Please allow the use of botting on closed battle.net for LoD

Dear Blizzard,

Thank you for making a wonderful game. This game has provided entertainment for many teens during the early 2000s and are a Classic, with many people still playing it today (such as Diablo 2 Resurrected). However, there is something I would like to discuss about the state of the game.

Since 2009, I started playing on closed Battle.net and I noticed that there are a lot of bots on the server. Everygame I join, I’m spamed with text advertising for items website. Not only that, I’m probably the only player who doesn’t bot for items in the game. I realize that this is probably the only way to play battle.net, that is to bot for your items and experience.

Now, fast forward 15 years, it is the year 2023, Diablo 2 Resurrected has been released for two years, I don’t have the money to buy the new game; I visited the Classic game, and … yes, the bots are still there. Every game is still a bot game. Every game is still a Baal bot games, with 8 characters runned by a same player, and once in a while I see a Trade game. So after hours of boting, players open a trade game and start trading their boted items to each other, to speed up the item acquiring process even faster. I got better at acquiring items, but there is no way I can ever acquire items like the bots do. Needless to say, there is no way I can ever farm for a Last Wish within a ladder season without the help of bot.

So, onto my forum topic, I think Blizzard should change their anti-botting, hacking policy; remove the anti-botting and keep the closed battle.net as anti-hacking only. You have already fail at preventing bots. You have failed at preventing bots 15 years ago, and you still fail at preventing bots today. Your anti-boting policy will only hurt legit players now, because players will find a way to work around whatever anti-boting policy you have. Your Warden software is completely useless when it comes to stoping programmers find a way to bot. Only players who don’t bot are actually hurt from your anting botting programs. All you have to do is log onto battle.net and see for your self.

I believe you have actually stop paying attention to this game long ago and only govern the forum and reset the ladder every 6 months. The bot-infestested game bother you no more, but it bothers players like me. I’m perplexed, I can’t ever have items like the bots do. There is only one solution to this, I need to bot too. Without boting, there is no way I’m ever going to be able to find a Jah rune, given I only play may be 1-2 hours everyday. The bots play 1-2 hours everyday too, but their AI helps them with the other 20-22 hours. So I wonder why am I not boting?

Now why do I write about this on an official forum? Because I actually don’t have the programing skill necessary to bot without being detected by your anti-boting tools. If I bot, I would probably get detected and my CD key permanently banned and I lose one of my games. So my calling to Blizzard is this: Please allow players to bot legitimately, so I can actually compete with botters on your server. Without bots, there is no way I will ever be able to acquire high-end items on ladder. If I get caught botting by your anti-botting program, I will probably stop playing and never come back to Diablo again. I will not purchase another CD set like boters do. Please allow non-botter to compete on the server too?
The problem with your server is this. You state that hacking/boting is forbiddened and will result in ban, but you don’t finish your job entirely. Your server is flooded with bots, for more than 2 decades now. There is no point in pretending to care about this issue now. Just remove your anti-boting policy and let other players can bot too.
Here, this banner has been here since I played the game almost 20 years ago, and it is still there,
“Please note: The use of any third-party software to modify Battle.net and change game play, including, but not limited to cheats, hacks and/or bots may result in account closures and a possible suspension of access to Battle.net”
But the bots are still there.
In a nut shell, please allow players to bot on closed battle.net, because you don’t have the capability to stop bots. Please allow other players to bot without worrying about getting banned, so at least I can gear up my characters just like the bots do. Any comments for discussion is recommended, and I’m looking forward to hear from you again.

Sincerely,
Spoonie

1 Like

Instead of fight with botting you want to make it available for everyone.

Great solution.

1 Like

schizo post.

there are more bots on d2r than there are on legacy. There are a ton of people that still play, just not publicly. If you want certain items, you gotta grind for them

I second that motion, OP. Excellent post.

I wish for 2 things for Christmas:
#1 all the realms get merged together, and
#2 let the botters have it.

The game is 23 years old - it’s time to let go of the leash, @blizzard. Surely we’ve earned it through our loyalty.

P.S. in no way did I find the original post schizo. It was well written and you can tell he still cares about this incredible game. Thanks for your contribution to the convo.

That’s right brother, bots have been in this game for too long. It existed probably from the first or second season. Is it time for us to be allowed to use bots? This game is over 20 years old. I can ignore and not request botting for Resurrect yet, because there are actually still a lot of players playing that game without using bots. However, no one plays this game anymore except bots.

Brother, those people are playing the Resurrected version, but the LoD version no one plays it anymore except bots. Additionally, there are now some items that are almost never obtainable without a bot, such as Annihilus unique small charm. Currently on the Asian server, no one is selling Stone of Jordan to Akara, so Diablo is not walking the server either. If I don’t have a bot, how can I earn 120 Stone of Jordan to sell to NPCs? I see the bot still exchanges regularly, it’s just that it exchanges high runes, and I don’t have any high runes at all.

Thank you very much. Your opinion is definitely important for our voices to be heard more. I honestly don’t expect much, Blizzard really doesn’t need to change the game anymore, it already has the Resurrect version. Now Blizzard just needs to improve the battle.net experience until the day it stops working, which is already a feat.

Why just dont make new char99 in Jamella with all perf items? LOL.
Whats the difference? Botters without legit players cant exist.
Who will buy items from botters if he can run bot himself?
Only legit players can hold multiplayer. Ppl here are not playing just for numbers, stats, achievements, etc. Thats why this game live that long.
If all go botting: multiplayer = jamella singleplayer = nonsence.

You’re right, it makes no sense if they’re all bots, and it would make sense if players could organize to play with each other. The only thing is that the Lord of Destruction Battle.net no longer has non-bots player, but only bots. I couldn’t find anyone to play with in LoD. And the reality is that even with bots, there are still a lot of people “buying” items, evidence by the fact that there are still a lot of exchange game today. The exchange game and the Baal destruction game are the two most prominent games. Reality shows that there is still a difference between multiplayer and singleplayer. Even if the server is all bots, players will still continue to “play” because they exchange items with each other (have interactions with each other), so there are still players on the LoD server.

I still play legit all these years. Will be starting new season on West server if anyone wants to play, but usually there are some human players at the start for a month or so.

I admire your tenacity. How can you play “legally” when almost the entire server is bot games? In 2009, I used to play on West but I was left behind when after only 5 days the bot had all the items (enigma, cta, etc…). Laugh.

On the EU HC Classic there are still about 200 players and only 1-2 bots. What are you comparing it to?

I guess it depends on your perspective

The way I see it, all online games are compromised. Wow has bots, hearthstone has bots.

People who want a Press to Win button don’t understand why the game was good in a first place.

Someone buy this poor man a copy of d2r, we can hook him up with free items

Cheaters gonna cheat remember if you’re not cheating you’re not winning look at d2 lod 2001 it’s nothing but robots and people selling items for real money and then they just use key generators to steal people cd keys to keep their stupid robot farms going