Physical sundered charms are better now

The Bone Break

• Monster Physical Immunity is Sundered
  • Physical Damage Received Increased by 10% to 30%
1 Like

Is this your idea or have they said something?

2.5 patch notes, update came now.

ok yeah, but unless we get “reasonable” way to lower physical resist… its still at 95%
meanwhile fire light cold and poison can use infinity and lower resist, and freaking cold mastery

they all get thier clear speed blasted open, melee doesn’t, and only barb can get grim ward… fury druid has nothing.

this blasts open melee and phsyical clear speeds… and thats the issue

1 Like

Thats why I try to spread the message of removing fear from Grimward. Then barb is fixed and done.

AND other chars can use Grimward unsynergized for 20% lower physical resistance. So after Sunder 95% res you lower it to 75% and thats more reasonable. It also slows by 11% lvl 1.

Grimward charges are on many items.

But with fear effect on, its practically useless.

2 Likes

doesnt do my wolfy any good though

I think they can spawn in vendor shops? maybe mistaken. Unique item/s has charges.
It would help your wolf actually kill a 75% res monster, instead 95%.
On swap you could carry one wand with grim ward to cast. Easy.

… no it wouldn’t because u cant cast it in wolf form…

it would need to be an “chance on kill” effect to work with wolf or they would need to allow wolf to use non class skills in wolf form…

the problem is that cant just “do that” unless they also make those non class skills use human breakpoints.

becuase wolf breakpoints are faster

and if they allowed wolf breakpoint then ele druid would just be able to tele around cast his spells in wolf form with lower FCR breakpoints.

so its not that simple

they would need to make ele skills ( other than hurricane and arma) not castable in wolf form for all other skill castable… in order to buff wolf druid without breaking ele druid

This I didnt know. Well they could fix that to be able to cast it in wolf form. Also battle orders shouts in wereform.

Well problem is maybe deeper as you wrote with the casting things.

Then maybe reworking Spirit of barbs to give -physical resistance to monsters after they hit a target with Spirit of barbs aura active on.
Like -5% physical res per hit, stacking.

its funny how literally everyone has the idea of reworking spirit of the barbs to lower physical resist in some way EXCEPT blizzard.

but i dont think per hit would be best, that would be more complex to code.
it would be much easier to give a flat % based on lvl of the skill

but they could add - defense per hit on it as well as that is a stat that already exists on items like souldrainers

1 Like

So decrepify from lawbringer will always be at maximum effect.

What abiut ubers? Are they now subject to much more base physical melee damage?

As far as I know, Ubers were never physically immune. So no change there.

Does this part mean sunder charms effect traps now? Traps are considered minions so would that be a summon? I am just wondering if I can play assassin

" Any abilities granted by a Sundering Charm will also extend to your pets and summons, so keep that in mind as you upgrade your character ."

Yes traps count as minions so yes they benefit from sundering, but other sources of -%lightniing resist still do not work with traps. The fire sundering charm will be amazing for fireblast though combined with flickering flames, fire facets, etc…

2 Likes

It should also reduce monster defense.
There is no IF when it comes to hitting with these caster buffs - but melee will still have the awesome formula dictating if we hit or not. -50% ez.

I disagree, if you invest few points, slow on it together with fear is extremely op. It has also quite a big range

I have it high level slow and do cows with Throwbarb. But its still not extremely op compared to if it doesnt have fear and just slow. You can hoard the cows to better pierce in line compared to feared cows goin in all directions.
So I rather use Atma scarab so cows just follow me around and I can “herd” them like I want. Lacerator also has that negative impact of fear overriding amp dmg.

I simply think fear is stoping Grimward to achieve full potential and make barb closer to casters power.

I think issue is that high level of it has too big range and groups of cows get affected if you dont even attack them yet and thats the issue as they start running around.

Yes thats another issue, which removing fear effect eliminates.
Currently best tactic is to lure as many cows and possibly against a wall and get Grimward that way so as many get stuck to wall.

What about Nadir rw helm’s Level 13 Cloak of Shadows (9 Charges). Will it overrid the fear without removing the slow and damage amping affect ?