Queues are NOT the answer

By creating a queue you are only dissuading your core audience to play. Those are the Diablo 2 fans who’ve been with this title for around 20 years. They are adults now, they have a busy timeschedule. By having queues in the morning and also when they get home, what difference does this make than the classic 50 Gb Playstation update meme when a father finally has time to play? Not only the core audience, NOONE thinks queues are a good idea.

Not only the queues but now it also takes longer between hosting. Do you even play your own game? Somethings take as little as 10-20 seconds before you reset and play again (Pindle farming for example). When you need to do thousands of runs before being remotely succesful having to wait an additional period of time between each kill is a real deal breaker.

My feedback is: Stop with your LAZY solutions and punishing the player base for your incompetence and start INVESTING into your own game. Increase server capacity and work on server stability that accomodates all the players who want to play.

199 Likes

Well said. I saw the solution today and I laughed so hard. Even if it is a temporary solution, but this is the best they came up with??? Really? I honestly thought Blizzard had some good programmers and creative thinkers…but this is so bad.
If they are bring back the classic game, they shouldve known that the expectation is somewhat high. Server issues, glitches, etc… I am speechless

11 Likes

Decard Cain told me “blizz no longer solves problems but they trying avoid them”.

13 Likes

Basically moving the issue to the consumer and avoiding cost, queue would be fine but since this game crashes around every hour this combination is the most frustrating thing they could have come up with.

42 Likes

They just do everything to discourage people to play instead of actually fixing the game.
When enough ppl leave the game for good, then problem with servers solved, forget about any additional content for this game, they will abbandon it, too much problems

14 Likes

Before root cause nailed down and have permanent solution, work arounds are acceptable. I personally don’t like the queue also, but seems it is the best (or only) workaround available so far based on their current condition. To buy them sometime for the final solution.

what irritating me is I got disconnected like every 10-30 min of playing and then face the queue :frowning:

Position in Queue: 16

Position in Queue: 9

Position in Queue: 6

Position in Queue: 2

Cannot connect to Server.

That’s what I’m talking about babe.

It’s just “Cannot connect to server.” with exxtra spicy steps.

28 Likes

I’m not your babe but this looks nice.
Servers will still going to crash i think.

Tell me you weren’t alive in the time you’re talking about without telling me you weren’t alive in the time you’re talking about.

Those who’ve actually been with this title for around 20 years know their queues. Those were always a thing during peak hours. Happens when you reduce ‘playing the game’ to the small corridor between the Harrogath spawn and Pindleskin.

There are ways to work around joining limitations, by the way.

2 Likes

Tell me you are frustrated with your own life without telling me you are frustrated with your life.

I was a teenager when the game came out, and have been playing the game on an on-and-off basis since then. This ain’t a trial and you don’t need to know a list of my personal information before deciding whether or not what I say has merit. Stick to what I am addressing instead of going after the player.

Also, I may remember wrong since it was 20 years ago, but I don’t recall them using queues until WoW classic, and if they did, it was at times where there were more than 2 people logged in.

Reduce playing the game? Pindle is a perfectly viable farming spot if you seek high end gear which is normally difficult for you to obtain. An example: Tal Rasha’s armor. The only thing you’ve proven is your entitled holier than thou attitude when it comes to playing a game.

There are other ways to work out your frustrations other than criticising people on a forum post, by the way

3 Likes

Дайте поиграть в дьяблу 2, пожалуйста. Ошибка при соединении с серверами.

1 Like

5:15 Central Time. 5th in Que.

Wonder what noon or 7pm is going to look like.

Completely unacceptable for a top tier gaming company.

8 Likes

I got on to play and found myself in a queue and had to wait 20 minutes for my turn to play. So I start to play, trying to forget my frustrations from the wait, and within a few minutes the game crashes just to find I had to wait it the queue AGAIN this time for 35 minutes. Whatever you guys have done, you need to undo because the playablity, for lack of a better term, was better before you tried to “fix things”. A fix isn’t a fix if you break something else in the process.

11 Likes

Had to restart client due to attempting to join a game and it was full. Can’t just start a new game or join another as once you get a full game notice…it won’t allow me to join or create any new ones. Sooo…now stuck at 93 in que. Idiotic.

2 Likes

Wtf this is what we got cause they charged us for the beta test who wants to pay to do a job that is a paid job. What next we pay you to let us make the game. the d2 community are mostly people with kids. And they want to play d2 when the kids go to school. But you can’t handle the stress of the servers then what was the point of the beta stress test beta.maybe you learned the community won’t pay to do a job for you and that maybe if you want to do a stress test make it free. We are not some children we are adults just trying to play.this got passed beta but was not ready to get pass beta I wouldnt trust those beta testers they sucked at the job that they paid you to do.

1 Like

Excellent post, I would like to add that due to the stability issues with online play where it crashes to desktop, now i have to contend with a que to get back into the game again. So I have a que to get in the game the first time, and now because of game instability a que to get back into the game…

4 Likes

I don’t know what queues you are talking about. I play on PS4, i don’t see any queues screen or menu or anything else. I get only notification that there is an issue occured while connecting…
Are these queues on PC?

Yes on PC its showing we are placed in a queue
ex: position 202.
and then we wait… so ridiculous

2 Likes

Yes, it seems it is just for PC

1 Like

So PC users at least have a hope to get in the game, while console users just get the error message that there is an issue while connecting

1 Like