Remove DRM feature on Nintendo Switch for D2R

The Nintendo Switch version of D2R has the annoying DRM feature, the game needs to connect to the internet in order to play the Single-player mode. The D2R’s DRM feature should be removed completely for the Single-player mode on Nintendo Switch platform. Then it is easier for us to carry the portable console and play D2R during the trip without internet.

2 Likes

This is why I refunded this trash after 30 days, Nintendo gave me my money back in 15 mins, Live service games and games as a service are fraud. Any product sold as a good has to work no matter what whether I have Internet or not they can’t tell you after 30 days to connect to the Internet or you can’t play the good you purchased, which nowhere on the Nintendo page dose it sayInternet required, and yes you do own your games you have perpetual ownership of them, just get a refund. and don’t support any company that does this anti-consumer live service game crap, buy physical copies of games don’t buy digital copies. And when you do make sure the game doesn’t say Internet required or download required. Those are frauds.

1 Like

Bump, remove the 30day drm you frauds, and stop selling services as a good. Evin d4 for ps4/5 Xbox is a fraud, it’s a blank disk people are being suckered. Poor fools.

2 Likes

Bump. we want true single player without forced Internet requirements

1 Like

Totally agree with you, Blizzard can put the online authentication feature in the online session. For example, when the player click “online” option in the main menu and then the game start to connect to the server to authenticate the game. And the offline mode can be accessed without any DRM feature.

1 Like

Here to bump, keep up the fight against this fraud business practice. YouTube search. Games as a service is fraud the channel is called accursed farms. That hour long vid will explain everything about this fraud business practice and that the law needs to get involved.

Bump. Screw this fraudulent company games as a service and live service games is fraud

I’m here to bump this thread, delete this stupid DRM on Nintendo Switch!!!

No don’t remove drm add another layer I say force people to subscribe to Diablo 2+ as well.

If we can’t have a chat box online then you can’t play offline either.

Feel good?

Do you guys have a problem playing offline not connected to internet cause on my switch I play without Wi-Fi all the time just put airplane mode on and I’ve never had any issue.
Like last week I had to go to the ER and the hours I waited I just played d2 offline not on any internet connection.

If you leave your Nintendo switch in airplane/offline for more than 30 days, Diablo 2 resurrected “offline mode” will cease to function🤯 until you connect to the battel net servers to authenticate your product that was sold to you under a perpetual license not a subscription license🤦🏻‍♂️. that’s what we’re complaining about, I should be able to play the game in off-line mode without Ever having to connect to the Internet, But it’s too late for me, Got my refund long ago and They’ve done butchered this games mechanics and I heard someone say they remove the quote. “Same d2 you know and love preserved” If blizzard was smart, they would just release physical copies of 1.14D that are single player/local co-op like Nintendo switch to Nintendo switch, and for Microsoft and Sony they could do like we did back in the halo 2 days “ System link” and have no access to “online multiplayer”. But unfortunately, these companies have to resort to these anti-consumer practices to protect their intellectual property from the IP Criminals, Aka the modding Community.