Runes Tailored to Bot farming/pickit users

So I wanna start of Just saying I play D2R everyday, 10 or More hours a Day Daily.
Due too all the Ninja Looters OR controller players/Pickit I Choose to farm in a Single player game or with a friend.
The issue I have is as Much time as I’ve put into Farming @ 512mf character Over 650mf with merc. the Highest rune drop I’ve gotten is a Vex From a Chest next to Meph and 3 gul runes randomly from mobs. I Already Know runes Don’t Count MF But Maybe they Should, Because Finding Trash Loot over and Over in Hell isn’t Fun farming… I.e Sigon or Cathans ect. which does Count MF it’s Not Just rune Drops that’s WACK But Sigons Or Cathans ect dropping in HELL = Unrewarding.

The rune drop rates are way too tailored for Botting, I’d Like to See VV/Blizzard adjust rune drop rates to Reflect real Life Players Playing & Not bots Botting.
Not saying top end runes should drop all the time, But it would Be nice to see a Single Player game have Better Odds Of dropping the same kinda runes as in a 8 player game but less frequently.
Because at this Point farming Meph baal & Diablo over and Over all I get is Crap Normal gear in End game Difficulty Level Hell.
So maybe Something can Be done here so that Hell drops Less Normal Gear and NM drops More exceptional gear and Hell is dropping elite.
I found 2 Tal rasha Amulets 1 In Normal 1 in NM WHY the heck Can I not find a Tals amy in HELL? >.< Why is the game dropping Normal gear at max difficulty Over and over and over(With so Much MF). I feel this goes hand in hand with runes Hells dropping tir/el/eld/sol/amn/ral/tal these are things most of us farmed in Normal or NM difficulty. point being too many Normal trash items dropping in End game content. there should Be some kind of Limiting factor for the items that drop in the Most difficult setting. (That excludes a lot of Normal quality gear)
it’s Not very fun/rewarding to see Normal versions or items drop over and Over.
Let alone the Normal version of runes when farming hours on end.

8 Likes

I don’t know that it’s so much tuned for botting as it’s tuned for not everyone to have. It’s a very rare thing. I think it’s cool that there are things in the game that I might not get even after months of farming. The moment I do, it’s exhilarating. I’m tired of games where everyone gets the perfect end game gear after a week. It’s just so boring.

The moment you get everything you’re after in this game, you lose interest in booting it up. The thrill is entirely in the hunt.

That said, I do think Blizzard should add their own trading website with their own currency that gets reset every ladder. A bit like jsp, but ethical. That way, people will get rewarded even after finding non gg items, and can build up their currency every day, even just a little. Helps the stagnation of droughts.

21 Likes

Fyi mf does not affect rune drops.

16 Likes

Correct me if i am wrong, but isnt it a primary feature of the game that you have to farm a damn long time to get what you want?

Isnt that supposed to be the endgame, since there is really no other content than the campaign and 3 difficulties?

Isnt that also the reason why it takes so long to reach lvl 99?

14 Likes

Yes, this is exactly the problem what must be fixed. There can be done some change to fix drop on hell with less chance to drop normal level of items or even no chance to drop low level items.
And at least tweak a boss drop. At least the Diablo and Baal.
The worst thing is to clear whole chaos sanctuary and get Sigon Armor from hell Diablo.
I have to say that i got at least 20 sigon sets and billion garbage cathan rings. This is not normal.

2 Likes

Yes I Know Magic find doesn’t affect rune drops, But at the same time MF doesn’t seem to affect much for drops at all when I’m rolling Normal quality gear all the time In hell level difficulties but I’ve found tals amy in Normal and nightmare.

as for the Runes the No drop rate is simply so High If I’m Not in an 8 player game I don’t even have a Chance to get a Hr it’s Like Winning 500million dollars through the Lottery

I’m Not Recommending that things are so easy to get that everyone can gear in a week I AGREE that’s a Lame D3 lazy way. But for as Much time as I Put into the game, I Shouldn’t Be full clearing Chaos in Hell for sigons off Diablo. there needs to be some Limiting factors of some sort for the Level of difficulty for the game. Normal drops normal NOT a Tal rasha Amulet while hell drops Normal gear I.e. sigons. If you guys don’t see the issue I’m speaking on here I don’t know Much more to say I Put in More then 70 hours a week playing diablo 2. the No drop rates in Hell are to High in single player! I know things are rare and I appreciate that But this is something else imo.

