Runeword change suggestions 0815

I keep it simple without a lot of talkabout: i would like these changes on the new runewords:

Ground:

• 1 - 2 lightning skills
  • +20% Faster Hit Recovery → 20 % faster block rate
  • +75-100% Enhanced Defense → 10% higher block chance
  • +10 to Vitality → change to 20 - 30 energy
  • Increase Maximum Mana 5 %
  • Lightning Resist +40-60%
  • Lightning Absorb +10-15%

Hearth:

• -80% cold lenght duration
  • +20% Faster Hit Recovery
  • +75-100% Enhanced Defense → 20% chance to cast chilling/freezing/shiver armor (so they rotate)
  • +10 to Vitality → +10 Dexterity
  • Increase Maximum Life 5%
  • Cold Resist +40-60%
  • Cold Absorb +10-15% → lvl 1 cold mastery passive oskill

Cure:

• Reduce stacked psn damage over time time to 4 - 8 seconds
  • +20% Faster Hit Recovery → 10% to cure a curse on hit
  • +75-100% Enhanced Defense
  • +10 to Vitality
  • Poison Resist +40-60%
  • Poison Length Reduced by 75%

Temper:

• lvl 1 enchant 10/10 charges
  • +20% Faster Hit Recovery → 10% frw
  • 10 % ctc lvl 10 blaze on striking
  • lvl 1 holy fire aura (purely for style xD)
  • +75-100% Enhanced Defense
  • +10 to Vitality → 100 - 200 fire damage
  • Fire Resist +40-60%
  • Fire Absorb +10-15%

Hustle armor:

• lvl 1 teleport oskill
  • 15% chance to cast lvl 1 teleport when struck
  • +50% Faster Run/Walk
  • +20% Increased Attack Speed
  • +20% Faster Hit Recovery
  • +10 to Dexterity
  • 50% Slower Stamina Drain

Metamorphosis:

• Mark of the Wolf:
    • +20% Bonus to Attack Rating
    • Increase Maximum Life 40% → +x - xx life on hit

Mosaic:

• +25% chance for finishing moves to not consume charges * Finishers dont consume charges
  • +2 to Martial Arts (Assassin only) → lvl 1 - 3 fire OR cold OR lightning mastery
  • -8 to -13 enemy (light & fire) OR (cold & poison) resistances
  • +20% Increased Attack Speed
  • +200-250% Enhanced Damage
  • +20% Bonus to Attack Rating
  • Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
  • Prevent Monster Heal

I know that some runeword affixes come from the rune itsel but its easy to give a runeword e.g. -20 fhr in order to neglect the innate +20 fhr from a rune.

Sincerely

Think some of the suggestions are interesting, however also see more changes towards makeing casters better and using 0skills which I really dislike as they contributed a lot to making this game far to easy.

Like the idea of a helm increasing block, however beyond that it’s turning the item into a caster helm and I think melee needs a lot more attention than casters.
Beyond that this would immensely increase the power of early Lightning Sorc, Trapper, Javazon and Tesladin, none of the runes are hard to find, in fact you would always fetch this before leaving act 1 NM and it would help early Sunder Lightning build to much.

Giving another class Cold Mastery is basically a no from me in any situation, especially combined with Sunder Cold Mastery is broken, now it’s true the Sorc is most effective in Cold damage even ignoring Cold Mastery, but that skill is broken and not a good way to enhance or fix other cold builds.

Interesting concept of curse healing, not sure whether it is an option though, not a programmer but don’t think anything similar would be in the code and might be a lot of work for one gimmick.

Think this one is interesting, though the Enchant would be better if just chance on hit and maybe a few levels more.
This would be annoying to the Sorceress ofcourse, but she has many option so should be content with Flickering Flame anyway.

oskill teleport, already one of those horrible things in the game, no thanks.

With Feral Rage already being in the game not so sure this is not a nerf to the Mark of the Wolf.

Think this needs more work than slapping on some masteries and still think it should start with fixing the Martial Arts themselves, not using an item to fix them, that’s D3 creativity which ends with always needing a specific item to make builds work (and not just niche builds, but whole parts of a class), which is a boring playstyle imo

Don’t mind having rune bonus removed from a runeword.

1 Like