Please raise the Blocked Player limit

This issue is nothing new. This "resurrected’ game has been out for years now. This extremely horrible unprofessional un-user friendly arbitrary cap on blocked players. Just from blocking Bots and Spammers in the chat my Blocked list fills up every other month.
No, the solution is not to manually purge my own Blocked list each time this happens.
The primary cause for this is spamming ad-bots. If Blizzard would do a better job (or even ‘a job’) at banning the spammers then the Blocked List limit would not be nearly as bad.

Really? 50 Players limit in a world with millions playing Diablo/Blizzard games?

Yes I have seen the many discussions. Yes I have read that it is a result of how the game was ‘coded’ - Well then it is time for change. Fix it. Improve it. Adapt to the modern world where you may encounter more than 50 people on the internet.
Raise the limit on Blocked players.

I don’t care if you leave it as a .txt file that we have to open and manually add names to. If there was no limit, I would take that any day.

On a more serious side of things, the block feature is supposed to be a tool to protect users from Harassment. This is not just about ‘being annoyed’ by spam bots.
I mean if I encounter someone who is harassing me then I may not be able to block them because my list fills up so often, without warning.

Another potential solution could be have two separate lists. One for Spammers who will only be ‘Muted’Deafened’Squelched’ etc. Without a limit.

Then keep the existing Blocked list for only those severe cases when a player is harassing you. The limit of 50 could go a lot further if it was only used for serious offenders and not spam bots.

Please, please, please. Consider this feedback and implement a change.

6 Likes

If Blizzard only cared…

But unfortunately they don’t.

2 Likes

But they have good marketing because people keep automatically opening their wallets and never learn from the last time. A Bungie + Blizzard merger would be a match made in hell.

Yes, it is absolutely pathetic that they STILL farking refuse to let the community make chat bots moot like we could 20 years ago.

It is beyond pathetic that the reason they gave was ‘we take spam seriously and we actively act to prevent and to curb it’
WHAT A LOAD OF HORSEHOCKY.

Then they limit us to blocking 50 bots…ya that is done in less than a week.

No, their marketing is garbage, they coast to this day off of games none of them were around to make, and obviously never played.
People are just beyond gullible, do virtually no research before buying a $60-70 game any more. And if they do…somehow they think their experience will be different than the last time blizz blow smoke up their wazoo.

1 Like

right? like, they couldn’t even give us chat channels to circumvent the spam on our own.

2 years later and all we have STILL is LOBBY. what a joke. what an absolute disaster if you ask me.

So long as people keep buying and lining their pockets, their marketing is working. That is the entire point of marketing, to get you to buy the product. That’s the only metric regardless of what you think. Don’t want that to be the case? Vote with your wallet.

Bots are worse than it was in vanilla D2LOD.

This is the only blizz game I have purchased in about 15 years, and that was several months after release where it at least seemed playable.

ban bots or raise the limit. +1

Not to mention 70% of every game listed is a stupid ad for the same two websites. I report them all and not a single one gets deleted or a single player punished. Some of them are level 80+ so it would definitely hurt them. Small indie company apparently despite having just been bought for 69 billion dollars.

No RMT site who spent 100’s or even 1000’s of dollars just to advertise in game, for their 1000s or 10000s dollars worth of accounts used to bot for their RMT site care if you ban a level 80 character that self leveled to get there.

Imagine if every account associated with every ip associated with any RMT spam was banned.

Oh wait, that would mean Blizzard did a thing.

You have to remember cheaters have got really good at what they do. It cannot be limited to IP bans. IP’s can be ghosted, manipulated, and hidden. Also, I’m not sure you could really track RMT in this game. In bigger games there is an active log right? So it is easier.

Honestly just an active AI that auto banned chat spam, game list ban, and bot accounts would be great. And I think most everyone would accept a temporary false flag ban if it meant cheaters were always caught.

2 Likes

That’d require them paying an intern who knows how to code with ChatGPT to spend an afternoon working on the game that doesn’t have MTX though.

AI is the future of anti-cheat… Doesn’t even need any active program running on the system to monitor. All it needs to do is maintain profiles of cheating/botting programs, as well as profiling the players themselves. They can get all the data they need server-side.

All that needs to happen is the current AI bubble needs to pop, the prices for the hardware will in turn fall, allowing other companies to be competitive against NGREEDIA in the AI market, then it will be relatively cheap to implement the hardware needed to make it happen.

The big problem with anti-cheat is that it is a big load of red ink for gaming companies. Not good for those greedy CEOs that want big fat stock option bonuses, nor the returns for the shareholders they work for.

Money money money.

BuT iTs A sOcIaL gAmE.

No, really, its just you and the bots playing the game. No profit left in this game, so there’s no more QoL improvements coming. Maybe when AI can code.