/Player X, How Do You Know If It Works?

How do you know it’s working?

Does it work on D2R?

What’s the difference if I create a Multiplayer game with settings Player Max = 8 but I put a password so nobody could enter? Does it increase the difficulty?

I killed Baal the 2nd time on Hell on Solo. Looks like a faceroll. I want a harder difficulty without bringing other players to come in to my game becoz you know I dont want them to ninja my loots.

Doesn’t work on multiplayer

The /players command is only for single player, online you need real people in the game

But does it increase difficulty? If I put password and nobody could join and the settings is player max = 8, does it increase difficulty?

For every actual player in the game it gets harder, i.e. the HP of the mobs is 100% for 1 player, 150% for 2 and then +50% for every additional player in the game.
If you do a private game and set players to maximum 8 this is only the maximum number that can potentially join, not more.

h ttps://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Player_Settings

Player max is just the max number of players that can be in the game. It alone has no effect on the game. It’s not the same as the /players 8 command. That command is only available for offline play.

1 Like

Why do you play multiplayer when you dont want to play with others? You cant use /players x command in multiplayer.

So what you guys are saying is that you can increase mob scale offline as long you type in /player 8 in chat?

Yes, players 3,5,7 is used usualy to simulate more players in game to get more loot/xp.

Not tried it in D2R single player, but if I remember correctly from the original game you would get a message on screen similar to the one when ppl join your game, about minions growing stronger.

Is there no difference between /players7 and /players8 ?

I am not completely sure if there is not difference in xp, but there is not in drops.

/Players 3 is same as 4, 5 as 6 and 7 as 8

I usualy use /players 3 for leveling as its great for better xp a loot but game is not that much harder.

Ya there is xp difference only.

works in d2r singleplayer

Thanks for clarifying that guys.

So in conclusion, I cant make the game harder when on ONLINE mode when I am already on Hell difficulty.

If actual players join my game, only then the mobs density would grow. If they cant join my game becoz I put a password, even if my settings is set to player max = 8, the game difficulty remains the same.

And /Player X only works for “Offline” but it doesnt increase game difficulty.

So if I beat Hell difficulty already all on solo and can eat Baal Hell for breakfast and can faceroll Countess Hell, The Summoner Hell and Nihlathak Hell then I should be done in the game.

Why would I need to level up to 99 if I put all the mobs in the game to their knees at level 84? Why would I need more powerful runes if my current average runeword gear (except for Fortitude which I just got recently ane make me even more powerful), cant make mobs kill me?

Massive Archers, Massive Casters, Massive Summoners, Massive Fetishes, Claw Vipers, Suicide Minions, Succubus, Doom Knights, Massive Cows, and Stygian Dolls, they can put a fight but now pretty unfairly matched to me. Whoelse? The Main Demon Bosses?

These mobs/bosses were a great challenge while I was still on progression. But after I beat Baal Hell and the whole minions before him, there’s nothing more.

There’s no Endgame that gets harder and harder like on D3… no Greater Rifts. So I am done.

Ubers is meant to be played by Multiplayers. One of the Bosses there is immune to me.
I would need another player as powerful as me to put them down. But I hate playing with Random people on Multiplayers becoz most of them just want to be carried and ninja my loots.

Anyway, here’s my 2nd Kill of Hell Baal which I killed the other day… all on SOLO.

Sure it does. Enemys has more HP for example.

This is not correct. It can be, or it can be solo’d. I prefer solo.

I don’t believe there are more mobs, they’re just harder to kill an award more XP.

Why play mulitplayer online if not wanting to play with others?
I can answer that! It’s not that an online single player doesn’t want to join others, but can’t. The D2R multiplayer join menu is virtually non-existent and you can’t find or even communicate with others, you can’t even locate their portal. Even if you go town to town looking for their portals , they may not still be in the game or maybe never deployed a portal. If your meeting close friends on passworded games this is not an issue. When d2R was first released it had a very comprehensive join menu that was since deleted and never replaced with any semblance of one. Major drawback !