Remove overhead buff/debuff limit of 1. Should stack instead of overwrite

Remove the “only 1 overhead buff/debuff”

Each type can be there at same time

• battle cry

• slow missile

• inner sight

• Curse

• shrine

This would greatly help what ever is not a curse, since curses are OP it’s basically the best choice, the go to if you can only have 1 debuff. But by allowing each type 1 instance, you remove that non-choice

This makes barb and act 5 merc not detrimental to use battle cry since it no longer overwrites the sweet amp or decrep

You can only have 1 curse at a time on you or enemy. But at skill lvl 25-30 the curse count as 0 debuff so you can apply an additional one. This gives purpose to investing in curse tree and gearing

Same benefit applies to shrines, you wouldn’t want to pick a staminanshrine while you have skill or xp shrine… but now it doesn’t matter since it doesn’t overwrite it

So recap:

You can at the same time have:

• 1 curse

• battle cry

• inner sight

• all the shrines

• slow missiles

• shadow cloak

4 Likes

Yes, this is very long overdue. Practically every mod already has this for a good reason.

1 Like

Yep… adding battle cry to act 5 merc was basically a nerf without changing this mechanic

Being only 1 removes the “choice” aspect of it

People just go for the best

Again… we don’t need any more player power buffs… Again… games already too easy.

If you want this fine. But let’s bring back Iron Maiden Curse in Act 4, and old Mana Burn.

1 Like

Instead of brining back bugs and broken mechanics why not just make the game harder if it’s “too easy”

Those changes aren’t meant to increase power… they are meant to improve the game mechanic wise

You get better mechanics and smarter ones and buff the endgame to be harder with mechanics like “Convergeance of evil”

Then increase the difficulty first.

Blizzard barely support this game at all. Any change made might be the last.

Personally I don’t even see it as a mechanics improvement. Saw this done on the private servers and didn’t care for the terrible looking overlapping icons above my head.

Sometimes simplicity is better. Much with how 5th Edition D&D removed most of the stacking bonuses/penalties and exchanged them for advantage/disadvantage.

What we should actually be looking at is “why does Warcry suck to begin with, and why are Curses so op.” If Warcry had a reason to exist, and Curses weren’t so OP then you’d have an actual CHOICE to make… instead of either “this is obviously better” or “stacking them is obviously better.”

Mechanics require choice to be good. Your change has no choice involved… it’s just “more is better goooo”

Suggestions like this tend to be “popular” because when you ask most people “do you want free X” the answer is “of course.” Not many people actually stop to think that the options of “A, B, or C” if offered on equal terms would be more interesting than “free X.”

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to properly reply to him as nearly all of us dont care to bother wasting our time to reply anymore. All great points. Blizzard is not going to waste their time and money on major skill changes, new acts, etc…99% of sekscalibure’s “ideas.” None of his major ideas from last year were implemented and they sure aint going to start now when d4 and immortal are using the majority of their money and seasoned developers. At this rate he will have thousands of threads by next year, all fallen on deaf ears…

I vote theres an idiot-mode where players have a 10% chance to randomly die and a 10% chance for their mana to go to 0 when they damage an enemy. This mode is specifically for the people crying about the manaburn bug fix and the iron maiden fix

I mean do you get confused when you see cliffs? Do you walk off and die?

You can see them coming in D2 as well.

Stop asking for the game to be easy, idiot-mode is needed. Why are you scared of dying? embrace it

You do a good job of imitating yourself. It’s unfortunate.

I’m glad you like your new mode.

Old mana burn was a bug.

I wish they would, but they won’t. That being said, the main thing that needs to be fixed is the mercenary walking away from you when you teleport to a spot. God that’s annoying.

This. 20 chars… …

War cry is a pretty decent skill

And why are you talking about it? It has nothing to do with the topic at hand…

We are talking about overhead debuff/buff and I listed them above

This has to be the worst thing i’ve read in a long time … So because we could stack more Debuff, we’ll bring back a 1 shot mechanic to the less played build already ! Enjoy your one shot melee build !

As for OP, i don’t agree with EVERY BUFF being able to stack together but some of them yes… Like battle cry should not stack with Decrepify, 60 % dmg reduce + 50 % would be way to much… Amplify with decrepify, thing like that, but buff that has other effect should be able to stack yes.

Edit: It also has to be from different caracters, Limit 1 per char so you cannot stack multiple yourself.

Well I specifically said 1 curse at a time lol

Also that’s not what battle cry does

It weakens the monster damage and lower their defence

It doesn’t increased damage

That why i said, 60 % Dmg (REDUCE), and Decrepify also reduce damage done by monster by 50 %, Both together would be way to strong.

Oh that’s what you meant, yeah right… sure it can be strong if it’s DaMAGE but I’m not sure if it’s just damage from attacks

In that case I wouldn’t mind, lots of mobs have spells that wouldn’t be affected