Shield alternatives for a Javazon

Hello everyone. With the addition of traderie finding some more rare uniques are much easier. I was wondering what a javazon can use instead of monarch spirit. Is it the best in slot or is there anything else interesting? Apart from 4 sockets blue monarch with rainbow those are absurd to me. I thought about lidless wall but spirit is better, is there anything else?

1 Like

There are a ton of options. If you need resistances you could run sanctuary (runeword: ko ko mal) which gives tons of resistance and defense. Stormshield is an amazing shield of you can get a hold of one. Blackcloak is a really interesting one that gives a good chunk of life, dex, and cold absorb based on character lvl. As far as other shields go, anything with resistances, better block rate or block speed, and faster hit recovery are all good options.

3 Likes

Might be in the minority but I’m still really enjoying Rhyme here. The all resist, improved block and block speed, magic and gold find is pretty sweet and the “Cannot be Frozen” frees up my ring slot for something else. Just feels like the perfect (non-offensive) shield for me, especially since it doesn’t break the bank.

I do wonder how it compares to Sanctuary that SwedishChef mentioned. I’m assuming the beefy resist would give me more flexibility elsewhere right, but are there any other advantages I’m missing?

2 Likes

Phoenix runeword shield is pretty amazing as well for general clears. Redemption aura it grants will keep you always topped off.
Wouldn’t be the best for bossing, but I used to use it for my clear shield.
Tstrokes/ stormshield I think is what I used on swap for single targets.

Moser blessed circle with a couple pdiamonds has huge resist and is a good option if you’re going for a max block setup.

I went for Spirit, i love +skill and i think its the best cost/benefit. Phoenix is awesome but pretty expensive

I love me a Gerke’s sanctuary on hc or doing nihl (for those evil snakes)

1 Like

rhyme is a must for hell until you get something with the “cannot be frozen” mod. once you get a ravenfrost ring then you would strongly consider going to sanctuary rune word or stormshield. i went to level 87 with a rhyme before i found a ravenfrost and made a sanctuary rune word.

1 Like

did they ever fix the overblocking bug on mosers? i use to like that shield until i found out that the 40% block rate was causing it to miss so it wasnt blocking at all. just cant remember if they ever fixed that bug or not. i agree with you though, it looks good on paper.

the number one reason to equip a shied is blocking and spirit has no additional blocking modifiers so no way to get to or close to the 75% max blocking rate unless you are a paladin. real nice mods on the shield though and cheap to build. rhyme has high blocking and cannot be frozen so unless you scored a ravenfrost early which most did not who would consider using one of those 2 i consider rhyme way better.

1 Like

If you are doing cows, the most damage you can get is from 4 facet monarch. If you can manage your resists, you can still wear it outside of cows.

ryhme is what i use until i get a ravenfrost then i switch to sanctuary or ss.

I’m currently using Storm Shield w/ perfect diamond on my Javazon for raw tanking power and resists. Mosers is also equipped in the 2nd slot just incase I need more resists at a moment’s notice.