Please add Tombs as level 85 area

Tristram would be good for 85lvl. Everything is prepared there including stable uniques spawn and champions spawn.

They already increased it to lvl 82 from 80 before.

Which is quite an improvement because champions and boss unlock tc84 when before it was tc81.

Making them lvl 85 would make it close to the best area to mf (easy to find, max density and not too strong mobs), meaning all other new lvl 85 areas wonā€™t be used as much. Not sure if it would be a good thing.

The argument I like about adding this, is that it kind of isnā€™t the best place for a hammerdin due to the magic immune summoners. I feel like this could be a very top place for other characters that are still farming for or donā€™t use enigma.

I support this topic wholeheartedly, make tombs 85! Not only will it be great for the players, but it will probably take some strain of blizzards servers by having us spend more time in the games, clearing tombs.

1 Like

Cmon tombs, this would be a great area to farm in grouos. It would be good for the community!

2 Likes

yes it could be but I believe the devs logic is to avoid adding quest areas at 85ā€¦ hopefully they can be convince but Iā€™m not betting on it.

False tombs arenā€™t quest areas. Theyā€™re completely optional. If your in canyon of magic you know which tomb is the right one.

1 Like

Bump - Any others want to share some love to this thread? I really feel Tombs not being an 85 area is pretty odd considering everything else being raised up. This would really promote a great MF spot that almost discourages hammerdins! This would bring a nice variation for lower tier MF!

1 Like

I would support that 100% if they could exclude the true tomb. The true tomb is required to progress to ACT 3. Making it a level 85 area could make it really tough for characters doing a normal playthrough.

The false tombsā€¦ Go for it!

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™d love for Tombs to be lv85. The main issue with a lot of lv85 areas is that theyā€™re very small, which results in short, repetitive runs. WSK is the biggest exceptions, and not many builds can farm WSK (certainly nothing Iā€™ve got access to). River/Chaos is second best I guess.

Short runs are fine in their own way, and can be really efficient, but sometimes I just want to play the game for more than a minute at a time before having to go through loading screens or shuffling between acts. You know, to just spend a solid 10 minutes plowing through monsters in one area.

I was running all tombs for a bit with a Barb while I was trying to level him through the mid 80s, and it just feltā€¦ nice? It was a meaty chunk of concentrated gameplay. It was a welcome respite from LK/Trav/Meph/Pindle/etc runs. Iā€™d love to be able to do that while magic finding as well.

1 Like

My suggestion is to make areaslvl 85 more accessible, and what i mean with accessible is WSK is a very good place to farm with good density, CS as well BUT these areas arent accessible for players with budget gear like Mausoleum or Ancient tunnels while these areas have good density and higher drops.

So i do want to see Tombs being lvl 85 areas and more and more areas to be lvl 85 on A1-A2 so lower lvl geared players to have more places to farm.

1 Like

What if all false tombs become level 85? I mean, for the first playthrought we just skip all the false tombs by reading the summoners book and checking our questlogs to see what simbol is the original one.
And for those who completed the quest, we should still have the simbol to see what is the original one instead of a devil face after complete the quest on QLog, so for MFers we skip the original and for playthrought we ignore the falses like we re doing right now.
False tombs are moldy for 10+ years. :blush:

1 Like

Yea, Iā€™m even happy with the 7 false tombs being 85 if they canā€™t change the quest area. I just really feel this is a really good missed opportunity if they donā€™t raise these areas! The goals are to help some other spots get noticed more, and after questing, for the most part the tombs are not sought after. This really helps the non-hammerdin players, and even non-teleporting characters with a pretty decent place to gear up. Please blizz!! <3

1 Like

How is that missed good opportunity? It would not be good place to farm.

It would be a good place to farm. High density, ghosts for gems/runes/jewels/charms, not a lot of immunes (and most are easily breakable) besides cold, no particularly dangerous mob types, and itā€™s a fast/easily accessible area due to being a static map.

No, its terrible place, it has all types of immunities. Many rooms where you dont know what is inside.

Gorrebely, Greater mummies, beetles, these are dangerous types.

Please explain to me which builds would farm there.

People are excited about it being 85, but they dont realize that it would not be good place at all.

If you have even a modest amount of elemental damage on your weapon (for ghosts), or amp, or decrep, itā€™s a really solid place for a physical damage character to go. Can be a little annoying with reduced life leech, but definitely manageable. Like I said I leveled a mediocre gear Frenzy barb there for a while as the best option in the mid-late 80s.

Thereā€™s also 7 tombs and you wonā€™t encounter all monster types in each tomb. If you walk in and see something you canā€™t break (and donā€™t want to just skip), walk right out the door and into the next one.

The only element Iā€™d recommend definitely stay out is cold-only builds. 4 of the 7 monster types spawn cold immune. But each of the other immunities only appear on one of the other enemy types. And again, they donā€™t all spawn in each tomb.

People run Tombs all the time while leveling, precisely because itā€™s a good place to farm. This isnā€™t a blind suggestion from people who donā€™t know what theyā€™re talking about. If a couple dangerous enemy types made a place unfarmable, WSK and Chaos would be off the table entirely. And nothing in here is remotely as bad as a bunch of current lv85 areas that have souls, dolls, death lords, or oblivion knights.

So yeah, itā€™d be great if you could also MF there end game. Itā€™s accessible, itā€™s not just a single small map like many lv85 areas, itā€™s more variety. Win win win.

Skeletons and zombie being constantly raised by Greater mummies is nightmare for any melee character. Then there are urdards with crushing blow, also not nice for melee, scarab with high elemental dmg charged bolts., lords are highly resistant to Physical dmg. Fire enchanted Greater mummies are dangerous if they explode. Ghost suck your mana. The monster setup just suck for melee characters, badly.

Ok you leveled there your barb, so what? It doesnt change one thing i said. You would level up better elsewhere.

True but then its huge waste of time when you go to tomb and find out there are immune after while.

Yeah but on normal difficulty :slight_smile: not on NM or Hell. Thats huge difference.

Idk dudeā€¦

Did i say they are easy locations? Of course they are not but there is big diffence. Layout of the map where you have a lot of open space to move so you can skip stuff you dont like. Its much harder in place like tombs.

I mean i dont care, they could make it 85 but i dont see a point just like what they did with underground passage. There are simply a lot better places.

If you donā€™t care and it doesnā€™t affect you, donā€™t waste everyoneā€™s time trying to tell other people they donā€™t want what they clearly do want. Itā€™s one of the most requested lv85 areas. Consider, for even one second, that what you want might not be the same as what other people want.

1 Like

I can discuss like anyone else. I dont mind them raising it to 85. But i am saying its not good place where to go find items so its kind of pointless change and requests.