Runeword Grief question

so I’m making one for ubers smitedin, but is there much of a difference to make it with crystal sword or phase blade? Or it really doesn’t matter that much?

thanks!

Best is to use a phase blade as they’re indestructible.

I don’t know much about smitedins, but phase blades have a naturally faster attack speed than crystal swords (0 vs -30). Even if it doesn’t matter much for this build, if you use that grief on another build, you’re going to wish you held out for a phase blade.

1 Like

I know this thread is about Smitedins, but please tell me Grief is a game changer for Zealots. I’m trying to make this happen for mine and am feeling the gravity of trying to get Lo right now and just hoping that all this trouble is worth it.

1 Like

Depends what weapon you have now, but it will almost certainly be an upgrade.

The damage is good but it is still not comparable in clear speeds vs magic/ele.
the other real reason grief is used is the +3xx or 400 raw damage it adds to smite.
but u don’t need this as crushing blow does most of the work for you vs ubers.

Right now with fanaticism and zeal on my smiter, it does around 1.2 or 1.4k (sac and zeal not maxed) if u include deadly strike maybe 2.2k sometimes, but the attack rating is pretty low even with ignore def, and fanaticism - like 4k+ ar.

lets say u have a perfect pb grief, your damage is gonna be like 435 or something similar.

usually fanaticiscm and synergy will give like 400+% so now your at 1600 with the stuff combined.

If u have a fortitude (300% off damage), then its like 435 x 3 then 1200 x 400 which is like 5k damage (i rounded way off so fyi)

so as u can see the combo is GG, but if you have only 1 Lo make grief, since it alone will give you the most damage.

Not a lot will beat a grief, it is a game change if ur a zeal but dont expect miracles. if your level/attack rating is low your still gonna miss alot. (it has ignore def but that doesnt work on champs, uni, boss, ubers, etc - only the reduce enemy def one will work)
try to stack cb and deadly if u can - will help alot also.

Make it in a phase blade.

Grief is good in any roll you get, ofc higher the better. It’s a broken runeword, and cheap considering it only require a Lo. If you can’t get a grief, lightsabre is pretty decent too.

Lo itself isn’t exactly cheap at all lmao

It’s easy to obtain. Simply trade or cube up. If you don’t have a Lo rune by now, you haven’t played much or extremely unlucky. Runes that are expensive is Ber and Jah. All the puls, mals, fals, and ists add up dude. You can trade those (if you have the right amount) for a Lo.

Do cows, and ancient tunnels on a sorc/Javazon.