Progress lost with automatic updates

Hello, I have had Diablo 2 Resurrected on my PS5 for about a week. This isn’t a bug per-se, but rather an issue with updates and losing progress in the game upon reopening. Over the last week of playing the game, it has updated twice, and each time, I lost all my progress since the last time I had saved and exited. I would prefer not to save and exit every time I stop playing because there are times when I don’t want the enemies to re-spawn the next time I start playing. With all my other playstation games, I can play them as an update is downloading, and then save and exit before installing the update but not with D2 Resurrected. Can the developers please work on changing the update process so that losing progress is no longer an issue? I’m going to try changing my playstation settings to ask me before even installing any updates so that I can have control over when the update happens, but I hope the developers can work on making it a little more “fool-proof”.

Other than that, thanks for making this game! I’m enjoying it as much as the original and I really appreciate the Playstation remake since I don’t have a fancy enough computer to play Diablo 2 on it.

I have this exact same issue. Just wanted to say that you’re not alone.

The same for me on ps5. And it does not even ask on an update