PMH from Natures Peace Doesn't Work on D Clone

Does the Diablo Clone have a special “immune to Prevent Monster Heal” power? The PMH from Nature’s Peace isn’t working. My lvl 38 bone spear with 62 synergy points barely dents him before he heals.

Doesn’t work on bosses to my knowledge. Open Wounds does, however, but only for physical attacks, not for spells. PMH may be that way as well, but not 100% sure without looking it up.

Prevent monster heal works on Dclone. I use an Edge bow, or PMH javelins. It woks every time. Common mistakes are leaving the area tho. If you leave via TP or walk away 2 screens out, it stops working. So stay there after you apply it.

But if there’s a Nature’s Peace bug, then that sucks.

3 Likes

I thought that PMH on a weapon only prevented healing of damage done by that weapon. Will using PMH javelins prevent him healing dmg from a spell? Because that would be awesome!

3 Likes

Yeah I used to just throw PMH javelins at him on my sorc. (Until I realized I could just make and Edge bow). Get her an enchant staff ahead of time to cast enchant so you have more of a chance to hit him. I put a poison damage charm in my inventory so I can tell when he’s hit (he turns green), then go to town on him with blizzard. Just can’t leave the area or the PMH goes away.

There’s confusion on this because PMH doesn’t work on ubers, only dclone.

1 Like

I have an Edge bow but not on the character I’m using now so … I guess I shop till I get a PMH javelin! Thanks for the advice. I’ll let you know what happens.

1 Like

You have to attack him pmh doesn’t work on spells

2 Likes

Did it!! 11/19/6 Took a long time, even with the javelins, but it worked. Thanks Bodach!!!

So, BLIZZARD, fix Nature’s Peace. Its messed up that a glaive of vileness works to prevent D Clone’s healing but not my super valuable unique ring! :rage:

It works fine, it just dosen’t work whit spells. PMH procks on weapon attacks(when your weapon actually touches your target or an arrow hits). Shooting spells will not trigger it. Never did.

3 Likes

Its not messed up, you just luck knowledge how that ability works. You need to deal Physical dmg with your weapon for it. Its magic mod design for weapons. Its like this for a reason. It would be too easy to proč it on spells as they always hits.

3 Likes

Ok, so, if I had Nature’s Peace on I could have used any javelin (or bow, or throwing knife, etc.) to hit Diablo C. which would have triggered PMH and then switched to spells? If that’s how it works that’s fair (looks like I wasted a lot of time shopping for that stupid javelin!). I’m still surprised that the effect is like a curse–that it persists for a time–instead of just applying to the dmg done by the item when it struck. Arreat Summit should update the description for it which just says, “Prevents the normal healing of a monster damaged by an item with this property.” A true statement, but only a half-truth.

Been that way for 20 years just like blizz doesn’t proc life tap. Da end!

Yes you are correct. And don’t rely on Arreat Summit it’s too old and will never be updated ever most likely. If you want more up to date info, check out maxroll.gg.

Also PMH doesnt work on mercenaries. So dont even try.

2 Likes

ahh so this might be why my Woestave isnt working too well with my merc

1 Like

First time I heard that are you sure? Could’ve sworn my mercs infinity stopped D-clones regen but maybe my damage was too high?

The problem with the two screen distance is that the clone randomly runs off at times, and that removes the pmh. As a middling trapsin (only +5 skills so far), it took a number of shots to get pmh on the clone, then I ran in circles for 15 minutes, and his life went down to 80%, then he ran off. When I followed him and attempted to reapply pmh with an edge bow, he had regenerated completely by the time I got an arrow to land. After a few round of this, I gave up until I have raised another character that is able to make use of crushing blow, open wounds, and/or poison damage.

Probably been answered but yeah Bone Spear or any Spell, isn’t going to apply PMH, it has to be an actual attack that connects. PMH definitely does work on DClone, it’s the only reason I have a Blackthorn’s Face in my stash on my FoH paladin, not because FoH or Holy Bolt applies PMH, but Charge sure does.

i killed him only once back in the days and it was on a hammerdin without any PMH

just do more dmg :wink:

You posted that you were using a spell for PMH
You didn’t need to get a specific weapon to proc it, you just needed ANY weapon

Natures peace isn’t broken
Just like bleeds
Crushing blows
Don’t apply to spells

Neither does PMH

1 Like