Please Ban The Bots

Come on blizzard please put out a fresh banwave for those cheating jsp botters upon ladder reset. Level the playing field for us.

6 Likes

Harm their only source of D2R revenue? No chance.

Blizzard lets the botters bot just long enough to make it worth while to buy another dozen copies of the game. If they ban them too soon, revenue would dry up.

And the way gaming is going with MS, they need every nickel and dime.

NetEase introduced anti-cheat that made bots non existent on the Chinese servers. I hope we get that here.

People (the botters) will claim “SPYWARE”, while they are running antivirus software on their computer that is basically doing the same thing.

But then again, I don’t want China having any way of accessing my system.

1 Like

Without bots the economy would tank. Everyone who wants bots gone are following bot runs all day long. Think about it.

I don’t understand, level the playing field so you can land on ladder page while you play 1 hour every couple days or by keeping your Ral runes worth more than 100 igg?

Even without bots, with this being on a global server you would also have to fight the farmers from Korea, China and Vietnam where they can sell 1 Ber for 25 cents USD which through current conversion rates allows a chinaman to make enough yuan keep the lights on for 2 weeks!

With or without bots/farmers, your d2 experience will be the same…rants like this are really poor players who don’t like their magi wearing hdin to be standing in town next to fully built tesladins while they wait for tp.

The Bot problem existed in WoW too OP.

So most liekly that Blizzard won’t ban right away.

Prolly when the botters have bought 20 copies for their accounts.

It’s a never ending cycle. It’ll never stop with the bots.

Just make some friends and run in private games, and you’ll never see the bots.

I’ve yet to see one bot in my game tbh.

No the economy would thrive if bots were gone. Because of bots, the economy nose dives after 2 days and doesn’t recover. This game would be 1000% times better without bots and make ladders worth playing longer than a few days.

2 Likes

I’ve lived through seasons with no bots … you are absolutely right … for the first week or two. Then the game turns into a private session fest because nobody wants to run a public game for fear of someone “stealing” the drops. NO CHAOS GAMES … NO BAAL GAMES. ONLY SOLO MF. HIGH PRICES ON EVERYTHING.

Face it .. bots keep prices low and keep constant chaos and baal games for us to level in.

I hate that there are bots. I wish it was the 90’s again and there were 100k players everyday. This is 2026. The game would die in 1 season without bots in todays world.

1 Like

Scarcity should mean something. Gives a huge motivation to farm. Zero bots = huge drive to play for a long time.

Scarcity does mean something. Just because some bots already have it shouldn’t discourage you from trading with a real person for it.

FG is the best way to trade, and bots ruin the economy.

Yes ban bots and ban d2jsp fg because it’s against ladder fresh start. I don’t care what defenders of cheating in this thread think.

Then maybe make official website for trading or in game auction house.

2 Likes

FG + ban bots … LOL that is funny stuff

How do botters get gear in the first place on ladder reset?

Something tells me this is a fake. If not fake, it will stop working soon anyway. D2R also didn’t have bots for almost 6 months. But then they learned how to crack the system.

Because botters never play in open games )

They have bots that start lvl1 and play through the game and then start farming. They usually have lots of them.

How? People kept saying its impossible.

What are you on about? I have also lived through a few seasons with no bots or low amount of bots (I do not know why you are using that phrasing to make it sound like a bad thing). The game was great! The economy was nice and stable for longer, there were more people playing because… well they were able to use the trade aspect of the game too. Now unless you are a grinder there is pretty much no chance.

Also where are you pulling that argument from that “bots keep chaos and baal games for us to level in”? Uhm, hello, bots run their own private games and there are no baal or chaos bots, or maybe I have somehow managed to miss all of them for the past 12 seasons. It is possible since the game lobby and search function are terrible, but somehow I feel that I would have noticed in all that time.

You are right about one thing tho, bots keep the prices low, in fact bots destroy the prices of everything that is not very late-game and normal people cannot trade. Stop defending the bots! As I said to someone else, if you want to bot, go ahead, but you are a terrible human for doing this and trying to justify it with “bots good” argument is just pointless. Enjoy your bot spoils or whatever you do, I honestly do not get the incentive or the reward of doing this, unless you were a degenerate who just wants to ruin everyone else’s experience.