Season 4? The much needed Crafting 2.0!

We still don’t need +3 Javelin Skills crafted gloves. They’re fine where they are with +2.

Why are you so fixated on Jav gloves while 99% of crafting is bad lol

I wouldn’t mind giving a bit into power creep with +3 jav crafted gloves if it means that the whole magic itemization is now worth something and that crafting is now a viable process as a whole

Sounds like “don’t improve the quality of life of everybody because it would increase the quality of life of rich people so I prefer suffering people to keep suffering rather than have the side effect of helping rich people”

Fixated? I was adding a comment on the ongoing conversation. Chill.

I do love the idea of less restrictions on the item type of the specified item class for a recipe like caster barb helms.

As I started d2r a javazon, I can tell you that using charsi q on +3 javelins does in fact reroll the skill numbers. It might retain the original +3 but in my short experience it would always revert down to +2. I was also trying this later after ladder 1 and with a lower level char and still never saw the +3 stay after the imbue.

So all that and my other point, I also love the idea of finding a awesome 3/3/2 blue wand and being able to roll it as a CASTER recipe and retain it’s +skills just add the mana mana Regen and etc doesn’t sound that OP to me. It could be a 3/3/3 that is already super rare and valuable but your craft rolls lowest and worst mods and now it isn’t worth nothing more than using until you find that next 3/3/3 or give up and settle for a 3/3/2 and hope for a max roll with your favorite mods.

And back to javazon, I also spent a lot of Sol runes trying to make a safety javalin. First of all it’s possible to craft a godly lvl 17 javalin on the level of having titans before and through nightmare. Dual leech replenish stack is possible. Granted I didn’t have much success at rolling that lvl 17 jav but I always found a low lvl javazon and gave away my results. Dual leech is still awesome on a lvl 17 jav that also gives +skills even without replenish quantity. I’d love to make a blood jav, would make the dual leech roll more likely with life leach being a auto include.

When talking about the crafting system, don’t forget that the item level and the char level matters for the craft recipe roll. By that I mean some of the current craft recipes only are good to try to make early norm/nm leveling easier. What is the harm of making revisions to the system or daresay add some new things in the same vein the creators intended.

Hey I got close to op in needing a tldr ending to my post, lol.

I promise OP I’m gonna go back and read that wall of ideas, but I must say the first response was my first thought after about 5 minutes of reading and then scrolling the rest: you need a job at blizzard? I will vouch for you. The second half of that comment not included.

The early/mid game still needs some help. Endgame is good. These changes or some more diversity in recipes would help especially for ladders. I’m not crazy about ladder locked content, but maybe some cube recipes that are ladder only? If we’re gonna keep pushing everyone to restart every 4 months why not make the journey less grindy?

You taking it too far with corpse explosion on striking, retain affixes and s!t.
There is a way simpler approach to start with for crafting and still play D2R and not a heavy modded thing.

Simple as any ethereal items crafted in the cube to stay ethereal.

Now this unlocks the potentional to roll good, even endgame weapons especially throwing weapons since they can roll replenish quantity more often than repair.
Throw barbs can even do without it…

30-60% extra ed from craft stacked with a cruel mod wil do the rest.

They did fix the ethbugged armors we had before (who dint loved them?) and most dint liked it.
Still was a bug and they did right.

Now, its quite odd for me ethereal items to be changed to normal after a crafting recipe.
Always felt buggy too.

Just let perfect gems drop from terrroised zones and I’ll be happy.
If we’re putting in wish lists… a mechanic to swap one gem for another would be kinda sweet too, I’d pick them all up rather than leaving most of them on the ground.

2 Likes

Tldr

Agree that senseless fixed mods should be updated with useful mods.

Hard disagree to pretty much everything else.

You’re*

And that last word is not allowed language

Sorry if I understand how to make crafting interesting

Instead of making sure to invest time and effort to still have a boring system like you suggest lol

I think buffing the other crafting recipes is enough of a change to make other perfect gems worth while. Although this also begs the “please for the love of god allow stacking.”

Also another post within same theme.

Constructive criticism for changes that the devs are going to largely ignore is not harmful.

Dude… my post was up 3 hours before his lol he’s the one that posted it in response to mine

Lol at you trying to play the forum police yet end up shooting yourself in the foot lol

Hmm weird theirs appeared before yours. I was there. Not saying you’re wrong, just find it weird.

On the main Op of each topic

Click on the “1D”

It’ll give you the exact time of creation of the post

And even if my post wasn’t the first one

By your rule he would still have been the one to post in mine because I’ve been posting about improving crafting for almost 2 years on these forums haha

Yes but your proposed changes are often met with heavy criticism. I am new here, don’t really care to get into the who was first to what… I will edit the post to just have the tag for further discussion as I find it annoying to look in two different threads for the same thing.

My point still stands that you greet criticism with hostility and attacks of character. Maybe work on that.

1 Like

Yep. It’s been the same for about a year, seks doesn’t take it well when anyone tries to engage in conversation about his suggestions unless the feedback is strictly positive and heavily lathered in praise.

He usually just lashes out and criticises people who reply, trying to discredit them so he can say their opinion isn’t valid.

