Season 3 - Unnecessary Barrier To Entry

As the upcoming Season 3 is about to be kicked-off, the lack of additional character slots is an unnecessary barrier to entry to participate in new seasons going forward. Players should not have to delete their beloved characters and top-teir items to experience the new season. Players should not have to buy a copy of the game and create an alternate account as a workaround. They also don’t want the headache of having to mule items between two sepatate accounts.

Blizzard, it’s time to upgrade your servers and supporting infrastructure. From a buisness perspective, it doesn’t make sense to spend capital resources to upgrade servers with little or no return on investment (must be financial incentive for this to come to fruition). Therefore, in order to raise the capital, I recommend offering your customers the option to buy additional character slots on their main account with the pricing model shown below:

Additional Character Slots Pricing (USD)
5 Characters $4.99
10 Characters $6.99
20 Characters $9.99

Notes

• Maximum character slots would be doubled to 40 for first season following server upgrade
  • Available across all platforms: MS Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One
3 Likes

Fully support this, we get more slots, blizzard gets more money.

Win-win. Why they haven’t done this yet is still mind boggling.

2 Likes

I hate microtransaction but this sounds like an option. At least it wouldn’t be necessary to buy more slots if someone handles those 20.

3 Likes

I also hate microtransactions. However, from a buisness perspective, it doesn’t make sense for them to spend capital resources to upgrade their servers with little or no return on investment. There needs to be a financial incentive for this to come to fruition.

1 Like

I concur. I hate micro-transactions, and I don’t like the incentive it would create for them to create more items to fill our inventories, but I would pay for this. We desperately need more slots.

1 Like

Agreed. Don’t understand why they are burying their heads in the sand on this issue.