By NO means am I advocating for or against this change.
I would just like to try it
I would like to see how teleport feels with a 2 second cooldown
But
Every point into teleport reduces its cooldown by 0.1 seconds
Making it instant at 20
You could still easily end up with 20 points into it as a sorc from +skills
AS WELL AS have 20 points with enigma.
It would just take good gear before it was instant.
3 Likes
So you want to make it harder for the earlier parts, but dont touch it at all when you have very highend gear? (I assume you know that even without cooldown, it still has to do the animations as it currently does).
It would also force you to focuss on +all gear like a harle over a +2 Pala/20fcr circlet → generic uniq over cool rares
In my opinion the game has a fairly decent balance until your gear gets too strong. Your idea would target the better balanced part, while not touching the broken endgame part.
Kinda like they did with charged strike on amazon. By removing LFury as synergy, they reduced the charged strike playtrough dmg of a java by a lot, yet they increased the numbers by enough that it doesnt matter at all lategame.
2 Likes
So you want to reduce the effectiveness of teleport for everyone but sorceresses? Maybe you don’t understand the problem.
Anyone calling it a problem, doesnt understand.
3 Likes
Exactly
There isn’t a problem
Hence why I’d love to test out a new function without actually changing it just to see.
Adding a cool down to teleport would ruin it. But i do agree it needs a rebalance. I would suggest we balance it across difficilties. Not change how it works but valance it so thats its more of a tactical reposition than a hoverboarf.
On normal nothing changes. On nightmare we multiply the mana cost at all levels by 2x. So 48 mana at level 1 and 2 mana at level 20. On hell this goes up to 3x the base cost. So 72 at level 1 and 3 mana at 20.
This wouldnt be a hug del to the sirceress as she nomally has 15 to all skills. But it would leave your mana depleted if you abuse it with enigma
keep dreaming, tryhard masochist tw4ts, there´s always d3…
You dont need a PTR to test this though… Just teleport, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi teleport. Im guessing you last 3 teleports then realize how stupid the idea is LOL
1 Like
Why don’t you just go play D3? Nice game and TP is on CD for Wizards.
1 Like
Like I said I’m not actually advocating for this change so you can take the brown paper bag off your mouth and relax
I thought that would have been enough for people to not act like a bunch of nancies
Apparently not.
Sorry for causing you such tremendous anxiety, I won’t do it again #wedonttalkabouteleport
There’s already a cooldown on teleport, it’s just called/based on FCR. Teleport is fine.
1 Like
Several other ways:
Increase mana cost by a lot.
Make it like dragon flight or make dragon flight like teleport.
Make it like running, i.e., reducing defense to 0 while teleporting. Remove blocks, avoids etc. while teleporting. -May be a bad idea.
1 Like
Let’s not confuse people with what an actual cooldown is.
FcR increases the animation speed of casting
A cooldown is the actual wait time between full animations
It’s not the same thing at all
Regardless of our opinions on teleport we shouldn’t be spreading misinformation on what an actual cooldown is.