Repairs and Bankruptcy

… simply put: I’m burning through my cash, faster then a Frenzy Barb!
Can you guys relate, or am I doing something wrong?

If you are using “Superior” items for rune words, repairs can be incredibly expensive. Using superior items are not worth it IMHO.

This is why people like phase blades, especially for Grief.

Alternatively, you can use cube recipes to repair items if that helps:

1 Ort Rune + 1 Chipped Gem (any kind) + Weapon = Fully Repaired and Recharged Weapon
You cannot repair ethereal weapons.

1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and Recharged Armor
You cannot repair ethereal armor. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor

3 Likes

Thanks mate, I’ll make good use of your advise. I didn’t know that.
Do you you by any chance, how I can get my Horadric Cube back? I logged in this morning and it was mussing from my inventory!..
I have no words

1 Like

Glad to help. Go back to the Halls of the Dead in ActII where you got the cube. Another will pop out of the chest there.

1 Like

I only use indestructable items.

1 Like

Also use the personal stash for the cube

Your stash your personal bank to store items plus wirts leg also important after beating the game!

1 Like

I’m a frenzy barb burning through almost zero cash. Phase blades do wonders. Farm trav and be a rich boi like the rest of us.

1 Like

Yeah I kinda forgot about that in my first run… now I’m in Nightmare, do I get it again in tristram?.. and how do I use it? It’s been almost 20yrs :grin:

1 Like

Very easy go back in to tristram go past where you killed Griswold head upper left town should northwest side wirt should be if not just add me as friend I can show where’s it I understand after 20 I’m shocked myself playing 10 years I still know where it is.

1 Like

What’s with the phase swords? No need for repairs?

Phase blades do not have durability and are all natively indestructible. That plus being very fast, is why they are great for some RW that don’t care about base damage, such as Grief.

2 Likes

Also just spend some time picking up stuff and selling it. any exceptional or elite armor usually yields 20-30k per. any white class items with +skills are similar. Sorc Orbs and nec wands take the least space, but I grab most that I find. Also any rare rings and ammys should be grabbed by default, but they fall into that category too.

And don’t sell those small charms with +gold on them, they can add up. just keep a bunch in your stash for gold farming. And yeah, sometimes it can help to just do gold runs. pick places that have high mob density and are easy for you to farm. Use Find item liberally.

its why you see phase blade for any sword based weapon or eth bezerker axe (if runeword makes weapon indestructable) you go through durability like butter and it adds up in costs if you dont use either of those.

If you have already completed the cube quest. Rather than going back to the halls, you can just go to trav and kill council. If the cube isn’t in your stash or inventory one of them will drop it for you. Much easier.

2 Likes

Nice one - didn’t even know that was a thing.

1 Like