Runes Tailored to Bot farming/pickit users

rune drops are not affected by mf. i think you didnt know, else you wouldnt mention your mf in this topic.

That’s RNG at its best.

I play much less than you do (and also only SP in bnet) and I’ve self-found 1x Jah, 1x Sur, 2x Lo, 2x Gul, 1x Ist, 3x Mal and some more Lems, Puls, Lums…

However, then again although I’m running a blizz sorc with around 350 MF I barely found any useful uniques within 3 weeks of playing D2R.

Keep in mind that this is D2(R) not D3.

Problem is calculation of the base item, MF works fine, uniques drop all the time, they are just all normal stuff for lvl 20 chars… And that’s not affected by MF, also rune drops are not affected by MF.

What imho should be done is reduce the chance of falling down one TC in drop calculation.

1 Like

Thats not true, i found ber jah and ohm myself, alone in a game.

2 Likes

Totally agree! I’ve been farming solo most time and with friends 3-4 other moments! Are visible how much players in party change drops! But when you are playing in 7-man groups as a character that uses skill far from mobs you will never get anything! Folks in mobs just pick up all that drops! In friends it’s okay, cause we share drops according to wich class everyone was!

At all is okay, but for single player it’s a little frustating, killing Baal on Hell, passing through a lot of Immunities to get 4-6 comom magic itens? Ok, it’s okay, we should do another and another time for good drops… But when comes an unique or sets it’s lvl 3, lvl 9 ones… Okay, I’m level 90… seriously? It’s trash from trash… After 10-20 runs you will get some items and the drops after all was okay, only base level of items that’s a shame! I would prefer kill Baal on Nightmare and drop some kind of sh**t… LOL

1 Like

Simplified explanation of the drop system and why it’s drops so much crap:

I’m not unhappy with drop rates, just with base item that drops… almost all are totally useless… just trash that you will sell on merchant in game! So adjusting item level that drops according to wish mobs you are killing with a bit more precision should be awesome! Stop droping Isenhart from Baal on HELL! OMG… LOL :rofl:

4 Likes

Hi ! First of all, I totally agree with OP. Loot rate, and loots in general need adjusment. I mean, who can REALLY says that not looting a Lo rune for 4 months is fun ? No one, be honest.

Secondly, the real problem I have is this one : RNG need to tweaked a bit. Look at some streamers (LlamaSC2 for exemple), have you seen his stash ? It’s insane. But now, most players playing this much are really far from having even a Grief, an Enigma, or whatever end game stuff. My point is, if you’re playing 10 hours a day, in 3 weeks, YOU SHOULD have an end game runeword. Some may have two or three, but you’ll get at least one.

2 Likes

I think runes should be rare as it is now, but the base item should’ve improvements to drop items near the mob level that you are killing! So you will be able to farm more tradable item and get an HR to end game runeword that you need. It’s a way simple to me to see it. As you can get very good items that made you farm better and probably incrase your chance to get a HR.

You are playing D2R already since 4 months? Or do you refer to D2LOD?
Also keep in mind that Llama often showcases his offline characters while streaming because you can import your old D2LOD characters in D2R.

Also don’t forget that there is a thing called trading in D2R @bnet…

1 650 mf and 300 mf is basically the same. There is no reason to have that mf that high.
2 hell allows for all items to be dropped.
3 runes are not affected by mf, if you want to rune farm you should be doing 0 mf on hell at cows or river+
4 certain items are more common from certain bosses example, soj from andariel nightmare, you seem to not understand how the game loot works. There is a reason why people run 10k pindle runs and not 10k hell meph runs.

Yeah I got the Tal ammy from the norm cow king like a boss with like 0 MF. You just want stuff too much if you’re not looking or expecting the DRNG knows and gives you stuff. The game is witchy that way.

Rune drops are not tailored towards botting. They’re tailored towards being extremely rare and unlikely to drop for the majority of people. You’re supposed to just accept this and move on with your life. You don’t need high end gear to clear this very easy and simple game. This is working as intended.

This game was made during a time before this excessive thought about “End game” You’re supposed to kill Baal a few times in hell mode and move on with your life. At some point of course, especially in this modern era, everyone’s screaming about END GAME! END GAME! Blizzard I DESERVE this rune because I sunk hundreds of hours of my life into this game to fill the big deep dark void that is modern life in the 21st century. Blizzard please validate my life and existence because my mommy, job, wife, kids or whatever the hell else I have going or not going on in my life isn’t! PLEASE BLIZZARD!! THE EXISTENTIAL DREAD IS KICKING IN AND I NEED THAT RUNE!!! !!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

1 Like

For runes you need to clear high mob density areas in 2-3 minutes. Then you will get highrunes by playing 10hours a day. If it takes 5-10 minutes for CS alone or so, then expect to barely see any highrune dropping.

Droprates aren’t that bad… well maybe for nice bases.

For the first time ever in 20 years of casual play I dropped the string of ears sash was very excited nothing wrong with drop rates

yeah i have played private servers with 8player loot enabled at all times and high runes are still rare, i always thought HR drop rates were stupid. Look at the diablo clone anni event, still tailored to dupers. Modernize the game a bit so maybe if some1 farms hard for a few days they might find a hr and make it so people can actually see the dclone once in a awhile.

2 Likes

youd have more of a point pre 1.13 but its good now.

having good returns casually solo farming chaos sanct.

its not diablo3, you wont get something every single run. that’s what makes it interesting when you do get something!

Maybe you farm wong? I also have a lot of played time the last weeks maybe 5-8h day 5d/w i have found 1 gul, 1 cham, 2 ber, 1 jah 3 sur, no um , no ist, no vex, 4 tals amu, 3 tals armor all in hell @ elite packs or superuniques, most runes at randoms. (Lightning) sorc kills fast, maybe thats the fact? But trust me. The game gets a little bit boring if your char is perfect equpped. So dont worry about. We play just a few weeks…

And i have said this before , and i will say it again.

The problem is NOT drop rates. The problem is you and others believing you are entitled to these drops.

At no point EVER do you need these drops to beat this game on all difficulties on all settings.

Why is D2 probably one of , if not the most replayed games of ever? Well for a lot of people that didn’t resort to bs and cheating 3rd party etc… Yea There’s a life time to be found within. For many others, there’s even more reasons.

Enough said,.

You can’t find all sets in Nightmare. The qLv for sets are set to nightmare, but the iLv of some peices, like sacared armor and laqoured plate can not drop in nightmare, or even most areas in hell.

2 Likes