Season 4 end/Season 5 announcement imminent?

The following thread was recently unstickied:

:thinking:

im looking forward to the new season…
(probably only because i haven’t seen the notes yet)

1 Like

So you’re looking forward to being yet again disappointed…

:laughing:

4 Likes

Hm almost 3 months. The problem is that most devs now work on the dead horse Diablo4.

I hope they do not destroy D2R with stuff like mosaic. Item rebalancing would be insane though.

1 Like

there is always a faint glimmer of hope that maybe they wont be utterly horrific.

honestly some of the d2:R changes were good,

6 Likes

Partly I’m curious to see what changes (if any) they will bring.

Partly I’m scared to see what those changes may do to “demaster” the game.

2 Likes

Diablo 4 could not dethrone D2 for me. Hopefully the devs will continue to work on D2R a little bit.
Buffing rare uniques would take like 10 minutes of work really.

1 Like

THERE IS HOPE IN DARKNESS. HOPPPEEEE

sadasdwe

Cooley also just released a video talking about community requested changes. It would be very cool to see the Tyrael’s Might change at least.

Hell at this point, I’ll settle for the super simple small fry change… Move Cain next to stash in Act 5. Something that many have been asking for since the release of the game, something that is a reality in the original game, yet they keep ignoring it.

1 Like

Well Season 5 should probably start in about a month, so if they were gonna actually have a PTR this time, they’ll probably be announcing it pretty soon.

This and ilvl and I’d be pretty happy tbh.

Obviously I’d love melee to get some extra love, especially things like unborking 2H WW, but I’d settle for the above, and may be a blessing in disguise to have limited scope changes…

3 Likes

Yep, a simple ilvl tooltip on craftable/rerollable items is a much needed QoL addition… It’d clear up a lot of confusion that many have on what the level of items are from certain areas/containers/monsters. While things aren’t as confusing when the area levels are static, it’s needed even more with the addition of Terror Zones and their dynamic area levels.

It’d certainly make keeping a “special area” in your stash to keep and sort Hell Baal charms for rerolling a thing of the past. Oh CRAP I moved one to make room for something else… CRAP WHERE DID I PUT IT?!!1?!1

1 Like

Yeah, honestly I think it would be neat QoL to have an (optional) display for non-TZ zones showing the level in the top right, just like TZ zones do. Many of us know the lvl 85 ones by heart at this point, but some of the less common zones or in non-Hell difficulties would be neat to have in game vs. looking it up.

I think ilvl could simply display on all items above/below the required level line item, possibly just with an enable check mark in options, or a toggle button. Definitely more useful on charms, jewelry and RW bases, though.

While we’re on tool tip QoL, I think adding the “roll ranges” to items on a toggle would also be really nice. Hold control while hovering over the item, see what that %ED range is in parenthesis after your roll.

I think they could improve the “LCS” (Lying Character Sheet) to actually show damage properly (ie, from Grief), add what BP you’re at for CR,BR,HR,AS and possibly show what next BP is, maybe improve it for dual wielding situations to avoid confusion about what stats are in effect for what attacks, etc.

that reminds me I was rolling a GC, got a nice life and light res roll, didn’t have the heart to keep rolling, and now I need to remember where I put it…

3 Likes

just let me block the spambots, thats all i want for season 5…

The only way they will likely be able to block the spambots with as little maintenance/interaction from them as possible which seems to be a requirement for Blizzard for this game is to automatically two-week ban all detectable VPN connections, just like they do with the original game.

With all of the antivirus products that offer VPN “protection” that is automatically enabled, that will surely get the Tech Support forum/ticket submission rolling. :disappointed:

I’m feeling just another blank reset.

1 Like

Another thing I would like them to add, is the ability to use the shortcut: Ctrl+click, for quickly moving items in the trade window.
Like when you want to trade 40 gems.
Even throwing them on the ground takes too long.

1 Like

Keep on eye on BlizzTrack for any changes to PTR or Vendor builds, they didn’t update any of them before the last reset so it seems unlikely that they’ll do it this time either but we’ll see.

2 Likes

True, true… So very true.