Please revert FHR to patch 2.3

please revert the changes or else you will lose all your players

Thanks appreciate it a alot

Please revert the FHR Changes back to 2.3 version, PvP has turned into spam fiesta and not bringing any fun.

2 Likes

good luck on reverting it back. no sarcasm, as i never cared too much about fhr in regards to PvE or PvP. but like a lot of games out there, itā€™s PvE first and foremost; PvP is just a side activity.

The change made with 2.4 does not affect PVE/PVM. It was only related to PvP, as Blizzard stated in patch notes.

1 Like

To my fellow PvM players all I want to say is , respect other peopleā€™s situation and opinion especially if you donā€™t play PvP and trying to act you know everything. Also donā€™t forget that when a juicy PvP item drops , wether that be a Jmod Monarch shield or a godly jewel or a circlet , they are your market ā€¦ For godā€™s sake is it hard to respect each other .

3 Likes

care to elaborate how it doesnā€™t affect PvE/PvM? i thought 2.4 made it so the lockouts were canceled. sounds like blizz just needs to somehow separate the mechanics between PvP and PvE and not entirely revert the fhr mechanics/behaviors back to 2.3.

the stun immunity was labeled as a pvp change by blizzard, so it should normaly not affect pvm. The block change however, should be effective for both.

But im actually curious, did you notice any immunity window in pvm (like you can never get stun two time in a row since 2.4) ?

And if yes, do you think it was honestly necessary to have for pvm ?

For sure, here you go.

They mentioned it here in their developer comments. Search ā€œedgeā€ on this page to find it, 2nd search result. They mentioned ā€œedgeā€ cases, when in reality it is not when they are being locked out for too long, itā€™s as soon as they take damage theyā€™ve given the character immunity.

" For PVP, we added a way to reduce hit recovery spam to prevent edge cases of characters being locked out for too long."

1 Like

As someone who is PvM I donā€™t have a lot of knowledge about this issue. But seeing as it was implemented entirely for the sake of PvP and doesnā€™t effect PVM I feel I ought to listen to the PvP players.

I would point out the more general problem that I canā€™t know the general feeling among PvP players, I can only tell what the PvP players who are posting feel, and that Blizzard probably suffers from the same problem.

I do know that a lot of PvP players were frustrated with hit recovery lock and with weapon switch being the only way to break it. And that weapon switch breaking hit recovery was considered a bug. I think Blizzard fixed that weapon switch bug didnā€™t they? So I think Blizzard fixed that bug and then felt they had to do something about the hit recovery lock at the same time. (Iā€™m not a PvP player, so I might be describing it wrong, this is just what I remember from the debates during PTR).

In making this change they seem to have created a whole new problem. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s very frustrating to PvP players. Itā€™s probably too late for Blizzard to do anything about it in 2.4 since they arenā€™t going to rollback the bug fix, and that means rolling back the FHR change for PvP will also create problems for PvP just in the opposite direction.

The only comfort I can offer the PvP community is that at least Blizzard seems to be thinking about the PvP community in the changes they are making, so that suggests they will probably devote some effort in 2.5 to finding a more equitable solution.

3 Likes

by reverting FHR changes they also need to re-evaluate all the buffs done to other classes.

I donā€™t blame your arguments, opinions, or comments, but I canā€™t relate at all. This game is not just Druid or Amazon. Donā€™t you feel sorry for the assassins and Barbarian users who have been reduced to storage due to this patch? The game requires a strong opponent, and it is a game that you enjoy together by attacking and defending. The modification of the FHR is only good news for wizards and droids with high FHR requirements. 2.4 ver update failed

The next best option is to provide cool time for teleportation skills and reduce all attacks and magic damage with pvp penalties.How slow and frustrating will the game be? Nobody wants this, but now itā€™s a game of shooting and running from afar. Barbarians and assassins were trash in the pvp. The 2.3 patch shows a broken balance.

they never cared about pvp when they did the class buff, so i dont think its really neededā€¦

you miss read me. Iā€™m saying they didnt care about PvP for class balance, so they donā€™t really need or (and wont want) to reajust them if they revert FHR to 2.3.
And its not the wow methode because its not real diminush return, just a flat out immunity window that spawn almost instantly. Real diminush return could have been interesting

1 Like

I got it so sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not for nuthinā€™, but I was out of the thread. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t want to talk about it, but in a similar situation, after I was out of a thread for THREE DAYS, not saying a word to anybody, someone decided to call me an idiot and my reply was flagged as trolling.

I donā€™t want that to happen again, so if telling the truth about PvP in Diablo 2 being basically all a ā€œgentlemanā€™s agreementā€ to begin with, which in my opinion, is evidence of a bad system is going to result in personal attacks on my intelligence and provocation to get me a ā€œforum vacationā€, then I would prefer to leave you all to your discussions on the subject because apparently disagreeing is a no-no in pvp threads.

Just sayinā€™.

Edit:

And just to be clear, any further replies to me in these threads will be ignored. PERIOD! The echo chamber isnā€™'t for other voices.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because your opinion was that a PVP only change that arguably made PVP worse in terms of balance doesnā€™t matter because enough people donā€™t play PVP. And then you were harping on about minorities although this change affects PVP only (no majority would be affected negatively at the benefit of the minority). It doesnā€™t make sense if you would take 2 minutes to think about your argument before you post it, but since you have forum diarrhea, you get trolled and called out on your BS.

Tryed to try hard 4v4 those last days in preparation of future tournaments. Camp team looks really really strong. In itself, its not that problematic, 4v4 camp team has it charms, but what is sad is, the moment the bowa(s) dies, the game fall into pur chaos with little organisation, because its incredibly hard to coordonate on same timing

May we get some fhr revert pls :slight_smile: