Blade fury issues/bugs

A few more issues on the blade skills:

Blade sentinel has pathing issues. It tends to take off at 90 degrees to where to sent it.

Blade fury has a 1 sec delay between click and the first blade coming out. It would be great if this went away.

AR issues are the biggest issue. As your giving us %damage on the synergy we will be ok using a blessed aim merc for the AR. The bonus damage is about the same as a might merc. But please address the AR issues with claw mastery. Claw master doesn’t add the AR bonus to blade fury.

Damage just doesn’t display correctly. This is the same issue with grief.

1 Like

Giveing feedback prematurely is not good, because new threads will burry this one. Aldo if it’s a bug use the PTR bug report section.

Some rather important issues for blade shield

Unlike blade fury / blade sentinel where the skill damage is added as base weapon damage, multiplied by % enhanced damage modifiers, blade shield is NOT multiplied by % enhanced damage, but IS multiplied by its own -75% (now -25%) weapon scaling. So if you had 900% ed, a blade sentinel with 400 damage listed would add 4000 damage, but a blade shield with 400 damage listed would add 300 damage.

Also, and this is a big issue: Blade shield reduces weapon durability. Blade sentinel/fury do not. This means a blade assassin cannot use both an unrepairable ethereal weapon and blade shield, only either or.

Blade fury - the main problem is not the damage it’s the AR, the attack delay, pathing on sentinel…if they don’t address these things they can add all the damage they want and it still isn’t a good build. As these things were not mentioned in the changes it’s important we make them clear now and during the test. If this thread goes away, we make another.

1 Like

Please fix Blade Fury - PTR Feedback - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

adding my post link here for consideration

Ad 1. I totally agree with most of you on that - main problem of blade skills now is lack of AR, but as I stated here Blade Assa - so near and yet so far - #2 by Majesty-1216 - significant bonus should be added to skills themselves (similiar to kick skills) and AR bonus from Claw Mastery should also be taken into account when using claws.
Ad 2. Totally agree.
Ad 3. I’m against adding pierce to Blade Fury and you can find my arguments inside the post I linked above.

It’s more like 0.5 sec, also touched here - Blade Assa - so near and yet so far - #2 by Majesty-1216

I’ve reported this in Bug Report forum - you can check it here - Assasin's Blade Shield area of effect and wrong damage calculation There is also another problem mentioned with area of effect. I wonder if you also encountered such issues.

Regarding Claw Mastery AR bonus:

I agree,
Blade sentinel pathing is awkward.
Blade fury starting animation is slow and sometimes it stops casting by it self.

TO add to what the author stated:

Blade fury is nerfed to crap compared to Javazon

So raw, level 29 blade fury does 865-875 damage before adding weapon damage into the mix.
Add strength damage bonus on, at 205 STR, it does 867-879 damage.

Add ravenfrost (15-45), totals out to 878-913, or 11-34 cold; that’s .75 weapon damage modifier (okay… not coming from weapon damage, but fine.)

Add a ‘blade,’ 4-15 damage weapon on. 886 - 948. 8-35 damage added? alright, makes sense if you factor in .75% weapon damage. based on weapon damage bonus multipliers from STR… feels like somethings missing…

Add Phoenix (374%) goes to 898 - 990…

Huh. . . So what you’re saying is it doesn’t apply the x 3.74 times weapon damage modifier after the skill calculates damage, like the Javazon skills do before converting to lightning.

But wait, wheres the 4x synergistic damage from weapons prior to 75% reduction from skills? THATS what’s missing!

So I can understand why this decision was made, but this skill will always be sub par compared to other builds that fling projectiles because of this, and because of the next header.

This skill is not affected by Wisdom

So to make this skill viable on any form of combat, it needs 3 things. To be able to hit, to be able to do damage that is comparitive and combative with skills like fireball (high min, middling/low max) or hammerdin (which is 13k w/o skillers and concentration up, built into class, and with quick switch, never need to switch back or forth now), and viability to kill more than 1 target per shot.

This skill is currently the equivalent of Firebolt without the benefit of FCR/IAS.

This skill needs to Peirce, or have the ability to gain piercing from the headpiece Wisdom. Whats more, is Whirlwind, an Oskill from Chaos has higher attack rating to to hit mod than Blade fury does.

Please, add attack rating & Peirce scaling, or Blade fury will never see use. Blade sentinel is in a similar boat, but it attacks much faster, and blade Shield too!

While We’re on the topic of Blade Shield and Blade Sentinel

there are two important changes that should be made, one to each.

If you, for the love of god, are gonna make Blade Sentinel subject to AR, then it needs to be treated like a melee attack. Ergo, cast on attack needs to be able to proc in addition to cast on strike. AR scaling, or AR requirement is a cost without a benefit to this skill beyond it’s longevity and potential base damage. Make this skill Unique, and let it trigger hellfire torch or any other cast on attack

Blade shield needs to be thematic. It’s a freakin’ shield that does not give armor/defense, or Damage reduction, and only does damage. It has less utility than Sorc Shiver armor or frozen shield, which don’t do half the damage.
But what’s the point of the skill if you aren’t:

1. Using it for damage. (melee with 2 maxed trapskills? Wut?) Easy fix: Expand the range. It currently does 4 yards. Make it a better Offensive aura, 100% at x range (make it 12 to 16 yards, a 3rd or less that of holy fire max range) and 200% when they are up in your face! Alternatively, treating it like an offensive aura is good, and potentially it should add to an attack’s damage! Afterall, the assassin should be able to remember the 5 d’s! (dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge) and turn them to her advantage!

or

1. Using for defense (claw block is better then! but no synergy? Wait, is this a Synergistic oppurtunity?) Give it % chance to block, or +to def.

Currently, this means that this build will only be a support addition specifically to Kicksin or any Sin build that requires 1 primary offensive skill, Fade, and 3 dumpskills for support. The investment is too high.

1 Like

My build has 9k AR with claw mastery AR%, there’s also a -50% target def on the weapon that I use (halved when dealing with boss)

Without AR% from CM it’s sitting at 5k

If claw mastery AR works on BF, with the combination of 9k AR and -25% target def it wouldn’t have that many X on Baal.

The AR display was never correct to begin with.

1 Like

No it isn’t nerf to the ground, if that’s the case I wouldn’t be able to solo 8ppl throne+Baal with blade fury

The damage on LCS was never correct to begin with due to wrong formula being used.

You are basing your conclusion off the wrong info.

Blade sentinel is a trap, it shares the 5 traps limit with lightning and fire traps, so it make sense to not triggered anything to begin with. While I do not know why this trap require AR, at least it would benefit from claw mastery

Issue with blade shield isn’t that it doesn’t do damage. Up until NM if you ever spec in 2.4 with all the synergy, once you have blade shield on and run into a big group of mobs, it does crazy damage to all the mobs and can refill you mana from 0 to full within seconds.

The real issue is that blade shield has next hit delay built in, so the same mob can only be damaged by blade shield every 1 second.

I think most of your opinion/judge is based off how they function in 2.3 or prior. If you ever tested it in 2.4 from the ground up(level a new char from lv 1 without any gear). You will realized how much damage all 3 blade skills are performing now.

I was literally watching a guy trying that out and clear hell with no gear at ease. That’s how much damage they are pulling now. Is it perfect? No there’s still things to work on the skills, but they are nowhere near “weak” as you said.

These skills just happened to have a higher learning curve and require a deeper game knowledge to master.

Yes, and this is actually the girl that commented on your video on youtube about my own build!

The problem isn’t damage, it does a great amount of damage, more than I thought for sure it needed, but still doesn’t have attack rating on it. Act 1 Merc with Fanat + Inner Sight helps a lot and the hit rate against all enemies that aren’t bosses is fairly decent even without Ignore Target Defense. Could it be better? Yes. Ideally, it would be.

Buuuut…It’s possible to solo things at p8 now, when it really kinda wasn’t so much before.

1 Like

I saw your reply and am trying to figure out how to do the testing myself, been stuck and work and study, hard to squeeze time to build and testing. Fana is great option and definitely helps with AR issue but I am also looking at other options because not everyone has the ability to obtain faith.

