Runewords aren't working? Ps4

I tried to create the priestess runeword for my amazon on a 2 socketed trident. And it just added the effects of the ruins to it. Are runewords not working yet?

Only reference i can find is this runeword is for a mod. New runewords are not active. if im correct they wont be until the ladder starts, so not available off-ladder until the first season is over. Even then im pretty sure they can only be made on ladder characters.

Rune Words keep the original properties of the socketed item. They do not work on socketed unique, magic, or rare items even if they have the required number of sockets, meaning players can only make Rune Words from items which have black-colored names. When runes are not inserted into an item properly (in correct order), the item will only gain bonuses from the inserted individual runes.

A wiki link.

I used the correct order on a black colored trident. 2 sockets called for a sol and thul. Got the ruin info off of wiki. Hesitant to try words now

Here you go. Knowledge!

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Rune

1 Like

I haven’t failed a single one, I have fortitude, duress, smoke, 2 sanctuary shields, easy

1 Like

Are you sure the particular base weapon will allow the runeword, there are videos on YouTube that show exactly what items should look like, also some websites that will tell you exactly what runes/weapons are compatible.

This website is real good at showing what runes are capable with what weapons, even a cool interface that helps you keep track of possible runewords.

www.purediablo. com/diablo-2/runeword-calculator

1 Like

Hyper text that thang!

:mage:

Ta-Dah!!!

Priestess isn’t an official runeword. From what I remember it was a runeword that existed in a mod for the original game on PC. Since it wasn’t official content it did not get integrated into D2R.

I’m not sure what type of phone you have, but I recommend checking your app store for something called Tome of D2. It’s got a ton of information and it’s updated quite frequently to ensure its accuracy.

And there are no phony runewords present on that app, so you can rest assured something like this won’t happen again.

2 Likes

POWER OVERWHELMING!!

Google.

Apple.

:mage:
Snap, Crackle, and Pop!

1 Like

these runewords like priestess duchess matron are made for a unspecified third party mod not from diablo 2 Lod bnet server.

Solid info on the d2 app! Didn’t know that was available, so thank you kind sir! Lol S&S13

1 Like