At this point I’m pretty sure it’s pathological. :grin:

It’s actually a tactic he’s owned up to in the past. He looks for ideas from other people then slightly modifies them (sometimes very very slightly) and reposts them as his own.

He works on a volume basis, posting so many ideas that when blizzard finally do release a patch… if there’s something new that sounds even vaguely… distantly… semi-close to something he’s ever mentioned, he congratulates himself about how blizzard accepted his brilliant idea from his superior brain and how he contributed to the development of the game.

It’s basically the same approach as throwing effluent against the wall over and over again - eventually some of it is bound to stick.

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

… I didn’t even realize I wanted that before. But now that you’ve said it. This would be pretty cool.

Accurate.

3 Likes

Very ironic

Especially since all I do is bring ideas and argument on them, the ideas, not the people

While the majority of people here just don’t waste time and personally attack me

Just take this topic, who is there to respect the rules and have a discussion based on the topic and who is only there to insult and belittle me?

This morning I was thinking about the stack idea and had pitched to myself what if it was 3x stack limit? And I was like hell yeah it’s stacking resources and might save me a 1 of 20 char slot per ladder season from being just a pgem/rune upping gem mule.

Now thinking on it, wtf was I thinking? A 3 stack flawless would basically just be the exact same as a perfect gem. Like would it save me 2 clicks to move a 3 stack to the cube to up? Yes it would. Not that much of a qol improvement there.

That begs the question at the core, what is the limit to how many pgems or Ist runes we really need to fit in a 1x1 square? Makes the loot bag idea that would take one 1x1 square or 4 of char inventory to have a new horadric cube that is just a coin purse for gems and runes and jewels? And maybe a limit on stackable runes like el-shael only. It makes more tabs make more sense than coding item stacking into the game.

On a related note, don’t sleep on the safety weapon recipe as it is. It will get many javazons to and through NM and even makes self finding titans pretty easy.

But big upvote for Blood javalins AND other throwables for barbs new schtick at range attacking. That would be something I’d love to see Blizz try to do post d4 (of course) if not with season 3…

Personally i wouldnt put any limit to Stacks

But if i had to i would say 100, its a nice round number, its big, way more than whats needed for most players and it allows stacking to serve its purpose to the full extent

To be honest I need more tabs before stacks. As a crafter my biggest inventory hog is the blue bases well before my gem mule gets maxed.

100 really? That doesn’t sound the least bit absurd? Hell I was thinking 10x stacks if also including runes up to ist is overkill as F.

Give me 10 more mules or 5 more tabs and I’ll try to work on my hoarding of Diablo digital items.

Also just realized I bet Gold doesn’t transfer to NL if your already maxed out on Nl gold. Also can we make it 10 million per tab? 2.5 is a good jumping off point as the debut of tabs and their use (until we realized the char limit 20) and now it’s not just this loot or that, it’s this barb or that third barb or I’m out of slots.
I would love to play both summon and bone necros and windy and shifty druid. I’m good with my one (screw meta and tweeks to game) orb/wall sorc. Paladin… There’s 3 versions id like to play and alternate between.

Oh my bow and java zons. I haven’t tried pokerzon yet but pikes did get more useful for non bow or jav zones. Makes me want to make my only second sorc: maul welding enchant sorc.

On second review I’m at 13 chars with just those I would like to play eventually but not at the loss of another char I leveled and geared. 7 mules to 13 chars sounds about right.

Uniques low/high
Sets low lvl/only the bis
Pgems and skull
Low runes cube gems
Mid-hi runes
Edit:
Jewel mule

Ah crap thats 7 mules and I didn’t even get a mule for blue bases for crafts, low/endgame base mule plus another base mule for armors and former weapons. And another base mule for ethereal bases and merc runeword bases. I’m forgetting essences, keys and oh of course can’t count out the jewel mule for ists when you have overflow of JJs over bases to craft or the runes.

Yikes no wonder I stop playing when I get overloaded with stuff that’s worth something to someone, eventually or for a limited time.

Dual sword barb got dual griefs coming to NL. That’s about as far as I grinded this L2. Got awesome rolls on damage with 389 and 390.

I did make 4 mules and my lone find item frenzy barb this ladder. Item spacing was a bitxh and I wasn’t even crafting I was just selling the runes/gems for cubing up runes to Lo plus what dropped for me.

I keep making the ladder mules chars I want to lvl and play, but new ladder means I need storage space. Sadly this ladder proved to me it’s easier to see the item you want to drop from shopping for it vs usual heavy farming and waiting for it to drop. Ladder is so easy to trade Pammy’s for nm grade gear that can be poor man’s endgame gear like shako vmagi etc. And prubys too. Well all pgems really but pgems come on later for GC rerollers. Ist for 40 is a nice deal.

Oh nobody sensical is against more tabs

Just that for the majority of players, stacking is the system that saves the most space

I feel that with the changes I proposed, you wouldn’t hoard as many blue since crafting wouldn’t be about Ilvl but rather a conjoncture of Ilvl+affixes on the base+jewel ilvl

Crafting wouldn’t be a mass spam event like it currently is, it would be a bit rarer since more deterministic but the ingredients being rarer

Why would it be overkill?

Why isn’t 10stack overkill?

When you consider that stacking is meant to save space, facilitate trading and facilitate rune/gem upgrade… 100 isn’t overkill