My ultimate goal is to make it cheap but also viable so people may accept this build more

Yeah, unfortunately cheap + viable doesn’t quite work so much. The Cheapest I can get it to go to remain viable – but not at p8 – still requires a Death Ettin axe. The good thing about it is that everything EXCEPT the runes and Highlord’s are cheap.

With how I set this up it still costs 2 Jah, 2 Lo, 3 Vex, 1 Ohm, 1 Gul.

And because it’s Indestructible, you can actually use Blade Shield with it too.

Your build is probably the cheaper one but I think you can drop the Phoenix to do it, and then you’re sitting pretty with just a Lo rune for your Fortitude.

Alternatively, an eth Spineripper with an Eth rune works, though its damage is inconsistent.

Mine goes at 100% CB, 104% Crit, still has above 70% (minus blockrate) on every enemy in the game…when the enemy is under Inner Sight.

But all of this is to say… to kill bosses, your merc needs to be there AND survive. And that’s a LOT to ask. Especially when it then comes to ubers, so this is not one of those things you ought to bring there.

I manage to solo 4ppl throne+ Baal with the following setup

Shadow killer
Lance guard
Duress
G face
Laying of hands
Gore rider,
Highlord
Raven Frost
Dual leech ring
Torch

Hitting Baal still seems to be an issue for me tho, so still working on it…maybe I have no choice but to use angelic 2 pieces

Might I recommend taking points from Venom, since it’s not only .75 of the stated Venom damage, but is also cut off by Blade Fury itself (which hits every 6 frames, while Venom lasts 10 frames), and putting it into Dragon Talon? Not only does its extra AR really work, it also doesn’t have the halved Crushing Blow damage. My build at Level 85 utilizes level 12 Dragon Talon (after +Skills from BK, torch, anni), to make use of some of that really nice +atk that it has. Hits more consistently than Blade Fury does by about 6%.

I only boost Death Sentry enough to have 10 yard radius exactly, including + skills and +traps GCs.

Can’t link the build here, but at 85, that’s 6 in Dragon Talon, 8 in Fade, 9 in Death Sentry, 20 for each Blade Skill, and 1 for everything else (Down to Dragon Flight, Venom, Cloak of Shadows).

Total of +6 All skills and +6 Trap skills. So at 99, you should be able to get the same build without torch+anni.

I am fully aware of venom only perform approx 45% of listed DMG, it is still a good and easy way to deal with PI nonetheless.

If I am to play this char is real I may opted for dragon talon; however as of right now I just go fully BF in order to test it’s full potential.

And no, I have no anni in the stash, only a torch, assassin torch been rather cheap so I put it in there lol

Understandable – I’m more worried about pragmatism and filling in the holes, so I went with Lawbringer for easy Decrepify and some elemental damage. Dragon Talon keeps phys immunes stunlocked.

Lawbringer is the next weapon that I am going to test out once I am done fixing the first 2 build.

Reason I am not use lawbringer right now is because I am still using might ACT2 with troll reaper.

However if you use rogue with faith bow, than lawbringer is definitely the route to go, especially if you using dragon talon as well.

After that my test is to see how it perform if I focus on +skill environment since at early stage it is hard to find good weapon but +skill gear comes by much easier, and bf damage scaling is huge after lv20

I also recommend an Azurewrath. Lawbringer has Decrepify, but you don’t much need to care about Decrepify if you have a sizable enough amount of damage that an enemy isn’t immune to.

Because Sanctuary removes Physical Immunity from Undead and has a HUGE amount of magic and cold damage, it performs extremely well, and also has the quickest attack that’ll work with Dragon Talon.

AND it’s got +1 to skills to go with a Spirit, so you can save another 2 skill points over Lawbringer. The enemies that are immune to physical are by and large either undead or NOT immune to magic.

It effectively deals with every single physical immune except perhaps the Vile Mother group, which has harsh cold resistances, on the off off off chance that they happen to be physical immune, completely neuters gloams, wraiths, undead flayers, blood lords, and vampires.

This is kind of what we’re reduced to, niche build utilizing super niche stuff, arcane and esoteric tomes of threads that are older than half our ages, rediscovering mechanics long since cast aside by the next shiny new thing…

2 Likes