PTR suggestion on UBERS

Ok, you appear to be bitter about people challenging your opinion, but ok. There are no mechanics being changed with ubers, and the skill changes being implemented don’t have any special interactions with ubers specifically, so there’s no reason to think that they are somehow going to need the additional testing. To answer your hot tempered question about why people shouldn’t be able to spam run ubers in PTR; Ubers are end game content. The most important aspect of keeping people playing is keeping their interest in the end game content. Discovering new ways to approach that end game is 90% of the reason people keep playing. If the discovery portion of the end game is exhausted rapidly in the PTR, then the creativity is robbed from the base game. It should take time and effort to engage the end game in new ways, something that PTR has no right to take away. If you’re not grasping the importance of end game content, then you haven’t been paying attention to the games you play. Imagine if WoW allowed people to just jump to any boss fight in new raids in a PTR before release. There would be far less life in the raiding community in terms of discovering optimal team comps, builds, and strategies when approaching the new content because the optimal clear method would certainly have been discovered in the PRT due to the ability to rapidly test run the bosses. Allowing people to spam end game content in PTR is a ridiculous concept. I expect you will fire back with some blunt response, not acknowledging most of my points, but do try to think about it, would ya. Absolute freedom with end game content in PTR is not healthy for the game.

Could you point out what wasn’t chill? I only expressed my opinion.

Yeah but I don’t see running Ubers endlessly would be harmfull, on PTR. It would be only available on PTR, only during testing. There would be no benefit or downside, since you’ll still need the keys to farm, and the mini Ubers to run, before getting to Uber Tristram on live servers.

On the other hand, you should be requierd to run everything before going in to Uber Tristram, to better test every aspect of the game.

1 Like

Please see my response to Shawmech above for a response to this.

Edited my answer, but it won’t matter of you have enough keys, you could run Ubers more frequently on live. On the other hand, not letting endless Uber runs will not let, people geather a great deal of torches to sell, thru reading sites and what not.

1 Like

To speak to this part directly, I’m simply supporting the way things are currently with PTR. You’re the one insisting on a change, not me.

1 Like

I agree with Indian, just chill. We are having a civil conversation here.

We first need to establish common ground. What is PTR? A public test real that allows players to try out the upcoming changes before they go live and, in turn, leave Blizzard their feedback.

The op is suggesting streamlining a game mechanic that can already be done by farming keys. In the spirit of PTR testing, it is acceptable for certain game mechanics to be “expedited” such as giving us access to the runes we need to test out rune words or allowing us to copy our characters, so we don’t have to level them up from level 1. The purpose is to test things out. Some of us don’t have time to farm for a Cham or Zod rune, that’s not realistic.

Say they don’t want us to test out Ubers in this PTR, what is stopping those players from recreating the same conditions in a single player mode and testing it out there? You can already create the new rune words with mods in the current D2R single player.

Creativity is often time discovered through PTR testing. That is why you see many new videos showcasing “fun” builds during or after a PTR test was done.

Look if you want to be surprised and explore the added content on your own terms, that is cool. I have no issues with that. But this is a Public Test realm, people will find out everything there is to know about the game.

This is not WOW, if you want to use a more accurate example, use D3 PTR.

If I may make a suggestion, please use paragraphs. It makes your post easier to read.

1 Like

As suspected, you ignore most of my points and directed attention to things that aren’t relevant. You suggested that WoW can’t be used as an example because there are games that are more similar to D2. lol. Nice dodge. Rune farming has nothing to do with the conversation. Obviously they need to allow easy access to HRs because there are new rune words and builds that will involve them. You’re also suggesting that since people can just farm keys on live, that it’s somehow the same as being able to just pop into the portal on PTR. Running keys and organs for 1 uber Trist run takes about a hour minimum due to RNG. You could run uber Trist 60 times in that same period if you could just simply pop into the portal every time you make a game. PTR isn’t for people to optimize their end game, and aside from modding the game, there’s no way to just spam uber trist in single player. You can’t expect Blizz to allow people to openly abuse the end game just because a group of people are already bending their code anyway. Also, this is an internet forum, not a novel. If proper grammar and literary structure are important to you, then the internet isn’t for you. Lastly, you were the one who broke down the civilized nature of our conversation with “ohhh ok, now I understand, you get to decide what should be tested and when and how it should be tested, got it.” This is a feedback forum. If you insist on demeaning people and their opinion, then you certainly aren’t the one to establish order in the engagement with a comment like “I agree with Indian, just chill. We are having a civil conversation here.” You started a fire and then insisted that people shouldn’t start fires lol. Smooth. You’ve lost your right to a respectful, civilized conversation by removing the civilized nature yourself.

Looks like Blizzard provided all of us with infinite amounts of Keys for free so we can run as many Ubers as we want. Checkmate.

1 Like

Yup, if you use the first batch, you just delete that char (miscitems) and it creates a new version with the same inventory as the original.

1 Like

You still have to collect organs and rinse/repeat the character deletion process every time. It’s clear that Blizz didn’t intend for people to just abuse this, but here we are. Still far better than uber trist portal being open in every game.

I don’t mind spending 5 seconds to delete a character. Collecting organs is super easy and barely an inconvenience. You do know that people work together in PTR to expedite this process, right? Eight players dropping loot on the floor in a private game, and they all delete their characters and rejoin the same game to get more loot faster. And like in your previous argument, we do need the opportunity to test every aspect of organ collecting so that we as a community can maximize every aspect of this process.

I am reading some interesting strategies that are being discovered on PTR that are crazy good, but I won’t spoil is here. With limitless keys and character respec’s + gear manipulation this process is very convenient (As it should be). Let’s wait for the ladder to start and use it then to get a leg up on the competition. :grin:

1 Like

lol. You’re demonstrating the problem I pointed out and reinforcing my point. People are abusing ubers to rapidly efficiency test, which means the optimal kill method will be discovered in PTR, removing that joy of discovery when ladder begins. It’s obvious that Blizz didn’t intend for people to abuse this to spam ubers, but abusers are a toxic part of any gaming community I guess. Thankfully you all can only run uber trist about once every 5 min or so, rather than 1 per min. I really hope Blizz catches on fast and patches this soon.

How is it obvious? Are you trolling me right now? Do you really think blizzard is that clueless of their actions?

They are fully aware and 100% support this. :rofl:

1 Like

If they wanted players to be able to spam ubers, wouldn’t you think they’d just open the portals? Do you really think they wanted people deleting a character and closing the client every few min to spam them like it’s some kind of feature? haha. The feature is clearly designed for those who need more of an item or people who lose something they needed. If you think they wanted people to spam ubers via character deletion and restarting the client after every run, then you need to work on your critical thinking lol.

They’ve expressed no such opinion stating that they are in full support of people spamming ubers. Many games have mechanisms that are exploited by players in unintended ways, but just because the developer doesn’t address the problem, doesn’t mean that they are in full support of it lol. Since it’s PTR they probably won’t take any aggressive action against it, but they certainly aren’t “100% in support of this”.

No, I would not. I would expect them to provide us with keys so we can test the important parts of the process.

Yes, they even posted about it :joy:

Okeydokey :wink:

1 Like

I saw the same blizz post you did, only I didn’t make false assumptions about it. Them describing what happens when you delete a character isn’t the same as them supporting uber spamming lol. It’s crazy that this needs to be explained to you. Your assumption that you’ve somehow schooled me is hilarious. Work on that ready comprehension bud. :rofl:

OK, I accept that I have been trolled hard by you. /bows. :joy:

1 Like

lol, you’re trolling yourself bud. Countering logic with misdirection is just making you look foolish.