Petition for console in-game text chat

Just made my first trade in D2R… Works like a charm… Only need to add text to a new game you make, and you should be good. Took around 5 minutes for someone to join and trade the item i needed for the item i offered.

1 Like

That is what I been saying. Make game name what you are looking to trade 4. I just was having issues last night naming games.

Signing just to bump to the top

I need to talk to d2jsp pweez!

I also just made my first trade by naming game what I was trading. This is much better than what we had before! :+1:t3:

“Signed” Emote wheel is nice for a quick follow me or thanks, but we do really need an option to use in game keyboard for more detailed communication without having to privately message people. Would make a huge difference, loving the new lobby system though thanks bunches devs :+1:

4 Likes

Is it because the games are region locked now?

There was a full page of Non-Ladder softcore games, which was a breath of fresh air to see, but hardcore ladder and even soft core ladder had like 5 games up a piece?

The xbox Party Finder system dropped from like 150 posts to around 60, so where are all the games, where are all the players in the lobby now?

Signed. And please Blizzard, please also fix the current bug which destroys cross-region play.

It would be wonderful if you could make the fundamentals of this great game function.

2 Likes

Think my bags full. I’ll go look. :joy::wink:

1 Like

Hey, that bags full chat option comes in really handy if you wear a colostomy bag.

Props to blizzard for being inclusive lmao

1 Like

Signed, in game chat would be great… can’t be that hard to add

1 Like

Signing again chat is the only thing missing

1 Like

Yes we need chat on consoles.

Chat is needed incredibly bad

Signed. Much needed.

In game chat guys!! Thank you Blizz

Do it like 8 months ago

Signed. The lack of communication on switch is frustrating.

Signed.
Back in the early 2000’s a made an insane amount of friends (both locally and remotely) from playing D2 and D2:LoD.

At this moment, while I have made hundreds of accounters in D2:R, I haven’t made a single friend to play against with. Almost nobody goes through the console’s friend listing, add someone they just randomly met in their friend list, invite into a group, plug in a mic or, worse, use the slow-crawling friend chat typing system that may take 5 secs to open, 1 sec per letter to register and 3 secs to send while you’re getting your face kicked in by some mobs. It’s not even funny how the game ALREADY have the chat system, but they just didn’t implement the custom string registration process to send a custom message instead of a premade one.

1 Like

How is it not a huge elephant in the room that chat in D2R doesnt exist?

The chat wheel doesnt add, fix, or compensate for anything.

Is it a console/system limitation?
Was it an afterthought?

Ideally, this would be a pretty basic implementation in the next patch, and with keyboard functionality, it would put D2R even closer to where we all want it to be on console.

Is it such a small feature it’s going to get swept under the rug and ignored entirely?