Queue for Solo offline playing

Please, for the Burning Hells, remove the queue from game start and move it to lobby or whatever.

I’m a Solo offline single player. I’m having the best time of my life playing D2R. But it’s very infuriating when I open the game and there’s a something “You are in queue 177 position hit esc”. WTF?

I know this is an old D2 thing, LoD had its “Connecting to Battle.net” when opening the game, but that was fast and had no impact. I had easy and fast access to my solo playing characters.

D2R is opposite. First, there’s no way of ignoring all these queue and online BS. I can’t press a button to open only my solo offline playing characters. I’m forced to see the queue, press esc, confirm, and go to the character screen and see I’m in the Online play, and finally I can click into my Solo offline play. Way too many clicks: from one in D2 LoD to 3. It might not seen much, but many of you will understand. UX and less clicks matter a lot.

Online players, I feel your pain. I’m not saying Solo or Online are more important. I’m just saying that Online stuff taking place in Solo play is not right.

You can play solo offline? Why do you have to be online to play?

lod didn’t have connecting to bnet, you could jump right into single player iirc

Because my internet is always connected. Game checks the “logged in Bnet for 30 days thing” every time.

1 Like

solo online players is why there is a queue tho, for the most part. You can play offline and skip the queue by pressing escape. Yes, it’s stupid.

1 Like

Yes, but the game don’t give that option. I’m force to pass the whole process: connect to Bnet, open queue popup, press Esc, confirm, go to Online tab, click Offline tab. Would be awesome if I could skip this process and start my game in Offline tab already.

oh yeah i agree

the most ideal situation i think (but pretty sure its more trouble to implement) is being able to play offline while you wait in the queue if you choose to

so you could be playing and when the queue is up, it’ll ask you if you want to drop the single player instance and start on bnet

it could give you like 10 seconds to answer or so so if you are afk it doesn’t clog up the queues while it waits for your response

obviously this wouldn’t be by default for the single player players, but people could turn this option on

but you’d have to switch characters…
Going to play one character for 15 minutes then another when you’re done in queue?

why not just play single player, it’s the same exact game. just slightly higher MF online.

because bnet is better imo, and i know others feel the same way (when it’s working). trading, leveling runs, community, etc

i personally only play single player when the server is down so if it’s an optional toggle to turn on i don’t see the harm

i’d play 15 (although i’ve been waiting an hour on the weekends) minutes while waiting for queue. quest a bit with my sp summon necro then jump into my main stuff once the queue is over

I hear you about the community aspect. After all been playing the same mmo, on and off, since 1998. But at the same time I know there’s better options for diablo for that kind of thing.

for instance, there’s “jobs” or duties when you play an mmo for that length of time. you become a trusted pillar in the community and end up running the joint.

But in diablo… it’s like the online aspect was just tacked on for pvp reasons at the time to take advantage of the new deathmatch thing carried over from Warcraft 1. Always been rammed with cheaters, scammers, bots and farmers. I couldn’t compare those two kinds of communities. But I could tell you what kind works better in the long run