Ps5 - Can't create private game

On PS5, playing the PS4 version of the game.

When attempting to create a Private online game I get this message.

“Game name contains reserved or profane words. Please try another name”

I also tried using the Game Creator, and entered various names with the same result.

This happened last night, so I waited 30 minutes to try again and it eventually worked. Its happening again this morning.

The main problem here from a user experience perspective is it makes me feel like I’ve done something wrong, but I haven’t.

Ive been playing this character all the way through Nightmare for multiple nights, so its not the game name or character name.

Also, when a private game is created a player does not enter one in so there is no action a player can take.

My Suggestion… Maybe the error message could be updated with a more helpful message so the player doesn’t get frustrated trying the wrong things with no resolution?

I appreciate any help with the issue so I can play the game online, thanks!

Hope it can help

Happened to me on Xboxone, since few days ago, same thing. For me, quitting and coming back in the game works. Still anoying, its not happening everytime, seems to be kinda random. Should be solved soon… i hope!

I just experienced this error for the first time tonight, luckily after restarting my PS5 I was able to make a game. I agree with you on all points. I quickly grew frustrated before coming to the forums here considering we have no control over the game name when making a private game like you said. I hope they are able to patch this soon so someone else who isn’t quite as resourceful think their game is broken.