Physical Charm - Add Minus Target Defense

The “Bone Break” physical charm is garbage. There are very few physical immune monsters in the game and this charm simply becomes more of a liability with 25% more damage from physical attacks.

Overall, the new Sundered Charms widens the gap between elemental builds and physical builds, which leaves physical builds behind even more for Patch 2.5. With the introduction of Terror Zones, physical builds struggle more as they rely on attack rating. It would be very beneficial for this new charm to have minus target defense on it, which fits the theme.

In my opinion, the “Bone Break” charm needs a complete rework as follows:

Bone Break

• Monster Physical Immunity is Sundered
  • Target Defense -50%
  • Physical Damage Increased by 10% (down from 25%)
5 Likes

I was legit thinking the exact same thing, though I put the damage increase to 15-25% range to try and put them on some what of a more equal footing with elemental champs.

1 Like

i agree, the bonus and negative side should be different factors than phyisical res. but i think there should still be a downside to that charm. they should play around a bit with -% enemy defense and increased damage a bit with this one. there are alot of people here that cry because of the melee ar system here. physical immunities are not really that hard to work around.

2 Likes

Completely agree with the OP.

Tested the Physical damage charm with a Frenzy barb and I just didn’t find any use of it considering I have 1 point in Berserk.

In order for this charm to give the physical melee hero the same type of advantage it gives to elemental casters, it should straight reduce monster’s physical resistance to 0 as the Sanctuary aura does for the Undead. This would be fair for melee… but not sure how it would impact bowazon, she might become too strong then.

1 Like
  • monster physical resistance to 50%

• -300 defense and\or - 300 ar

1 Like

That could be a great change, hope the devs are listening.