Proposition for Teleport "redesign" from VET perspective

TLDR
We all know Tele is most broken skill in this game, here is my last idea to “balance” that thing.

Teleport change
  • Cast Delay 2.5sec decreasing by 0.1sec per +1lvl to max 0.5sec perm cap;

Note: - first, it prevents 24/7 spam like cheat MODE (18lvl char with 1lvl skill is all what is needed to skip entire areas/acts). Second, finally it forces to put pts in;

• fire/cold/light res is decreased/increased to 0% (REMATERIALIZE) during this CD time, and every +lvl adds +2% to f/c/l res to max 95%f/c/l res during this CD time.

Note: - on low lvls rematerializing ability is neutral (~0%+), but with enough skills it could become very strong shield, similar to EShield (as pre req to ES), mechanic is balanced with decreasing CD and between classes (non Sorc Teleporting should be more dangereus);

• no more jumps throught walls.

Note: - at last I make this skill “balanced” :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not broken; it’s the way the game works. Can we stop these stupid threads already?!

We don’t want to kill everyone’s movement speed. It’s a fast paced game, and you need to kill a lot to get any drops. The whole thing is based around speed, and nerfing this would require reworking a whole bunch of other things. It’s not going to happen.

If you want more options than enigma, then ask for that. Leave teleport alone.

2 Likes

You confused D2 with D3. D2 is not a speedrun / cookie clicker hybrid.

teleport is so lame you skip the whole game to get to the final boss to have 1-2 min games at the end.
it destroys all playing together with other classes it becomes a kind of single player game.
it’s so much fun at the beginning of a season when you always play with the whole group from norm act 1 to act 2 and walk around together where you don’t really skip everything
teleport destroys the hole game and i hope they change it !
i think thats a good way
teleport back to the location you last teleported from
then you can still teleport back and forth without getting too far off the screen. For example, you teleport forward then you have 8 seconds to go back to the same place with the same teleport skill and if you sit out the 8 seconds then you can teleport forward again without going back and that repeats itself or keeps going back and forth all the time without any CD.
so you either have normal teleport with 8 sec CD or forward back without CD all in 1 skill
a defensive skill for the sorc or enigma user

1 Like

No, I did not. Cool downs are rubbish from D3 and have no place here. We don’t do rotations like some crappy MMO. This is an action game. We move with high levels of FRW or teleport. End game builds depend on high levels of IAS or FCR. I don’t know what game you think you’re playing.

No to cool downs.

2 Likes

If only speed matters, the gameplay is already like D3. And if this is an action game, why do you avoid action by teleporting recklessly past all the monsters straight to the boss? I play for the combat. If I can skip all the challenges on my way, what’s the point of playing? Loot? Then it’s just gambling with some extra steps.
Cooldowns on main skills would be annoying, but we’re speaking about a utility one.

1 Like

I don’t skip action, I mostly full clear. Teleport is movement. Fast movement helps you stay in the action instead of walking to it. I’m here to fight monsters, not to walk around looking at the scenery.

You guys argue that teleport shouldn’t go through walls. Does that mean if you get to a dead end that you’re thinking “Yay, I get to spend 30-40 seconds walking around through an area I already cleared instead of popping over the wall to continue fighting!”

2 Likes

Nice to hear that; sorry for my previous assumption. But I’m afraid you’re in minority. It’s common to skip the entire areas; rushing and Baalruns being the prime examples. That’s what should be eliminated.

If Tele was nerfed by either introducing a cooldown or restricting teleing through walls (but not both!), it would still be viable. In case of the latter one by teleporting back the same way as you’d walk (but still much faster).

reported for spam 2020202020

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with teleport, it’s just you can’t get along with it

That was 5th topics about teleport I saw today

Don’t like it? Don’t use it. Simple

3 Likes

Not SO simple, since the whole economy and drops and all is based on teleport, as others have previously mentioned.

“don’t like it, don’t use it” is a good mindset but applicable only to single player modes. even then, it can give you the itch to HAVE to use it else you feel you’re waisting your time.

So yeah, your comment had very limited understanding of game design.

1 Like

Butthurt detected

I have limited understanding, you just have problem understanding it lol

Go slowpoke if you don’t like it

1 Like

I see no problems in the economy at all. Still the same items that are valuable and still the same items that are trash. But i see a big problem in nerfing or removing teleport and loosing a huge part of the playerbase in the process. Teleport and enigma have existed for decades now and is probably one of the reasons many of us kept playing. Pretty sure this game would slowly kill itself if u change that and im pretty sure Blizzard knows this which is why its probably not going to change no matter how much u keep whining. U are very welcome to play the game anyway u want including not using teleport but dont try to implement ur playstyle on everyone else.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with teleport as it stands. D2r without teleport is another game.

That doesn’t mean people can’t talk about it. And if you font have anything to say to OP, simply don’t say anything :slight_smile:

Although this “nerf teleport” thing seems to be everywhere so I understand some of the frustration

Personally I just like to see teleport become a lot more expensive, possibly a cast speed penalty and possible no more wall jumping.
Definitely not an added Cooldown or Cast Delay.

The amount of mana sorc’s (and actually every class) has increased a lot since teleport was designed and back then there was not insight either, so nerfing teleport by making hour long teleports would be more inline with the original.
You might also change the amount of cost reduction per level so people could choose to sacrifice power for mobility by spending skill points to make teleport more affordable (1 mana per rank doesn’t cut it when the cost would be increased significantly).

Same goes for the speed, it was harder to get to FCR breakpoints. Though I must admit I am not sure whether putting teleport in it’s own breakpoint system is a good move, I do think looking at it woudn’t be wrong.

Making it blocked by walls like other movement skills would make a real change to teleport, but I think not a bad one.

Most important change in my opinion however would be making it more expensive so to remove to infinite teleport cycle, but unlike cooldown still allowing short bursts.

Also allow more options for increased frw as a way to compete with teleport.

1 Like