Please fix Blade Fury

Hi dev team…Blade Fury has been bugged in multiple levels on display screen since the dawn of d2, if you can find some time to apply the fix it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Damage mistake. The damage shown on the screen right now is the formula as follow

Damage = ((Weapon_Damage + Offweapon_Damage) * (1 + StatsBonus + (+x% Enhanced_Damage) / 100) + Elemental_Damage) * 0.75 + BF_Damage

However, this is actually incomplete. According to the Arreat Summit, the formula work more like the following

Damage = ((Weapon_Damage + Offweapon_Damage) * (1 + StatsBonus + (+x% Enhanced_Damage) / 100) + Elemental_Damage) * 0.75 + BF_Damage * (1 + StatsBonus + (+x% Enhanced_Damage) / 100)

The incomplete portion is that BF damage from the skill is also affected by stat bonus and gear enhanced damage.

1. Blade Fury require Attack Rating to hit; however, AR is not showing when you set it as a skill. Furthermore, Blade Fury does not offer any form of AR bonus, which is very awkward, please reapply AR to the Character screen, and consider adding AR% to the skill so it will function better

2. When Assassin equips claws and has invested points into Claw Mastery, THe ED portion and the CS portion from CM will benefit Blade FUry; however, AR increase does not. Please consider making AR bonus available as well.

3. When assassin equips 2 hand weapon such as polearm, the damage is reduced to 3/8 instead of 3/4 including all elemental damage. This info is not displayed on skill display, please add that info so people are aware of such damage reduction. LCS also seems to be showing 3/4 damage even when you equip 2 hand weapon, please fix that as well.

Thank you for your time, and I hope the above can be fixed so it will be a much wider used skill by most.

4 Likes

Also note some mods edited the skill to give %AR bonus for the skill itself but it still didnt work

I am not sure but as far as i remember you needed to alter the skill to give flat AR scaling for it to work

Also the initial casting delay and not having pierce are more of an issue then the damage itself…. I would rather have 1 of the synergies cancelled and have pierce for better AoE effect

2 Likes

+1 to everything topic’s author wrote.

Damage is not an issue at all and regarding animation wind up and pierce you can find my response in your topic - Blade fury issues/bugs - #7 by Majesty-1216

If this is a bug then you should also write this in the bugreport forum.

Update: I think that Claw Mastery AR bonus is now included for all Blade Skills and properly displayed in character screen. It would be nice if some1 could confirm this since I did not check how exactly it looked like before.

For the display when I add points to Claw Mastery it does show an increase to AR. It took me from 56 chance to hit to 63 chance to hit. I haven’t had time to set up this girl like my assassin on the live side to the AR is much lower than I would like. As the ‘to hit’ is still so low I can’t confirm if it is actually doing anything. Once I’m done with my A3 numbers I was getting I’ll spend some time on her.

Weird. For each point invested in Claw Mastery I can see AR and DMG increase for all 3 blade skills. Just checked it.

AR from Claw mastery has always been working on blade sentinel, however, ITD and -x% target def does not work towards blade sentinel

as for Blade fury, AR from claw mastery does not work, LCS would shows an increase in AR when you equip a claw, but it is just for normal attacks, it does not work towards blade fury, as an compensation, ITD and -x% target def works for Blade fury

Blade Shield also require AR, and it does benefit from Claw mastery’s AR

Yeah, in that case we should really have that fixed. If we don’t however, I have a pretty good build to sit on, whether or not Plague is in a Claw or not, it just costs… er… 2 Vex, 3 Lo, 2 Cham, 1 Sur, and a Jah.

So like, two Ber runes. :stuck_out_tongue: