estimated 1-3 months, then we’ll have to let you go, sorry.

Note: Must be familiar with computer language and coding habits from the late 90’s.

1 Like

That’s not how it works. Google doesn’t have any problems keeping their website up. They spend the money. While I’m not trying to compare the traffic to Google, I’m illustrating that if you spend enough money, anything is accomplished in this area.

The Blizzard of the past did not have these problems because they adequately funded their projects. Activision is not. Simple as that and it should be called out, not defended.

1 Like

I know you’re illustrating spending money. I’m illustrating the mock temporary job opening to assist Blizzard in fixing the server issues.

Well I mean they can start with not pulling the team to other projects and leaving a skeleton crew when the game is clearly not ready.