Riftsin - My take

To the OG creator of the “Riftsin,” I have but two words: THANK YOU. The Riftsin build has been so much fun, and it reminds me that you don’t have to have breakneck clear speeds to enjoy the game. I’m running a somewhat budget build but it’s been nothing short of a treat. :slight_smile:

Since I’m bored, I might as well just throw the build I’m using out there…

My gear:

(Helm) Guillaume’s Face - Don’t have Nightwing and this simply shifts us to a more physical build

(Amulet) Metalgrid - until I find a Mara’s. This thing converts to like 3000 AR.

(Ring 1) Raven Frost - Cannot be Frozen. Great, relevant stats. Easy include.

(Ring 2) Carrion Wind - easily switched to something else but the twister proc is fun

(Armor) Smoke - NefLum; practically free, +50 resist all, I don’t have a Ber for Enigma. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Belt) Verdungo’s - Awful roll, could be replaced by String of Ears if you haven’t found one

(Gloves) Dracul’s Grasp - Fantastic healing proc, can use Laying on Hands, too, or rare +2MA / 20%IAS as well

(Boots) Gore Riders Upgraded - The upgrade is necessary since this is a kicker.

(Weapon) Rift - The Gul rune is the only truly high-value item on this list that is really necessary. You can put this in a War Scepter, but I don’t. Blade Shield damage, negligible as it may be, is partly based on this. I use a Caduceus, since I’ve got tons of strength for…

(Shield) Stormshield - Socketed with P. Diamond, but if you want to minmax, Um that bad boy. Sanctuary Troll’s Nest isn’t a bad alternative, but 30% damage reduction on Stormie feels almost broken.

Alternative Weapons: NONE! This is a RIFTsin…but if that name isn’t important to you, these two are popuar choices!

Crescent Moon (Runeword) Phase Blade for very fast attacks, Static procs, and some added Chain Lightning damage

Stormlash Unique Scourge for Tornado and Static Field procs

THE BUILD

Martial Arts:
Dragon Talon - Max
Dragon Flight - +1
(One to the two synergies)

Shadow Disciplines:
Shadow Master - Max
Venom - +1
(One to all synergies)

Traps:
Fire Blast - +6 (hard points, not +skills) - this adds two shots to each of your Death Sentries.
Death Sentry - Max
Lightning Sentry - Max (see below)
Blade Shield - +1
(One to all synergies)

This ends up playing like a trapsin mostly, but getting in there with rapid-fire kicks, slinging frozen orbs everywhere (and Hellfire if you have a torch) makes this a fun, flashy build! The clear speed isn’t top-tier like a Blizzard Sorceress, but it’s not about that for me. It’s about enjoying the class and not feeling like I’m grinding.

Explanations of skill choices:

Dragon Flight - Insta-clump you, your mercenary, and your Shadow Warrior for maximum targeting goodness! If you have Enigma already, I hate you, and you don’t need this ability. Stick these three points into Fire Blast.

Venom - +skills just add a little extra damage, and every little bit helps. The first mob dying is the catalyst for the explosive AoE with your Death Sentry.

Lightning Sentry - I might swap this out since I don’t really care as much about sentry lightning damage as I do the Corpse Explosion on Death Sentry. When I next respec, I’ll drop this down a bit and put a few extra into Fire Blast and Venom for sure.

Blade Shield - Confirmed, it procs your Frozen Orbs! The main downside is the short duration, so you have to kinda babysit this ability a bit much for my taste. More +skills would help that, and that’s part of why I want Mara’s and Nightwing’s Veil so bad. I even considered using Shako, but the Crushing Blow is just too strong on G-Face.

I’ve ranted enough. If you build it, I hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

And my take (not even remotely budget):

1 Like

holy cow, almost quit d2r with my boring sorc and my friend got 2 jah in less than 1 day and ber the next day when he started just 3 months ago while I started during pre-order test :rofl:

Anyway this build bring my game back to life, it is amazing. Not as fast as sorc but x100% fun. I dont even have a rift yet because I cannot find the base but I am using the voice of reason temporarily. I tried crescent moon but I didnt like it that much. I also dont have nightwing and im using cats eye because I have nothing better.

I am just a bit confused of which to follow between this and debrunsky, they are very simillar except for the trap part. I used to play trapsin and just wanted to take the corpse explosion part.

kudos to your guide bro, pretty awesome!