Players 8 WW Barbarian Chaos Speedruns Terror Zones Farm Build

Hey everyone, wanted to share 2x Grief and 2x Death versions of Whirlwind Barbarian for speedrunning Players 8 Difficulty Chaos Sanctuary. With Patch 2.5 and the introduction of sunder charms, I presented 2 different gear setups and wanted to share this with the community. I hope you will enjoy the video.

3 Likes

Both clears have great times. You could get faster times on the clears by switching out Enigma for Fortitude and adding half those Shout point in Increase Speed. I also believe maxed Battle Cry with Infinity on merc is better than Reapers. A few months ago another forum user was getting under 4 minutes with Fort and double Grief.

If you’re interested, my challenge for you is to Kill Diablo, Nihlathak and Baal in under 10 minutes.

3 Likes

Hey, thank you for your kind message. Great input. Kind of wanted to integrate enigma into the build, but of course Fortitude should provide better damage. I wanted to have great mobility for Terror Zones in mind.

Very interesting suggestion with regards to Battle Cry + Infinity. Have to check numbers for that.

Thank you for the challenge, it sounds fun. Got too much in my plate right now so maybe I’ll check it out sometime.

All in all, great input.

Not bad.
I found myself a new combi.
Grief Ba with Death Ba. Goes trough everything like butter. With ias jewel in Helm no problem to reach 63 ias cap.

If i want some quick runs i use enigma.
If i want pure dmg i use forti.

1 Like

good gameplay, loved the music my man. good information to be had as well for p8

One question tho… if you run singleplayer and wealth is no issue there (you have charms in your inventory worth a few hundred bers on bnet), why not use dual cb for grief instead of blue toy swords (better range, damage and looks) ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its not cost effective, so a lot of time is wasted farming gold with CS/CB/BA, which takes away from the pursuit of experience on the ladder. Even though PBs have lower average damage (-12) and lower range (-1) the CB are insignificant to the faster attack speed and the indestructible. I understand your vanity, on ladder though, pragmatism is more effective.

2 Likes

I am a sucker for aesthetics that’s true, I collect different coloured bo helms :))
I understand your point on ladder or early on in the game, but vid of gameplay is on singleplayer, minor detail anyway, the man rips.

Cheers

2 Likes

I’m completely vain when it comes to my armour! I never use armour lower than Boneweave. Even though I’m 100% Scottish, I never wear the skirt armours! lol

Also, the vid says it’s ladder. Elite ladder players are super rich and also very vain about perfect gear and identical art on charms. However, though the gc and sc are not perfect they appear to be duped.

1 Like

All good points there. CB can be used, but Phaseblade short range and max FPA makes it very useful for telestomping and focusing attacks on kill target if needed. Longer range weapons may spread the WW hits which inevitable spreads the damage. Sometimes you want to land fast kills, and that’s where accurate telestomping and short range bursts are S+

Also no need to repair wep is good for high intensity pace. The build is showcasing a competitive P8 TZ farm build (edit: build is single player with P8 command).

Hope my perspective helps. Loved your input though. Definitely +style for CB :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting point about the pb and the spread of damage for longer range weapons, at least for sniper kills. I will test this today

Cheers

1 Like

It’s one of the reasons why I use the TM. I can be surrounded and easily target the monsters closest to me. The only real threat is Lord De Seis minions when playing p7-p8 and the character is amped.

1 Like

Howl is pretty good against De Seis Pack. I agree that even with Howl De Seis pack can still pose a threat especially for melee builds. Fortunately Shout + Iron Skin comes in handy in those situations.

1 Like

My work around for Lord De Seis is to amp them all with GoP on switch. If they are hella fast I first lock them up War Cry, then amp them, then re-War Cry and with the merc’s Might and Conviction auras they instsa die with the first ww pass.

1 Like

I wish howl worked on close range monsters, instead of them deciding to attack you at close range even when terror is on them, kinda bugged, but not really, it’s always been like that, same with blind.

I imagine Blinkin from the movie Men in Tights, frantically swinging his sword against that pole, only it’s the monsters, and you are the pole.

War Cry locks them up good.