Possible amazon tank?

Hello,

I just start an amazon, it was the only class i didn’t play 20 years ago.

I love bow and love spear too, but something interested me a lot, it’s the passive branch.

With all the dodge skills, is it possible to make a nearly unkillable char?

I would love to have a char who can be in melee without sweating for my life.

Do you think it’s possible and would it be viable for hell?

1 Like

make a passion phase blade so you can have Zeal

1 Like

I don’t want any other skill than amazon, i don’t like stuff that gunlock skills from other class, it’s jus, i don’t know it doesn’t sound right for me.

Difficult, at least with physical damage. You basically stuck with jab, imbale damages your weapon and fend + evade is still bugged i think.

You could also run CS, but then you can just play java as well.

But the basic problem is the animation duration, if you’re unlucky you can get stuck and killed due evade.

If you gamble on rarely getting hit it can save you, but i can’t imagine standing in the middle of an crowd works very well.

Also with some +skills it’s just not viable to set more then 1 point each.

1 Like

You’ll be EXTREMELY tanky already with max or close to resists if you go max DR or even just a stormshield with max block.

1 Like

Yes, it’s called a standard Bowazon → https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/bowazon-pvm-walkthrough-end-game-guide/20427

If you want to tweak it to be pure tank, there are ways to go full Jab zon. Do not use Fend, it has problems like Zeal when it comes to the strikes being bugged up and not working when caught in block or animation frames. You want to use Jab. Jab is really powerful melee, not so much as a mob killer, but it absolutely trashes single targets. You can also make UBER zons using Jab that perform nearly as well as a Smiter. Just take a look at the standard Bowa build in that guide and use common sense to tweak it for pure melee.

The only way you’ll potentially die is if you get animation frame locked from an enormous amount of incoming attacks, and in that case you’ll get perma stuck in dodge/block frames and be unable to move until you eventually die. No way to avoid this now that they removed WSG. Fast Hit Recovery won’t help speed up dodge/avoid/evade/block animations.

I highly suggest though, just using standard Bowazon. The build is designed for Bow with Multi vs. mobs, and Javelin Jabbing/tanking 1v1 vs. powerful single targets like Diablo or Baal, or even UBERs with a gear swap to things with crushing blow, tap, sorb.

It doesn’t work for two reasons:

1. Zeal bugs up same as Fend and strikes begin missing.
  2. Amazons get BAD block rate/speed with anything in hand other than Javelins or Throwing Knives.
1 Like

20 years ago I had tanky Jawazon build on HC ladders. Compared to my friend who was running in enigma, spirit in monarch, griphon helmet and died several times, my javazon was using shako for extra life+ damage reduction, Stormshield for extra block, DR, etc and Guardians Angel armor for extra fast blocking, increase block chance and +% max resists. With everything set my resists were at 90-95%, 75% block, 40% dodge/evade from passives. Lighting attacks from souls were heal me insted of doing damage :grinning: And still was able to do tons of damage.