Please revert the 1/5th nerf to Conviction and LR

How are you not having a lv25 conviction paladin in place already?

4 Likes

I think the best solution is to make all 3 skill trees as +% per level (like already fire and lite), but nerfing/balancing them all so that spell damage dont skyrocket with synergies.
Maybe there could be some ailments like, ā€œ% to shock enemiesā€(kinda like a hit recovery animation regardless of damage dealt) and ā€œ% to burn enemiesā€ while lowering overall extra damage per skillpoint.
The - res % was cool design with Blizzard north but add in Immunities and other sources that play around with them and then you get the mess we got here.

Please donā€™t. The mechanic of CM is the reason why cold can be used as secondary talent for dual-spec sorc. If CM is to +% instead of -resist, itā€™s +dmg$ will never be high because cold come with slow/chill effect by itself. Also without the built-in -resist. It canā€™t provide consistent damage output.as secondary talent

1 Like

yeah well thats a complex changeā€¦ and based on blizzard thought with the first iteration of these charm. i donā€™t think they are up for thatā€¦ nor would i really trust them with it.

they slammed their breaks enough for me to not QUIT anymore. but i still donā€™t trust themā€¦ they lost that when they jump scared the hell out of us with insane power creep of the charms + infinity working at full.

for now Iā€™m just happy the game is still playable.

i wasnt going to play season 2. after they announced the sundering charms and now i amā€¦ sooā€¦ we did enough damage control to stop the game from complete destruction.
at this point iā€™ll take the win.

1 Like

Great change. Imo, it could have also applied to not just Cold Mastery but ALL items that give minus res after being sundered. Either way, great change.

2 Likes

Yes, Blizzard knew they made a mistake and they basically just fix it. Thatā€™s all

2 Likes

Itā€™s just like it was pre sunder. Conviction and lr breaking immunity was always on 1/5 penalties.

It is a good thing they changed it to be in line. You didnā€™t lose any diversity.

So do it in a SP Mod. Some of us enjoy at least a little balance and challenge in the game

2 Likes

Right but now with the addition of Sunder charms and they way they work is that they remove the immunity tag, which leaves a monster susceptible to receiving the full force of negative penalties. Sunder charms effect take first priority as they are the biggest impact to the immunity calculation. After an immunity is broken, there are no more 1/5 penalty equations.

Itā€™s not in line with CM piercing effect.

Why play in SP with mods when it can be done in MP, just play the right build eg Cold sorc. You say balance and I say this is not a competitive game where balance needs to be upheld.

Bottom line is at is stands several of these sunder charms are not worth using as much as they were prior to the nerf. I am no longer excited to use them because the penalties outweigh the benefits.

Why play a game with immunities when there is a game from the same team in the same IP without immunities? Questions over questions. But SP doesnā€™t impact others. MP does. If you damage the MP experience to much, people leave and never come back. If you overdo it in SP, you just deinstall the mod and go back to normal.

Thatā€™s right. But they are still allowing fire poison and cold builds to break any immunity on their way. This wasnā€™t possible previously and with the right -res gear, you can kill those immune mobs still pretty fast. The difference between the nerf and after is 85 vs 17 -res from conviction on non paladin builds. so instead of having them in the -res, your 20k + Fireball is slightly mitigated with proper gear.

With the 1/5 penalty change, they could have removed the -res on the charm or at least lowered it to around 20-30. But Iā€™m now excited for season 2, while I was about to quit before the last minute change.

Good lord do You Even read or think about your statements? ā€œSome of US love the fantasy of 1 shot everithingā€ ā€¦

Believing that a messed up mechanic or outcome is a feature deserving a place or defence is beyond selfish ignorant and dumb. 1 shotting stuff in higher players settings should NOT be a thing for NO class at all .

You and those who defend similar stuff, start with things like ā€œhey i love My fantasy of just dominating using this no recovery , + on block, comboable , and ez confirm normalā€ and end up with " i shouldnā€™t pay taxes for My hard work " ā€¦

Entitled dumb Ppl.

2 Likes

just proving how out of touch you are, even the devs have more sense than you.

iā€™m surprised they made this change, something that actually makes a little sense, but they should just cancel TZ and sunderā€¦ redo them so they actually make sense. like right now itā€™s buriel / mauso / crypt. no thanks. rather justā€¦ not play for an hour. sigh. TZ are so boring.

1 Like

Because just like you I paid for this game and just like you we all have the right to voice our opinions even if you donā€™t agree with them.

Thats great, and in my opinion, there are still improvements that can be made and I am happy to share my thoughts with this community.

Good for you Odin.

I am glad you are not a game developer :joy: Having a goal to work towards is an important aspect for my seasonal journey. You can use shaming tactics all you want, but amongst my peers here many of us can see right past your ad hominem attacks.

3 Likes

Bad argument. Nobody forbids you to voice your opinion, still the question why you chose a game that has immunity when you donā€™t want it, stands.

Itā€™s like this wasnā€™t known before and their are people like me that chose this game because it has immunities and low drop rates and you canā€™t just 1 shot everything with every champ. I donā€™t understand why people like you choose games they want to change instead of chosing a game that already is like they want it?

3 Likes

OP donā€™t get discouraged by toxic gate-keeping purists, you have the right to ask for changes. Keep fighting the good fight.

1 Like

First of all this is how Infinity was working before the introduction of Sunder Charms when dealing with immunes that had their immunity broken by the conviction aura.
So what are you complaining about? Did you at least test it in PTR? You couldā€™ve reached negative resistances very easily.
This is not a nerf, but a correction of an aspect they missed and that was reported by everyone who run the PTR.

4 Likes

Thats not a good argument. The mechanics even before with infinity was that if a monster did NOT have over 99% immunity to any type of resistance, then infinity would work at full force. That is how it worked pre sunder charms.

this is also how it works with sunder charm. Infinity still doing it thing, what sunder charm does is to force the calculation to start with 95 instead of whatever 180 it was before. Infinity still working as intended.

Just because they give you a sunder charm doesnā€™t mean it has to be OP. Before this 10/6 changes, sunder charm & infinity are almost a requirement to all elemental classes, now at least they are way less crucial and simply offering an alternative way to handle immunity

3 Likes

No its not, please stop posting incorrect information.

OUCH, i mean yeah but.
you donā€™t need to do him dirty like that. XD

1 Like

Please elaberate in regards to incorrect informqtion

1 Like