Proof that Nihlathak is easy to farm

Oh sorry I wasn’t talking to you.

Don’t you have threads dedicated to this off topic conversation?

I should get the nith map down and run him as he is a cakewalk for sure without that crazy poison. That and leap attack is so perfect for his minions.

Difficulty buff idea for nith… Add some more maps… crazy talk I know.

No need for the apology, totally my bad. :pray:

Well first off, you’re about 6 months late to the party… changes were made to make this area much more tolerable so you wouldn’t get insta gibbed by poison snakes… The first 2 months this game was out if you so much as idled for 2 seconds as a sorc you were dead on the spot in this zone.

Also, Ber runes are pretty cheap now so I mean… bragging about being able to do a 20 second run in a dead game where you can basically buy OP end game rune words for the price of a take out combo isn’t really anything special.

Also, your lightning sorc is rocking infinity, I mean… a mentally handicapped monkey could beat D2 with a Lightning Sorc Infinity Merc… mine does the same thing, she basically 1 shots everything with a single CL shot… no skill involved.

My question is, why are you still farming keys if you have an Infinity? Like… the games over man, go outside… you won.

The physical damage of the Tomb Vipers didn’t hit if the character stood still. If the poison damage significantly dropped health, it’s because your poison resistance was low.

It was a Bug.

from the patch notes:

• Fixed an issue where Tomb Vipers’ Poison Cloud attack was improperly dealing physical damage.; the poison clouds now deal proper poison damage

regardless if you think standing still was the answer or not, it was still an unintended bug that existed pre D2R.

Idk it matters much but I do wish this and a few other bugs were left how they were. Vipers being a big danger was cool.

The ethereal armor defense bug. The was more interesting with it then without it. Leaving it didn’t really hurt anything either

1 Like

When it comes to bugs or unintended damage spikes you should consider HC players. Bugs like that effect them the most. Dying to a bug does not feel good when death is perm. I do miss the eth bug though, they should have left that.

1 Like

yeah they should have retained that ebug but that would inherently make eth sup gears less valuable as well…

Almost like how a good crafted amulet can be BiS …

Noob developers pleasing the soft player base. Getting them ready for Diablo IV: Path of Exile.

It was the answer. The damage was intentionally added with a specific and easy work around in v1.10 along with mana burn. Act 5 monster damage was buffed, and in some cases really really buffed - see v1.10 patch notes.

1 Like

Honestly, I see posts like that all the time.

“Looks how easy this is. All I have is Max Griffons with a 5/5 Facet, Max Ormus w/ 5/5, Hoto, Spirit, Perf Mara’s, Perf War Travs, Perf Hellfire Torch, Perf CTA, Perf Anni and an inventory full of 45 Life Lightning Skillers and 5 Resist small charms. Anyone could do it!”

I did Ubers with less than an Ist in gear this ladder and it was super fun and a bit of a challenge. But I’m not going to run Ubers with Last Wish/Grief and perfect gear claiming they’re the easiest thing ever.

Thanks,
Floopay

1 Like

Just because you did it ,doesnt mean its easy. Xtimus killed clone with level 5 char. Someone could imagine it was easy, hell no. He can just one shot you with lucky hit and you are gone. Thats not realyl definition of easy.

My pouint was that guy claim that its easy when he does it with char with top equip. Of course it is at that point. With high level and elite equip will most of the game will be easy wiith well made build.

That was also the point I was making, I was agreeing with you XD

Thanks,
Floopay

2 Likes

Also, Ubers for about an Ist wasn’t as hard as I thought. Lilith was the diciest of them; but I was able to do it by like week 3 with some fairly common uniques on a Barbarian. Again, all his gear together was maybe an Ist in cost. With Arreat’s being far and away the most expensive piece.

Thanks,
Floopay

3 Likes

Like you, Xtimus simply copied other players achievements and pretended he was an expert of the game. He copied two of my barbarian metas from my original D2 yt channel and made videos about them, yet he was actually useless at playing the builds when he demonstrated their power.

1 Like

It’s even easier with a Paladin; Io rune is more than enough.

I was at least considerate enough to post the patch notes and specific dev remark. They called it a bug. I guess we have different definitions of “improperly.” Unless they were just being dishonest in their patch notes.

Eureka, he’s found it! This company changes their mind and lies all the time. They have removed their quote about how battle.net is un-hackable from all of their public facing media have they not? ‘Well, we never meant to say that… it was hyperbole, taken out of context to a degree, you know how fans like to get carried away. What we always meant and what’s at the real heart of this discussion is blah blah blah.’

Coincidentally, do you recall how in the pre-alpha hype videos for this project the developers kept dropping enigmatic hints about how they had some kind of new generation of anti-cheating measures that were going to be implemented? What do we see now, during Ladder#2: Unfettered spam in a lobby you can’t leave and random innocent player’s accounts being banned with appeals automatically denied. Seems a bit cyclical in nature, wouldn’t you agree?

I appreciate you sharing the link. You’ll notice that these days bugs are referred to issues, and that is the truth of the matter - players have an issue. What’s the issue? For a couple of years between the announcement of D2R and it’s release a few streamers and their followers cried “Act 5 Hell is too hard and ‘this and that’ bugs me!” When it comes to making the game easier, dumbing it down and adding QoL changes it’s all about a sect of the player base that the devs listened to. Tomb Vipers and mana burn were a real threat to noobs, not experienced players, and so streamer armies of noobs cried " We suck hard, make the game easier for us."