PLAYING NOW (but not playing)

I am unable to launch the game because it says I am already playing it. I took a 1 hour break to let it work itself out and STILL it says I am playing. I even relogged into my account… I hope this can be resolved fast!

If it helps I usually close the game with Alt F4 because it takes too long the traditional way… It quits to lobby then menu screen with long loads in between, all just to EXIT game??

1 Like

It’s the end of January 2022 and I’m starting to encounter this issue now. It doesn’t seem to correlate to having the VPN because it works fine both with it on or off. I try opening the game directly though it refuses to connect to multiplayer. Then I try to kill the “Agent.exe” and “Battle.net.exe” processes in the Task Manager (Details tab, sort by name) and that kind of seems to help though I do not have it to the point of reliably reproducing a work-around. It also refuses to let me uninstall / reinstall the game. Any thoughts?

You should make a Post in the Right Forum. This is only for bugs. You should make a new one in technical support.

This IS the bug reporting forum. :roll_eyes:

Actually, we don’t know if this is a bug causing this issue or a hardware (technical) issue.

But, for future reference, it would be better to advise players to move their thread rather than create duplicates, (which might be considered spamming).

Moving Threads

1. Click the pencil icon next to the title of your thread. (See image below).

1. Click the "Category" field to bring up a list of D2:R Forums. (See image below).

1. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  2. Save your edit.

This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies.

Note: The images above are from the D3 Forums, but it works the same way.