Sanctuary and Thorns aura build still NOT strong enough to be a playable build

I’ve tried both Thorns and Sanctuary aura with very good gear and still lacking enough DPS to actually enjoy the Builds. Are you going to fix this by Ladder release in 2 days? Magic Hammer, Blizzard, Hydra, Lightning, Javazon are all solid builds. Why cant I have a strong build that’s NOT as common? I thought you were making Builds more diverse in Patches 2.3 and 2.4? Doesn’t feel like I have many Build options, still.

Some skills are simply better than others. It’s been that way since virtually the game’s inception and certainly since LoD and 1.10 came along. 2.4 boosted the viability of Holy Auras(Fire/Freeze/Shock) and Fist of Heavens(FoH) due to Holy Bolt piercing targets and affecting Demons. It’s still not as strong as Blessed Hammer but its an alternative that Paladin players can utilize.

Sanctuary and Thorns are auras with niche uses. Sanctuary only affects Undead, hence Demon and Animal/Beast are completely unaffected by it while Thorns necessitates you get hit by a melee physical attack(does nothing on Elemental or Ranged attacks) whereupon the damage returned is reduced by the enemy’s physical resistance. If they’re PI, Thorns does nothing. Given that, people often pick more reliable options in the Paladin aura toolkit.

ALL Skills are “reliable” if you make them work properly so People can choose their own Build. I thought that’s what Blizzard said they were doing.

Sanctuary needs to add magic damage on hit like Project Diablo did, that’d make it a great skill instead of the unusable crap it is now.

Regarding thorns, the skill itself needs way bigger numbers to work.

Sanctuary and Thorns must be re-worked

Sanctuary can be attained various synergy effects with attacking aura

Sanctuary + Holy Fire
Paladin imbues Righteous Flame Crux aura. The fire damage period will decrease and With X%, Righteous Flame explosion to each demon and Undead kill

Sanctuary+ Holy Freeze
Paladin weapon will attain Holy Freeze cold Damage and freezing effect. attacking Frozen enemies will give extra damage and x% critical blow.

Sanctuary+ Holy Shock
All paladin’s combat skills damage will be converted in to Lightning damage and fist of heaven skill effect will changed as a thunder stake. Electrocute effect decrease x value lightning resistance of enemies. And it remove fixed casting time.

can you link your build and gear on maxroll.gg?

import it here so i can see what you’re doing wrong.

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/