Should we consider nerfing spirit?

Everyone defending Spirit with any logical statement is only defending the Shield. I agree the Shield is the balanced side of it. The sword is not balanced, it hits at lvl 25 and overshadows just about every other caster weapon until you get to Hoto. The Spirit sword is not end game it’s early mid game that takes you through end game.

I found a Blackhand Key for my necy, it’s supposed to be a mid to end game item for a necy. Compared to spirit: +2 all skills check, Blackhand gives +1 to curses. + to casting speed, I had to drop 5 casting speed to use the wand. + to life: Blackhand does +50 life Spirit does +22 Vit which is 44 life, slight edge to Blackhand. Mana: Spirit gives 110 Blackhand 0. Why am I comparing a Blackhand key to Spirit?

1 Like

Actually for max block 99/99 windy Druid 35% spirit sword is bis.

And for necro +8 spear white is bis for bone, and 2/50 web is bis for psn.

Hoto is only bis for hammerdins. And arguably max cast windy depending on your setup.

Although for leveling spirit is hands down the best caster choice. Easily obtainable if someone chooses to do so and I see no issues with that. It’s a very versatile rw that was ladder only until d2r. People should be happy they can access these rw now instead of complaining.

1 Like

No, we should look at reworking the 100 unique items that are not used.

7 Likes

Am all for nerfing BIS stuff

Or buffing other stuff like they did in PD2 where lidless can roll 2 skill

Instead of nerfing spirit I think it make more sense to create a necro shield that have 3os.

2 Likes

Nah, in early levels, a player can hardly get any good rune for a decent weapon. For them, Spirit sword or shield are already tough to acquire. Do you want them to go buy weapons and runewords from online merchants to play the game?

Spirit is actually super easy to farm from normal countess…. And no one uses spirit shield at low lvl. They use ancients pledge.

True. I did not get a Spirit shield long after in NM, before that ancient pledge was all I can find.

They should add FCR on ALOT of the rarer gear. And THEN make the highest rune FAL to at least make its quality a little more sense.

im cool with specifically nerfing your spirits

personally i like my spirit to be gg

whatever strokes ur fancy i guess

1 Like

Lets be honest, non-ladder itemization > ladder itemization. Grief, Infinity, Insight, Spirit, Fort are all way to strong at their jobs.

L54 for a monarch Spirit is not “late game”. That’s “still in nightmare”.

1 Like

Outside of enigma for str, which still isn’t till lvl 65…. sacrificing that much strength at lvl 54 for a spirit monarch is mad stupid. Gj gimping yourself early. Real smart. Spirit shield is an end game item. It’s either your bis or you aren’t using it. Period.

Would spirit being plus one skills and not two be a ridiculous nerf? It is way too good though, but idk if its worth nerfing or buffing weaker items.
Some other runewords early on are quite strong too. Any where every single player uses it is quite powerful.

Why would getting into your gear early be terrible?
On HC, sure you need the vitality. On SC? Who cares. What’s it going to cost you between L54 and L80? 3 deaths? 10? Even 10 deaths is only a quarter of a level (assuming body recovery). The server will kill you more times than that.

That’s completely anecdotal here say. But whatever you wanna say to justify your argument/poor decision making :man_shrugging:t2:

Point being spirit shield is an end game bis item. And if it isn’t you wouldn’t use it. It doesn’t need to be changed.

If they replaced the amn rune with sur/cham/zod i would be ok with it.

No one would be okay with rerolling 15 times to get 35% to hit their respective breakpoints with those runes. Why do people want to make an already heavy grindy game even more grindy to spite everyone. Makes zero sense. People already whine expensive hr bis gear like enigma and grief need to be nerfed because they are bitter they can’t afford what other people can. You want to gimp one of the few bis items everyone can obtain?

1 Like

Thats the point its a best in slot so it would increase difficulty and make off runes worth a bit more.

And that’s my point. People already whine about the difficulty to obtain most other bis runewords. And yet you want to make the single easily obtainable potentially bis runeword HARDER for those people to get. This helps no one. And hurts everyone.

2 Likes