River of Flame Performance

The game runs perfect everywhere except River of Flame. Performance drops so much I have to disable the overlay to play through the area.

Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB
GeForce GTX 980 Ti

3 Likes

I would like an answer to this as well. What is causing the River of Flame performance issue (from the beginning of time) and are there any plans to fix it?

1 Like

Having the same issue. Massive framerate drop. The more lava is on the screen the less fps. The important thing on my side is that it doesn’t happen every time but changes when switching between locations. I made some benchmarks going from one waypoint location to another on two sets of graphic settings that show this issue.

Another thing is that also on locations other than River of Flame the framerate can also be different but the different is less significant.

2560x1440, all Lowest/Off:

Pandemonium Fortress - 55 fps
River of Flame - 69 fps
City of the Damned - 48 fps
River of Flame - 3 fps
Travincal - 27 fps
River of Flame - 3 fps
Durance of Hate level 2 - 48 fps
River of Flame - 4 fps
Spider Forest - 30 fps
River of Flame - 60 fps
Travincal - 36 fps
Spider Forest - 30 fps
Kurast Docks - 24 fps
River of Flame - 4 fps
Catacombs level 2 - 50 fps
River of Flame - 60 fps
Sewers level 2 - 53 fps
River of Flame - 60 fps
Canyon of the Magi - 40 fps
River of Flame - 60 fps
Stony Field - 47 fps
River of Flame - 3 fps
Sewers level 2 - 53 fps
River of Flame - 60 fps

2560x1440 all Max/Ultra:
Pandemonium Fortress - 8 fps
River of Flame - 27 fps
City of the Damned - 5 fps
River of Flame - 3 fps
Travincal - 2 fps
River of Flame - 3 fps
Durance of Hate level 2 - 5 fps
River of Flame - 3 fps
Spider Forest - 2 fps
River of Flame - 22 fps
Travincal - 1 fps
Spider Forest - 1 fps
Kurast Docks - 2 fps
River of Flame - 3 fps
Catacombs level 2 - 12 fps
River of Flame - 6 fps
Sewers level 2 - 23 fps
River of Flame - 3 fps

My setup:
Lenovo W541, Intel i7-4710MQ, 32 GB RAM, external GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB, SSD drive, Windows 10 Pro version 1809.

I have this issue to, i have not the fastet Grafics Card GTX 980.
Ive capped it on 60 FPS to relieve my Card and it works fine in all zones except flame river.
2560x1440
resolution scaling, 50
texture, middle
antisoptric, 4x
occlusion, chardetail, envoirement, transparency,all high
shaddows, middle
AA, off
VFX low

Same here. GTX980, medium graphics runs on 60 fps most of the time.

River of Flames, with even lowest settings runs at 30 fps. This needs to be looked at, it makes the game unplayable. Especially on HC.

chalk me up for having this issue as well. I average 150fps everywhere else. It doesnt always happen and seems to only happen the more lava is on the screen. I had this issue about a week ago and it stopped. now its happening again. Thing is after the last time this happened we herd of bannings for 3rd party apps. Could this be due to some sort of sweep?