Running multiple instances of D2R on the same computer

If that’s the issue, Then how about just install another D2R on your hard drive and let the Battle.net run it too?
2 Different directories of D2R, easy.

Thank you for these amazing words of wisdom! You are so smucking fart!

1 Like

What you are asking for is multiboxing, and is against the TOS, and will get you banned.

Please provide source to your claims. I am pretty confident that this is not true.

He is mulitboxing which is fine and legal.
I used to multibox D3 years ago.
You have to pay a small fee to use mulitbox or isboxer.

Right now atm Inigo Montoya is stuck in cue and freaking out somewhat!
https://www.twitch.tv/inigomontoya

1 Like

Just spent a few minutes trying to make this work. I don’t have 2 copies of D2R so someone would have to confirm they can actually join games.

1. Download Process explorer
  2. Launch D2R from Bnet
  3. Open Process Explorer
  4. Find D2R on the left side, click on it
  5. Find the Event "Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\Diablo II Check For Other Instances
  6. Right click the event and select ‘Close Handle’
  7. Open another D2R instance using the .exe (not Bnet)
  8. Close process explorer (you dont have to, but it eats moderate resources).

Yes please keep cheating while normal people can’t even play. What a cancer thread

I mean, I don’t know what you mean by “normal people” but I don’t think anyone is really playing right now.

I haven’t even played since the first couple days, might play some on ladder. I doubt multiboxing will be widespread since the benefits seem pretty minor. A barb to battle shout you? Almost doesn’t seem worth the hassle of joining the game, but not really my concern.

To define this as cheating, you’re going to have to get pretty creative.

1 Like

Mulitboxing and playing multiple accounts on one pc is sanctioned by blizzard.

If you keep making negative posts here you will be flagged as inappropriate.

2 Likes

From multiboxing it is not so far to use some software for automated commands. D2 and other blizz games always had massive issues with botters. Being so obsessed about efficiency to use all this multiboxing you gotta be using that jsp pay to win trade as well and who knows what else. As a normal casual player I don’t even bother thinking about using such tools. You’re the last type of person I would be scared of being flagged so spare me this brave talk. On the contrary Blizzard should take closer look at accounts of everyone sharing ideas in this thread for that weird more efficient playing. Also wondering if it may be related to issues servers are having.

Thanks for the bump.
Also you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Again,

• Blizzard allows Multiboxing.
    There is nothing wrong with it.
  • Blizzard also allows multiple clients of same game on one PC.
    There is nothing wrong with that either.
5 Likes

Naturally, people multiboxing, are adding more strain to a server, than say, you, using only a single client / connection. No dispute here.

That said, you have no idea, or you are being arrogant, assuming that everyone that multiboxes is then rigged up with bots.

Im not going to get into this, but i can assure you, you are dead wrong.

5 Likes

The main reason I see people multi-boxing is to facilitate leveling their own characters and adding some players to solo games to boost drop rates. Nothing against the rules with either of those activities. Sounds more like jealousy because some folks either don’t have the hardware or the knowledge to multi-box…just saying.

6 Likes
  1. give them time and users and/or developers of sandboxie will figure it out. [If not, wait a coupla weeks, the hackers/botters that blizz fails to address will figure it out, then we can all cheat]

2. it must be all fun and games as a programmer or else their wouldnt be issues of drinking and working and chasing/harrassing the secretaries. LMAO!!! So your point of how hard it is is a FAIL!

The server wouldn’t be so strained if it weren’t 20+ years old. All that money spent partying and chasing secretaries over the years could’ve been used to update the damn servers.

3 Likes

Blizz themselves have stated numerous times, that while not supported, sandboxie is allowed.

1 Like

Absolutely, but, this does not change facts. Also, its not as simple as just ‘upgrading’ the servers. They are literally using deprecated code, as well as hardware. Just a big bucket full of botched.

1 Like

I am sorry you spent that on 2 of them lol.
You have to put the install of each one in separate folders. Keep the launch icons in those separate folders too. It will ask if you want the offered file path and folder, just change the destination folder of one. Run them both in windowed.

YOU are a liar. Post the exert from the TOS that says what you claim.
Go suck on a tail pipe. He paid for them.

3 Likes

We were told it was going to be on new servers. So what you claim should not be, and you have no proof of that. Old servers divided USA in to 2 regions. East and West, and then asia and europe. So the FACT all 3 are on the same server AND there is no east/west now suggests it IS some kind of newer server, but they cut corners and we get the effects of that.