Server Region Change

Has anyone figured out a way to change region? My PS account is US but Im in Asia and im getting high ping.

1 Like

According to blizzard you have only two options:

1. buy a PC release of D2Refunded
  2. move to other parts of the world :smiley:

it is another feature cut out of console version of the game - you cant change realm you wish to play.

1 Like

There is no way to change the Region on console.
It all depends on your PSN accounts region afaik.

So, as a workaround: Create an Asian PSN Account and to avoid buying the game a second time, make your US account a primary account on the console.
… But still: You will have a blank online character rooster this way, so … maybe you will have to bind your new Asian PSN Account to your current battle.net account … I don`t know. you should find appropriate Information with the use of Google and such.

Also normally, creating an PSN account witch is not in the same country where you live, is against Sonys ToS. So do not expect official support from any party.

1 Like

Absolutely brilliant, ur suggestion worked. Ive got another ps account (no psn) in asia and the ping is much lower. I synced my bnet account and my charcs are all there.

I didnt make the US account out of region, just that I moved physically.

1 Like

This is good news it worked but stupid that there is no simple way for doing this, only some workaround.
And strange thing that you have you characters on different realm. If I remember correctly characters were assingerd to each specific realm in D2LOD.

1 Like

Great that my suggestion helped you. It was basically just a shot out in the blue :D.

Maybe the server environment for D2R acts a bit different from D2LoD. Who knows.

Yeah interesting outcome… global character database but games assigned to region. Thanks again man. Had a good mf day so far thanks to u :slight_smile:

Update: @Geridian, I am facing an issue where the 2nd acct cant join or invite ppl to game. My ps plus is tied to my firsr account. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Any solution for Nintendo Switch for this problem?

If anyone else interested - my working solution is to use vpn (on router) to region at witch like to play! (this is solution for Switch).

I (duanebs) have instructions up on YouTube for PSN. Xbox and Switch can be changed in settings and restart console. Blizzard really needs to even the playing field for consoles in this area. It’s like 3 clicks on PC.

I don’t believe Blizzard has any say on this. You’re talking about an ecosystem driven rule that ties in purchases, content, game ratings and more.

They way it works now is fine because all consoles allow you to change your region on the console. Games could have designed their server for a login but then it’s still has console ecosystem impacts that could get confusing or create unnecessary challenges for the developer.

Just saying it’s simple enough to change your console region

If I have bought Diablo 2R on switch on US eshop from US account can I play it in europe on my EU account with nintendo online sub ? if so how do I switch regions?