Practical Class Balance, Items and Uniques changes - feedback requested

Thanks, I’ll look back at those. Assuming that’s true, the same could be employed for fire. The difference between cold and fire is cold freezes monsters in place which reduces the tendency for monsters to stay clumped up.

The problem is it’s impossible to balance this while at the same time not making party play or solo players 1 play too easy.

The game doesn’t feel fun when you’re not feeling challenged and there’s little incentive to build highly geared optimised characters if you start off too strong right off the bat.

The point of the balance changes is to 1) balance comparative strengths between the classes, 2) provide enough challenge for under-geared builds and 3) still preserve the fantasy of the character that you’re building.

And so yes they are nerfs, but I kept them very light for the reasons above.

this is too personalized.

there is no point in nerfing damage due to sunder charms. you might as well just remove sunder charms.

1 Like

Could get behind most of these changes, some feedback though:

If anything the defensive passives in the amazon might need a nerf, would be nice with some passive movement speed earlier, problem is that passives is pretty much a buff to Javazon, since atleast the physical variety doesn’t run + skills.

NHD of 2 or 4 doesn’t matter when the attack is at 7 fpa?

They do already don’t they, however won’t change anything unless sources of - resists % also applies to minions/traps/hydra etc.

Just +1 Imho, hate random rolls on + skills

Nerfs to Hammerdin/sorc/java is so small it won’t be noticable imo. But guess it could be a start :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

The change that should happen or at least the one I’d like to see, is to remove the chance to hit or at least make it go to 100% chance as this is very unfair to melee classes/builds due to magic attacks being near enough 100% to hit. I’ve tried all classes for a melee build except for the necro and the amount of hit markers that happen at 95% in a row is stupid. I understand that 5% still means a chance to miss but missing as many hits at 95% is rubbish for any game.

Some very good suggestions but I would also like to see more uniques added or body armor runewords instead of almost every endgame build relying on Enigma mainly for the Teleport (some for strength as well but mainly Teleport).

I would also like to see mercs AI being alot better than whats displayed. This means they follow you as if being controlled rather than them getting trapped in a room or stairway. Waiting for them to Teleport to you or you use Teleport to get them to follow you is time wasted.

Also, I know that 2.6 patch notes are not released (finalized) but Sunder Charms should come to offline mode as well as the previous season runewords.

Teleport

• added 0.5 sec CastDelay
  • added debuff: 0 fire, cold, fire, resistances while casting frames

we agree on this one

You’re probably right, I’ll adjust this.

Yes correct :slight_smile:

Can you expand on why? Sunder charms made it easier for single element builds to deal damage to all monster types, eliminating any real disadvantage that they had over dual element spec builds.

I think your point about the passives are valid enough to discuss further, but I still would promote having the movement speed bonus on evade, even if it means another change is suggested to address your concerns separately.

Yes, but NHD prevents multiple bowazons playing in the same game.

I tested it after they announced that it was added, but it still wasn’t working. Maybe something changed since then though?

I see what you mean, but it’s also one of the reason why Spirit is quite strong. No other shield has +2 all skills in the game and Spirit is made with all low level runes (even though a Monarch base is needed). I also don’t like the idea of changing the runes for it. Tough one.

It’s likely too light, just proposing something to at least go into a PTR with rather than a finalised idea.

I will add that one, I liked that idea when I saw it in another thread.

I do too, not necessarily in scope of this thread but I support this idea.

I don’t see this happening ever, too disruptive to builds that already use it and I imagine lots of counter balancing needed to make this a change that people are happy with.

Sort of, I was thinking more like how magic arrow works, where it adds damage that can be multiplied by off-weapon enhanced damage. For example:

Whirlwind @ Level 20 on a character with 1200% off-weapon enhanced damage – +20 damage * 13 = +260 min and max damage to the character screen.

How about making the Mercs not lag behind? Enigma is mandatory on builds just to reposition that Act 2 Idiot.

Disagree hustle is great brings physical builds closer to scaling the impossible gap that caster builds currently lead on. This thread is basically the same as the other ones you’ve made. We get it you really don’t like hustle. Maybe blizzard will listen to them maybe not, its up to the blizz gods at this point.

For what it’s worth, regardless of where we stand on the hustle, we both share the same concerns: classes are imbalance.

This thread represent my views on what would be sensible balance changes to implement. Would like to know if the listed changes are going too hard or way too soft.

1 Like

this wont make anyone ditch FI and synergy to invest in increased stamina
heck, i dont even have points to invest in double swing
and my BO is only half way from maxed

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind sharing your build in more detail and what parts of the build are most painful for you at the moment?

gear:

• chamed aface
  • dual grief
  • enigma
  • string
  • High Lords
  • gore
  • LoH
  • 2 dual leech

char:

• 20 frenzy
  • 20 blade mastery
  • 20 FI
  • 20 FP
  • 11 BO
  • 1 to: bsrk, leap, increased stamina, increased spd, iron skin and natural res

lack of skill points
no reason to lose more loot to gain some QoL or any dmg that wont compensate the loot lost

2 Likes

First of all, blessed hammer should not work with concentration period. But to fix it, the skill was meant to be half phys half magic so good luck.

1 Like

Updated this thread with some additional suggestions.

See the main post here: Simple and Practical Class Balance changes - looking for feedback

I have a “buff” for smite that is perfectly in line with how the devs would do it if the paladin was a druid or barb.

Increase smite damage per level by 5%.

Sanctuary aura now synergizes with smite. Every hard point in sanctuary gives smite an extra 0.1s stun duration and converts 1% smite damage to magic.

Due to an unintended bug, smite can now be blocked and also treats the shield as a 1 handed weapon. As such, it no longer benefits from any weapon mod on the offhand weapon that another dual wielding class wouldnt also get.

New runeword
“Tyrael’s Wrath”
Scepters only
Cham Gul Fal
Freezes target on hit
20% bonus to attack rating
10 to strength
+3 to all skills
+3 to Holy Shield
20% faster hit recovery
40% increased attack speed
Slain monsters rest in peace
Lvl 1 salvation aura when equipped
20% chance to cast lvl 10 lifetap when struck
grants “sanctification” buff that lasts for 6 seconds after a successful hit

Sanctification
Upon a successful hit with smite, sanctification buff gives smite a 25% chance to ignore block
Players under the effects of sanctification heal twice as effectively from all sources.

2 Likes

good change overall
easy to follow and rebalance the next patch

only issue a lot of coding in these change because d2re dev team is only 1 guy working in the basement of is house

1 Like

You’re not wrong there. I’ve tried to keep these changes as close to “soft coding” as much as possible for this reason.

I’ve made a number of edits to this post over the past few days, looking for feedback from all.

1 Like

I agree with the vast majority of the start.

I disagree on the Mosaic/charges side. I think that charges should not be consumed but only run out without use. The mechanic is too messy with percentages. Claw mastery could then grant extra time like the Increased Speed synergy for Frenzy. At early levels, you might have something like 6 seconds before it runs out, allowing an extra couple of hits. When maxed you could get up to 15-20 seconds similar to Mosaic. Then they can just drop the chance to consume from Mosaic, as it’s decent enough to still be useful for the price with the 8-15% each elemental damage boost.

I don’t agree on the nerfs to Fireball to encourage the use of Meteor. People don’t use meteor because it’s clunky. Nerfing Fireball wouldn’t stop it from being clunky, and would just discourage people from playing a fire Sorc.