Sad Solo sorc hell difficulty help wanted for a viable build after patches

As the titles says, I am a new player that reached hell difficulty and am having trouble selecting a build with the recent buffs/nerfs.

So far I specialized in lightning, lightning nova, but just too many things are immune to lightning and it seems I must go hybrid, as I can’t obtain sunder charms.
What is the current entry level hybrid build that will get me past the hell difficulty with ease?
I am a level 75
People complained about hydra nerf, about firewall nerf, about meteor/fireball/frostorb nerf, whatever build I check I see it being nerfed in the next post, and people saying that it is no longer viable.

I just need some build that will get me through hell and able to farm bosses sort of safely and reliably in case I get better and need to respec.
Please advise!

1 Like

So I think when I did my solo play thru I think frozen orb/fireball or firewall are the best dual dmg priority frozen orb. Or use a d2 hero editor and make a lightning sunder charm or infinity for your merc. You can go completely over board with hero editor but ruins the challenge of beating the game so just make a few items to help the run.

1 Like

I tried frozen orb/firewall as it was most efficient, however firewall is very hard to target especially with moving or fast moving enemies, and since I did not have a lot of the gear my merc would often die.
I did make progress with it, however I would rather work hard and honest as a contributing member of a society, than play this build, no offense to those who can micro-manage that.
I then switched to meteorb sorc, and it was much easier to play as even with the delay, meteor was able to hit more accurate than the fire wall.

This seems reliable enough to clear all mobs except those that are too speedy, as meteor is a bit too slow to catch them without tanking them.
I also learned the hard way that you needed to reroll ancients resistances, as I got an incredible combination of all 3 of them being resistant to fire/cold.
Mobs are harder than the bosses on hell.

edit: Forgot to mention that I managed to finish the game on hell, and to thank for the advice!

1 Like

Hydra-orb is a good dual element sorc for low budgets.

Hydra-Orb does just fine. In fact, once I found a Cold Sunder I changed to pure cold Blizz-Ball and discovered that at that point my Hydra-Ord was still better, this was only a few weeks ago, at around level 80.

But since then I’ve geared up better and leveled and now my pure cold kicks too much butt. I also tried pure lightning, and pure fire, and found that for my gear (full Tal Rasha’s), pure cold was the best.

But yeah, I was doing just find as Hyrda-Orb.