Please Remove DRM (Switch)

Please remove the DRM on Consoles. I bought D2: Resurrected on console strictly for the ability to play offline only anywhere I go. I didn’t have internet for close to two months and the first 30 days Diablo helped with the lack of entertainment. Found out the hard way that (in my opinion) that I was scammed/lied to. Offline play is essentially a facade.

Please remove the DRM.

5 Likes

Trust me I know what it’s like to be short on money at times.

The crappy truth is that DRM is really a console thing.

Lots of people are finding out that they are buying a license to the game and not the game itself when you download.

Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo are not likely to change their stance on DRM.

I get what you’re saying but in this instance it’s Blizzard. I could play the rest of my switch library (3rd and 1st party games), I played a few different games on my Xbox One as well as my 360. Games that have both online and offline modes still worked. Blizzard actively chose to put a DRM on D2. The whole reason I bought it on the switch over pc was to avoid the DRM attached to the Blizzard launcher and they said you could play offline.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not going to change. If you need to maybe try using your phone as a hotspot for that once a month login?

Truly amazing though that both Diablo ii and baldurs gate 2 can be played on consoles now. The small inconvenience of a login check monthly for d2 is worth it :slight_smile:

I get what you’re saying as well but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I haven’t played D2: Resurrected since I found this out the hard way (will probably play when the update comes out). Why couldn’t they just say there was DRM on the console version? before or after release, why hide it? Diablo 3 doesn’t have DRM on console, why does this one? The only difference is Cross-Saves but that doesn’t affect offline characters. Guess I’m in the minority that find it gross that I buy a game and wont have access to said game without internet even though it has offline functionality :(.

4 Likes

It’s more that others accepted that’s what it is and they want to play than not liking it. I was surprised and mad as well. Still, suggest that if you want to play then find a way to get online for a minute or so (login check is fast) and have fun. The first 30 days you said were great playing, I’d hang onto that feeling instead of the anger. If not keep in mind 2.4 patch won’t go live for awhile, doubtful it would be before March.

Either way good luck and have fun if you play again

Why do bootlicking apologists like you have to insert yourselves into threads like this to be a mouthpiece for anti-consumer behavior? Just because your situation is different so this wasn’t a dealbreaker for you doesn’t make this okay. There is no justifying that locking people from their offline characters makes for a better customer experience.

Edit: if you’re wondering why I’m aggressive, I just landed from a 3.5 hour flight of contemplating whether to spend $15 on in-flight wifi to “unlock” the game I already paid for

2 Likes

Blizzard is nothing but a shady fraud company Diablo two resurrected is being sold under a perpetual license not a subscription license lawyers need to get involved