Please Nerf Spirit, Grief & Enigma

Those nerfs could work as well.

GRIEF

Yes, it is impossible to remove already created Grief. But we can keep the already created ones and nerf the future ones just a little by this change (you see that new max values are higer than old min values):

Change from
“+30-40% Increased Attack Speed (varies)”
to
“+15-35% Increased Attack Speed (varies)”

From
“Damage +340-400 (varies)”
to
“Damage +200-350 (varies)”

From
“-20-25% To Enemy Poison Resistance (varies)”
to
“-16-21% To Enemy Poison Resistance (varies)”

From
“+10-15 Life After Each Kill (varies)”
to
“+6-11 Life After Each Kill (varies)”

SPIRIT

Change from
“+2 To All Skills”
to
“+1-2 To All Skills”

From
“+22 To Vitality”
to
“+5-22 To Vitality”

from
“+89-112 To Mana (varies)”
to
“+20-90 To Mana (varies)”

ENIGMA
Change from
“+2 To All Skills”
to
“+1-2 To All Skills”

from
“+45% Faster Run/Walk”
to
“+20-45% Faster Run/Walk”

1 Like

The simple change to both Spirit and Enigma from “+2 To All Skills” to “+1-2 To All Skills” would be good.

1 Like

Change teleport to cost an insane amount of mana per cast that diminishes with level. 100 per cast at level 1, 50 at level 20. That way, you have to have massive mana amounts just to use the skill properly, because even insight wouldn’t counteract the cost of spamming it.

You mean higher mana cost for other classes than Sorc I guess. For the Sorc the Teleport is great as it is. I would proberly stop playing the game if Sorc gets a nerf to Teleport.

People asking for nerfs should be insta-banned

I respectfully disagree. I think it would improve the game if Grief, Enigma and Spirit runewords were nerfed in some fashion, which expands player choice and improves build diversity.

This is really interesting. I’d like to see something like this in combination with a nerf to smite to make getting the torch more of a challenge.

It might be also be interesting to get another uber-type red portal in City of the Damned. Maybe burn 3 torches in the Horadric cube to get a portal to fight uber versions of the original 3 characters from Diablo 1 (Blood Raven, Summoner, Wanderer). Have them drop a charm that gives enigma like benefits of + strength + teleport. Could give a new challenge + a way to burn torches that are not worth as much!

Grief: nerfing it is not the answer, substantially buffing the more expensive alternatives is. Melee is already at a severe disadvantage, nerfing the good weapon available is not way.

Enigma: Should not be touched. Like it or not teleport is what it is. We have expensive alternatives for different purposes, mainly chains of honor and fortitude. There are good enough rune words and uniques as stepping stones towards those. Buffing the extremely rare and iconic tyraels might with teleport+ something would be nice.

Spirit: Completely agree. The runeword is too cheap for all it offers. Needs a nerf bat, while also buffing alternatives. We have decent steeping stones for shields should spirit be nerfed, but we don’t have many viable endgame alternatives.

there are mods that have nerf’s them. Maybe go try them?

I dont want to nerf enigma or grief. If there is one runeword which need nerf, its infinity.

I disagree. I really dont like that some of these items are way too strong, but I still wouldnt nerf them unfortunetly. They are part of the game.
A 25% buff to the base dmg of weapons would reduce the gap between Grief and other runeword. (Grief would still be better).

And honestly, I think you should have added Infinity to the list. It’s as busted as the others if not more.

You wanna kill build diversity you nerf enigma. Everyone will play sorceress.

You nerf grief you put the final nail in build diversity, melee is dead.

The more expensive melee runewords need to be brought up to par. Melee is already at a severe disadvantage, nerfing the weapon is not the answer.

Enigma is so popular because teleport is just a necessity for efficiency and magic farming. That’s not changing, it’s what the game revolves around. We have other good endgame alternatives and good stepping stones towards it. Making teleport more accessible on a mid-high runeword and perhaps on the elusive tyraels might would go a long way for class and build diversity instead.

1 Like

At the end, the people wanting a nerf on these two popular items are the people who never could afford them in the past or do not any longer have the time or nerves to obtain the high runes via grinding or trading.

Such changes (Nerfs, Teleport Skills on torch) would dumb down the whole grinding / trading mechanics / reward system into the direction of d3. Enigma would be obsolete.

Regarding the idea of making Enigma (and Grief) highly variable, this will just hurt player counts. The thrill of obtaining Enigma (and some other rws) at ladder start was always a driving force of competitive play. And now you would frustrate all these players, making the game worse than it used to be. Only people who are frustrated of not being able to possess an Enigma would like such an idea.

Blizzard would cut into its own flesh here, however they very well know all of this. Explaining all this is talking about trivialities.

Ahh, the good old “the poor rabble wants to threaten the rich’s comforts”

I mean it would be inconceivable that some people are tired of the same armor being the go-to for pretty much any non Sorc build and of the same old zoom-zoom gameplay mechanics. Nah, they are just poor jealous peasants.

All enigma does is promote solo play. If Blizzard is genuinely interested in encouraging group play and build diversity, then addressing enigma and the ability to solo farm 8 player games in under 3 minutes should be their top priority.

Even PvP might see a breath of fresh air without everyone teleporting around.

Not inconceivable at all, but over the years everybody complaining about the topic I asked about his background was poor item wise. Maybe 20, 30 people. “Peasant” was your choice of words btw.

How your playstyle has been in the past and how it is now, just to get some context to your opinion. I’d also be curious to hear how “adressing” Enigma would reinforce group play. Quite sceptical about this.

promote group play.

Teleporting around with an insane dmg and crazy defense character isn’t unbalanced for pvp? Adding a cooldown to that teleport skill would balance it. just create a new skill to not confuse it with teleport.

What about call to arm? it is a everyone must have in the game, no matter u are melee or caster.

Just nerf hammers then. If you nerf teleport it’s across the board. It doesn’t change the relative power of hammers compared with other builds, since every build is basically getting the same nerf. If you nerf hammers then only hammerdins are getting weaker while every other build stays the same.

Please Blizzard, don’t nerf anything, ever.

Instead of nerfing enigma, make teleport staffs, circlets and amulets spawn more often, with more charges and lesser repair costs. Maybe add more items with teleport charges like wands (1 hand weapons in general). Also you could make runewords like harmony viable on more weapons so more characters and/or mercs can have a vigor aura.