Please add LoD option

Can only choose from classic and resurrected, why is there no LoD option?

Please add a LoD option as the game was before the ladder patch 2.4.

8 Likes

classic isn’t like classic before 2.4 either.

6 Likes

There dude:

2 Likes

i see no problem

it would be a ghost town anyway

I don’t mind some changes… Maybe a LoD option where they refresh the meta? Or where they don’t make the game easier when they try / implement new changes as a rule of thumb. But I don’t know, I also don’t want to play just LoD for another 2 decades.

I agree, but for only for single player. We shouldn’t split the online player-base in too many directions.

Also: I’d love for TCP/IP to comeback in some capacity for this purpose -like Zahramar mentioned -, but I’m afraid Blizz isn’t willing to do that for security reasons.

i’d rather play LoD for the rest of my life as is than play TZ’s with sunder charms…

6 Likes

The only direction it’s being split is people leaving d2r permanently because of the changes. Having a LoD option will not take away from resurrected in any way.

3 Likes

Spiting the battle-net player base into LoD and Live patch versions of the game doesn’t seem problematic to you? I think it’d be really sad.
Remember: Diablo II LoD is still live and you can still play that if you wish.

2 Likes

Classic isn’t like classic since 1.06b

Classic is still available to be played just install it and click the icon on your desktop

1 Like

You must think that resurrected is a great game or you wouldn’t say that. If it is so great in it’s current state then why would you fear the playerbase moving to LoD?

4 Likes

That is not my fear, you should play LoD if that is your desire. There is nothing wrong with your having an opinion about the state of D2:R or your preference for playing LoD. And yes, I think D2:R is in a mostly good spot, but there are certainly things I would change.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but… no. I’ve already quit playing this (and yes, I did go back to LoD) because of the changes. I’m also not alone in this; we wanted a game that was the original game, only with better graphics and QOL features. When that wasn’t the case, we had no reason to stick around. I’m not complaining; I simply stopped playing. However, a LoD version (HD graphics, QOL features, but no changes) in an actual server (I play online with friends, so single player wouldn’t bring me back; I also love PvP), would absolutely have me playing the game again.

You think it’ll split the player base; it won’t realistically. The people who don’t want changes will have what they want, and therefore not quit the game, and the people who do will see little to no change in the current player base for their server.

8 Likes

“lod option” hahaha there is d2LoD if you want lod option XD

Let’s not argue semantics and use that as an attempt to mock people. You know full well what they meant.

I would love to play LoD but there is no option for it, hence the reason for my post, because you obviously did not understand.

???

So your real reason for posting is not about splitting the playerbase, it’s more about you not liking other people having fun?

They mean the original game; it’s still up and running. I assume you mean a LoD option that still has the HD graphics and runs on the D2R servers? If so, then I agree with you.

1 Like

I think you’re misunderstanding, oh well. Its too bad you don’t like D2:R, I wish you did.
Have fun on LoD?

I wish I liked it, too. I mean, it was a birthday gift from my girlfriend.

I would absolutely love it if they just gave us the ability to play without the changes; this includes everything they changed from 2.3 onward.

I honestly feel like that’s an honest request. If not, then oh well. I’ll play LoD. It’s just that I would love that this game could keep its player base as much as possible.

1 Like