PS4 - Offline mule characters broken, says "failed to join game" (figured out the root cause, Blizz please fix!)

After the recent patch, all 8 of my mule characters on my PS4 say “failed to join game” when I try to load them. I’ve restarted my PS4 and redownloaded the characters from my cloud backups, but they remain broken. I can’t access any of the items on those characters now :(. Has anyone experienced this and found a way to get the characters working again??

EDIT: I think I found what the issue is - it occurs if you use MULTIPLE special characters. I just created a character with a single hyphen and it worked fine. But when I created a new one with 2 hyphens (my mules are named Mule-Uniq-One, etc.), it fails to even join right after creating the character.

Blizzard, hopefully you’re seeing this and can get a quick fix in. Please and thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have exactly same issues on the Switch which make my 19 chars unplayable.

1 Like

Hopefully Blizzard fixes this. Kind of curious as to what could be causing the issue though…the only thing in common would be that I’ve never created a normal game since the recent patch. Gonna try creating a normal game on my Sorc (my only character that still works) and then load my mules and see what happens :confused:

sounds like a great topic for the, you know, the “Console Tech Support” forum.

I have the same problem on switch. Some of my mile chars don’t work anymore after I installed the new patch.

1 Like

You are correct - not sure how I missed that forum!

1 Like

Has this been addressed yet? I can’t play my lvl 70 Amazon !!!

Yes, if you are running the latest patch, you should be good to go.

They actually fixed this within a few weeks of the prior patch, and then broke it again with the latest patch. Haven’t seen any communication since the latest patch released a month ago. Been waiting for a fix to resume playing again. In the 8 months the game has been out, 2 months of that has been waiting for bug fixes to resume playing. Geez…