2 Likes

But it’s working as intended as the main player base thoroughly enjoys this dynamic. It’s not a problem at all. Perhaps the game just isn’t for you.

3 Likes

Well I know exactly what you’re referring to. I’m just saying it’s a good thing, not a problem. Extreme rarity is a cornerstone of d2. Without it, I would likely not play much. My next upgrades are the last ones I’ll need. If I already had them, I’d be done. No thank you.

4 Likes

Dropping a Tal rasha Amulet in “Normal” isn’t a Good thing Rune No drops rates so High that you can’t even find a gul/vex in single player games like ever.
Talrasha is an End game Set Why is gear like that dropping in Normal but not hell.
there’s an Issue when Sigons drops in Hell chaos runs. there’s no Limiting factor on Low quality gear that Shouldn’t drop.

I have found 2 Lo and a gul in the last 2 days and I play around 3 hours a day, with no people in-game. It’s just luck.

And it’s hard to believe that a Tal ammy dropped in normal, as far as I know they only drop in hell and only on high level monsters. If Tal ammy’s were dropping in normal, they wouldn’t be selling them at $100.

1 Like

Well Tal’s amulet is pretty unique in that it’s an end game item with an ilvl of 26. This isn’t a normal thing for every item. It’s pretty unique to the tal ammy.

I’m for more stash tabs.
I’m for stackable gems and runes.

D2’s itemization and the abundance of items that are GENUINELY HARD to find is one of the main reasons I endure its lack of modern quality of life features.

The fact that you can play “10 hours a day…daily” and still complain about drop rates just reminds me of why I love this game so much.

1 Like

Have you checked out any of the streamers/youtubers who actually farmed high runes at the launch of the game?

For example Futureal got his enigma/CTA/HOTO in less than 50 hours of LK runs with a druid(ie without teleport).

If you’re actually playing over 10 hours a day on single player, it should not take too long get your runes.

I mean… let’s be honest. Single player is a cake walk. You just /players 6 on lk chests and you have gg runeword gear very quickly. I mean, it’s the same map every time. I always assume people are talking about online – which I consider the real game.

1 Like

He said he’s on singleplayer.

or with a friend. Which means he meant private games, online.

I found Ber farming Hell Trav alone.

Also found a lot of good uniques and set pieces with no MF.

Found Puls and Ums too.

I really don’t see anything wrong with the game either. A lot of people seem to feel really entitled to their trophy they didn’t work to get.

I already see your problem without even continuing onto the 2nd paragraph.
Lets start by saying I’m a streamer and I play the same amount as you currently. Everything I’ve found is verifiable by my viewers.
That being said, I’ve found 2 Jah’s 2 Ber’s, 2 Ohm’s, about 15 Um runes, roughly 15 Lem runes, about 30 Pul runes, a Lo rune, and like 50 Lum/Ko runes…and this is just my share that I’ve personally picked up, out of my always-full 8 man games.

Your problem is you’re playing a numbers game, by hunting bosses. That is completely the wrong way to hunt for runes. Uniques, yes. Runes, no. I know this because you have shown your frustration by identifying you were near Mephisto.
5+ man cow games will get you runes. NO other way is anywhere remotely as efficient. Not by a longshot.
Also, to answer your question about tals stuff, this is simply you not understanding the game. That’s okay, but now take a minute to learn for your advantage. ALL top tier set items are ACTUALLY of NIGHTMARE quality, not hell quality. Every piece of every set is findable in NM. Full sets actually do extremely horrible damage in hell, regardless of the set (tals included). This should have kind of given this away. You’re searching in the wrong difficulty. Is it possible? Yes. Is it more likely you end up finding something else? Yep.

There’s nothing wrong with rune drop rates. You are just farming the wrong place, and if you try to solo it, you’ll NEVER find any. Any game you’re in where there’s less than 5 total players, there’s a chance for mobs to drop NO loot. With 5 players or more, this chance reduces to 0. Every mob will always drop something…and the more somethings that drop, the more likely it is something you’re looking for.

5 Likes

Meh, just give us /players 8.
Not everyone here is a streamer and cannot gather a group even of 5 friends. :smiley:

10 Likes

I’am not juding you, but the problem maybe there? Don’t take the game so serious, its a slot machine packed in nicely decorated graphics. Take a step back and chill out. It is what it is. D2 has extremly rare items and runes. I never found any rune higher than gul, ever. Who cares? The game is tailored in a way that those items are an icing on the cake and not a necisity to beat any content.

1 Like